• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Regarding the Social groups

They were never used very often; I made a couple for administrative kinds of things where I didn't want anybody (non-mod-shaped) on the board to be able to see what was going on, and it was more convenient than setting up a group on some outside service, as well as a more jokey one, and that's it.

For the most part I don't think social groups have much of a niche on the forums... if stuff can be talked about publicly, you might as well just make a thread, and there aren't many "group administrative" things going on around here. They can be fun just as things to join that will show up on your profile ("Harry Potter Fans" etc.), and they can work if you want a kind of chat area for some subgroup of members on TCoD--for example, if you have a very popular RP, and you want to be able to create a "hangout lounge" kind of thing, where it might be beneficial for people to make a bunch of threads or do some off-topic chatting. Other than that, nobody's come up with much to do with them.

So, basically, no, but people pretty much never did in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom