• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Okédoké! La Leyenda Mexicana [image-heavy]

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
Okédoké! La Leyenda Mexicana [image-heavy]

Over the summer, I've been working on an OHRRPGCE game called "Okédoké!".
picture.php

It's about a Mexican guy illegally crossing the border to find his missing father... and he bumps into the Mexican Grim Reaper and all sorts of other weird characters along the way, traveling from Mexico to the United States and going all over the country, from Texas all the way up to Pennsylvania... and then finally crossing Canada and ending up in Alaska.

It was originally made for an 8-Bit Game Contest, so it's supposed to look a little NES-ish.

Here's a buttload of screenshots.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

And here's a link to where you can download the demo. You'll want to download the most recent version (okedoke_newdemo.zip), since it's finished up through Chapter 5 with a little bit of Chapter 6 at the end; only one more chapter left before I'm done!

Last edited:
Re: Okédoké! La Leyenda Mexicana [image-heavy]

Some videos of me playing through the game's boss battles at ridiculously low levels:

Boss 1: The Mighty Racist Border Rangers (El Garbanzo Lv.1, Señor Rialgo Lv.1)

Boss 2: Geckos gang boss Daddy G (El Garbanzo Lv.2, Señor Rialgo Lv.3, Señor Death Lv.2)

Boss 3: Emo Grande (El Garbanzo Lv.3, Señor Rialgo Lv.3, Señor Death Lv.2)

Boss 4: The Skinks Gang (can't remember exact levels, but I'm pretty sure everyone was around level 4)

Boss 5: Mecha-Oscar (can't remember exact levels, but I'm pretty sure none were higher than 5)

EDIT: New videos up! There will be more sometime later (probably after I finish Chapter 5 and upload a new demo version.)

Last edited:

This game looks as if it's coming out well.

The Mighty Racist Border Rangers made my day.

Well, it's been a while, but I've finally uploaded another demo version. Chapters 4 and 5--as seen in the later screenshots with the city park, Jamaican elves, Amish guys, sewers, junkyard, strip club, and prison--are now pretty much finished (though the huge optional secret area I had planned for Chapter 4 still isn't done yet.)

Just like before, you can download the ZIP file containing the game and everything you need to play it here. The required DLLs are included in the ZIP file now, so the newest version should work even if you don't have the OHRRPGCE on your computer.

Since I'm getting close to finishing up Chapter 4's super-secret optional area (the Burger Kingdom), it's just about time for... more screenshots!

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Of course, I won't be releasing another public demo of the game until Chapter 6 is done (probably not until... maybe sometime this summer?)... so I guess these are an early preview of what's going to be in the secret area.

No new updates on the game itself, but this might be of some interest to people who wanted to play this but couldn't because they're using a Mac. They're working on a Mac OS X port of the OHRRPGCE now.

I'm not sure exactly how far along it is (the post I linked ot is pretty recent, and it's the first I've heard of a Mac port), and there seem to be some audio-related problems that might be a bit annoying (midi music doesn't loop and sound effects sound scratchy), but other than that it seems to be at least in a working, playable state.

So if you want to play Okédoké on a Mac, it should be possible now, if you can deal with some sound-based glitches.

EDIT: Of course, the OKEDOKE.EXE file included with the game won't work if you're on a Mac, so you'll need to use whichever program file comes with the Mac port instead; it will probably be titled "GAME" though I'm not familiar enough with Macs to say what the file extension would be. Running it will load up a list of every game you've got in that folder instead of just going to directly to Okédoké, but other than that should work exactly the same; if you want the program to skip the loading screen, just change "GAME" in its filename to "OKEDOKE".

Finally some actual Okédoké news: I've come out with another demo release. The secret area of Chapter 4 (seen in the screenshots with grassy areas, white sidewalks, castle, etc.) is finally accessible, and you can also get to some secret areas in Chapter 5 and a little bit of the first part of Chapter 6.

You should probably wait until a few days from now to download it, though, because I've noticed a few things I left out of the earlier releases (forgot to put some faces on some text boxes, and other minor stuff like that.) If you don't really care about whether or not all of the prison guards have faces in their text boxes, though, go ahead and get the December 4th version.

Just popping in briefly to let whoever might be interested know that Okédoké is finished, and you can now download the complete version of the game! All 6 chapters are finished now, and I've also gone back and fixed bugs, added a bunch of stuff to earlier sections of the game (this version adds two new sidequests to parts of the game that were a little short on playable content before), and so on.

The download link in the first post will still take you to the right place to find it.

Back
Top Bottom