• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions drawing at the speed of dial-up internet

Dragon

disaster pigeon
Pronoun
she
edit: Here's a bunch of links to things I've drawn I'm gonna make this first post less lame later

For the Battle for Asber
full profile picture in ghost trick art style
reference sheet for an OC/friend
some people you might know
i got a tiger
fan TWEWY noise/TWEWY sona?
some doodles from this November
Pit from Kid Icarus
ew what
some stuff made of clay!

Favourite Pokemon of every type:
Bug and shitty homestuck recolour
Dark and shitty homestuck recolour

Sometimes I pixelart:
d676e668dd2a91b1c2345375e27d0917-d4krgov.png
artmo_day_3_by_windragonortex-d4ilzej.png
More_dragons__Really__by_WindragonOrtex.png
lolwut
The Rayquaza ornament is the newest sprite, and the others were done from 6-18 months ago. I know about those three white pixels just hanging around on it :V

I refuse to make separate pixelart/art request threads so let's just instead! If you want me to draw/sprite something for you, go ahead and just leave a comment here and I might do it if I have time/the muse for it and/or no homework. If you do request something, expect it done in anywhere from a week to a month, to two months to never, though :0

Last edited:
Re: what was I doing again?

aa3183fd62a858ef730d807c2b59a953-d4kjrl2.png

Just messing around with colours and outlines. This is how you do shadows and outlines right??? And that's Ray from Ghost Trick, yeah. Or 's supposed to be.

I love your art style! c: especially the way you shade things, it's all smooth and sort of...painterly? *does not actually know if that is the right way to describe it*

Also, didn't you enter that Rayquaza ornament in GPX+'s bauble decoration contest thingy? I think I remember seeing it on there :o

Haha, thanks you guys :3 Though I'm not really sure what you mean about my art style being nice since it seems to be really inconsistent and I'm not even sure what it is? Pretty sure it changes sporadically from a generic anime style to a crappy semi-realistic style and blargh.

@Zapi: Yeah, I entered the Rayquaza bauble in that contest :0! I even came in fourth place yay I got like ten prize points for it too

EDIT:
d676e668dd2a91b1c2345375e27d0917-d4krgov.png

Not exactly a Togekiss retype, but sort of one! lol wat r sprite size limits. 'S Ashglade, an OC of mine. And 's most likely going to end up as a sig attribute in ASB.

Last edited:

A couple (late) comments about Pit. I notice his weight is all on his right foot. Unless his left foot is just floating, which I doubt. About that bow of his, the bow itself is too straight. Also, the arrow appears to be coming towards the viewer, but the bow is directed away. When you draw a bow, your fingers are curled, not straight. Overall though, excellent work.

A couple (late) comments about Pit. I notice his weight is all on his right foot. Unless his left foot is just floating, which I doubt. About that bow of his, the bow itself is too straight. Also, the arrow appears to be coming towards the viewer, but the bow is directed away. When you draw a bow, your fingers are curled, not straight. Overall though, excellent work.

:o
Dayum, you know your shit in arting.

Your art style is not having an art style :P

Right, thanks! I don't know crap 'bout archery except that.. you hold a bow. I'll keep those things in mind if I draw a bow any time soon :0

Meanwhile;

finale_by_windragonortex-d4ljrzq.png

What is going on with Salamence's anatomy there. I can't colours. or shading.

i'm back

Guys so I heard we have
tags now? Is there a point in going back through this thread and [hide]ing everything or does it not matter. Anyways, I've basically only drawn Homestuck for a while so that's what all of the following is basically!

[hide=arts]
draw_this_again_meme_by_windragonortex-d52ag54.png

chainsaw_lesbian_vampires_by_windragonortex-d51xw7h.png

and a weirdly coloured version
chainsaw_vampires_take_2_by_windragonortex-d51y7i9.png

trolls_i_dislike_by_windragonortex-d5227ym.png

rose_and_roxy_by_windragonortex-d4tf6yo.gif
And in the first post or something I said I wouldn't post cosplay pictures but since these are already on Tumblr here is me cosplaying as Terezi from Homestuck. Also some wonky scalemates I made with Eyes5's pattern before Hussie got it taken down. These qualify as art right???

I'll be scanning a few more things in the next week or so, so there's that.

aa3183fd62a858ef730d807c2b59a953-d4kjrl2.png

Just messing around with colours and outlines. This is how you do shadows and outlines right??? And that's Ray from Ghost Trick, yeah. Or 's supposed to be.
Since the bit near the bulb's roughly a perfect circle, it should actually be an ellipse (and therefore roughly symmetrical), not a lump. Same for the base.

While I like the shading and the lineart for the absol, I think the distinction between the blues and the reds is way too stark. :/ It looks kind of like two separate images there that got mashed together since the colour scheme's not unified. Also, the greens for the talons on the red side should either be a dark red or nearly grey (but still on the red side of things) to match with the red lighting.

The togekiss pixel art is awesome \o/ -- oh hey, neat groudon. I'd suggest layering a few different similar glaze colours, though, to make it slightly more interesting. But then again groudon is red and red glazes are hard to find, so. Is that a red underglaze?

I keep editing this post because the sneasel style (while being otherwise my favourite) has basically no contrast between links and text so I keep having trouble finding things :(
Eee, Terezi cosplay. And scalemates! And the Roxy and Rose pixel art.

Last edited:

Thanks for looking over my stuff :O!

Colour really isn't my strong suit, haha. And for Groudon, that's a red glaze and not an underglaze (lol using school resources). I didn't think of layering glazes whoa :o! Those three things are the only things I've made out of clay actually, but the next time I get my hands on a kiln and some glazes I'm def trying that.

:D

My high school didn't have red glazes, just red underglazes, which was why I asked. ... Actually, I don't think the place my mum does pottery at has red glazes, either. Red's an easy colour to accidentally burn out. You'll of course want to be careful about not putting on too MUCH glaze, but I think putting two similar colours slightly overlapping'd be pretty interesting :D

uploads terrible old art that wasn't scanned properly

somewhat newer things:
character_designs_by_wdracaena-d5mqvah.jpg

rogue_of_void_by_wdracaena-d5mqvo2.jpg

Most recent thing. Watercolours????? watercolours

sorry for low quality scanning oops (also I changed my deviantArt to wDracaena, but there's nothing there other than the contents of this post rn)

Re: boo yip

tumblr_meflfmjrhf1qhbl88o1_1280.png

tumblr_meflfmjrhf1qhbl88o2_1280.png

Also I'm doing ArtMo this year! Won't spam and post sth here daily but here's day 1 and 2. Redraws of the above fantasystuck designs. RPGstuck? something

Re: boo yip

On that fantasystuck Rose, the distances between the top of her shoulders, her collar bone, and her boobs makes it look like you're looking down on her from a significant angle, like birds-eye kind of significant. Also it looks like her hands are on backwards. Did she respec into a rakshasa? Also her feet are at weird angles. ... Really, everyone except Dave's feet are too far pointed down. It's a recurring thing.

But your proportions are pretty good, though I think you give everyone too much forehead, and I like the designs. :D

Back
Top Bottom