• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Character changes thread

Psyburn

How do you all feel about the characters thus far and how they are changed in the remakes? I've enjoyed the GSC characters so far.

Last edited:
Re: This will be my dumbest topic ever but....

Personally I couldn't care less. Do you really expect them to be the same? Basically we are getting new games with the same story, so why should it matter if character designs change? Shoot look at how the pokemon were designed in R/G/B. Yellow definately fixed them up by bringing them in line with the Anime.

I don't see them changing very much from the originals other than a costume change, which is what happened with FR/LG - essentially the male protagonist just got new clothing.

Double posting...sorry

DVC00008.jpg

His redesign doesn't suck...yay..

However

DVC00007.jpg

NERD RAGE!!!!

Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever apparently forgot that the 2nd-gen games already had a female player character...

Either that or they randomly decided that they wanted her hair to be brown instead of blue. And that they wanted to give her a hat... and that weird overalls/shorts thing.

And this is one of the first things they show us from the remakes... not exactly a good start. Let's hope they don't screw up too much else.

RETURN TO THE F***ING FARM YOU CAME FROM, MYSTERIOUS GIRL!

Okay, honestly this is bad. I know I'm being a hypocrite, but why? Leaf was meant to be utilized in R/G, so why didn't they bring back Crystal?

I don't think it's that bad. She's cute :/ And I'm assuming they may be saving Crystal for when/if they do a Crystal remake? (I don't think they will, but!)

(HG/SS Topic count: 4. Couldn't you have brought this up in one of the other threads about the same thing?)

No apparantly he couldn't...

She is NOT Kris. What she is is a female character that provides support like May or Dawn. Kris is a different person. At least, that's the vibe I get.

Probably new, unlike green... (though green was new to me...)

Shame they haven't used yellow as a playable character. (Manga wise, it'd be awesome)

Super Yoshi is owned? :P kidding

Yeah this is BS on a new scale of awful. And I doubt they would do a crystal remake...ever.

Third edition games were there to provide extra content to the previous 3 titles. Nothing more. The remakes add even more to the package while trying to keep everything relatively the same.

I just hope the Rival is BS'ed

I like the girl protagonist. :/ and for those who are all RAAAAAGEing, you'll get used to her in the months to come and by the end of it all you'll be all "omgf im da biggest GSGirl fan evar!!!" Mark my words.

Also note that that art indicates that the Pokegear will return.

And I'm going to say this now: Kamon (Silver) is horrible and needs to go die, in a hole, right now.

The revamped art for Silver hasn't been released yet, has it?

Because he needs some shiny new man-capris too.

Double posting...sorry
DVC00007.jpg

NERD RAGE!!!!

RETURN TO THE F***ING FARM YOU CAME FROM, MYSTERIOUS GIRL!

Okay, honestly this is bad. I know I'm being a hypocrite, but why? Leaf was meant to be utilized in R/G, so why didn't they bring back Crystal?

XDDDD

She may be new, but give her a chance, she's absolutely MOE! I love her design, it's fresh and new. But I'll say shame on them for forgetting Kris.

All she needs to complete the outfit is a ranchers hat, :3

But...they didn't forget Kris. It is a GS remake and Kris is exclusive to Crystal...so it only makes sense that they make a new character.

Well, a revamped Kris wouldn't look too bad really, if you think about the boy's coloring and the coloring of Kris, it kinda works out to kind of match the colors of the games.

Whoever said they "forgot" Kris? Maybe they just decided since she was kind of Crystal's gimmick, to leave her out of the SILVER and GOLD remakes.
edit: I guess Jason-Kun beat me to the punch but I still want to put in my two cents and also emphasize this. I am in the "they did not forget Kris" school of thought, everyone.

Anyway, I think she's pretty cute, and personally I didn't like Kris that much anyway. It probably shouldn't bother me that so many people are baaaawwwing about this, but it kinda does. I'm actually really looking forward to getting to choose this cute new female character. I'm glad they actually went through the effort of making a new character instead of being lazy and just recycling Kris.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom