• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chief Zackrai vs. sreservoir

God damnit.

Fixing fixing fixing. Thanks for the patience I guess.

EDIT: Not +anything% to Zeus because it still hit the cap.

Surf comes out to 14%. Water Spout comes out to 24%. Therefore +8% to Zackrai's team, with Dawn Stone factored in.

Last edited:
I actually had this reffing almost done and then I didn't see the update-restart-thing sneaking up on me until it was too late to his the "Remind me later" button. So I lost the file I was typing it into. I'm a little IRL-swamped right now but I will have the reffing within a few days...I think.

TEAM CHIEF ZACKRAI
OOO
Grimer
Slimer (Male)
Ability: Stench
Health: 63%
Energy: 94%

Bidoof
Zeus (Male)
Ability: Simple
Health: 50% (CAPPED)
Energy: 94%
Status: Rippling with muscle, but seemingly unaware of this fact. Encored (Work Up, one more action), +6 Attack, +4 Sp. Atk, mildly confused (12% chance of confusefail)

Magnemite
North Pole (Unknown)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 63%
Energy: 78%

TEAM SRESERVOIR
OOO
Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Ability: Water Absorb
Health: 100%
Energy: 88%
Status: Experimentally filtering water throughout her lower body.
Item: Dusk Stone

Ninjask
Pinch (Female)
Energy: 87%
Status: Trying to shake off the god damn pile of sludge. -1 Speed.

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Health: 94%
Energy: 83%
Status: Oh God that hurt. Severely Paralyzed (25% chance of fail; -3 Speed)
Item: Dawn Stone

ROUND 2 EMPIEZA​

The Omskivar waved his flag as the Trainers finished issuing their commands. Pinch zoomed upwards a few feet to better angle herself for her attack; Slimer clung on for dear life as the Ninjask spun wildly in the air, slicing through the misty atmosphere with her wingtips. Slimer especially screeched in pain as the razor-sharp air currents swept through the entirety of Chief Zackrai's side of the arena; Zeus was buffeted backwards, floating on its back for a moment or two before lazily rotating around, its eyes screwed shut in pain from its headache; North Pole, however, seemed hardly affected at all.

œ struggled against her paralysis, but to no avail; her body would not respond. Giving up for this action, she sank almost below the surface of the water and let out a sigh of bubbles. Just then, she heard a heavenly chiming sound, and felt her body washed over by a mystical power that purged the paralysis from her system. She looked around, then caught sight of Fluffy, whose eyes were glowing blue once more. The Misdreavus gave a half-smile and turned away as the glow faded, and œ began her commands, then stopped herself, remembering that she was ordered to wait in any case.

North Pole's computer systems began to scan its companion, Zeus, who seemed to be recovering from his migraine. More specifically, the Magnemite's single eye began to assess the potency of Zeus' muscular system, the exact methods of the increases in power of the Round Mouse's attacks, and how to artificially replicate the effects. Finally, North Pole succeeded in "downloading" the effects of all of Zeus' Work Ups, resulting in a drastic increase in its own offensive abilities. It returned its scanners to the opponents at hand, to continue to analyze them, when it caught sight of œ, leaning back and clapping, clearly directed at North Pole. Its magnets moving mechanically, North Pole considered the strange bevahior of the Poliwag. As best as it could figure, œ was applauding its power gain, admiring it in some way. North Pole's pride chips flared up; to impress the Tadpole Pokemon, the Magnemite continued to scan the simple Bidoof, who remained oblivious to this spectacle, doing his best to impress œ on his own by flexing his rippling muscles and fine-tuning his mental skills until both of his offensive abilities threatened to collapse his entire mind and body. œ, however, seemed less impressed by this, or rather, more interested in North Pole; Zeus sighed and abandoned the effort.

Slimer clung onto Pinch and concentrated on condensing his cells to decrease his size and attempt to conceal himself on Pinch's body. Though he managed the former, Slimer was still about a foot and a half tall, and plainly visible on the Ninjask's body, though not quite as cumbersome. Pinch breathed out a sharp sigh of relief and flew up to batter her opponents with an Air Cutter once more. Slimer was not quite as affected as before, though he now found himself nearly thrown off of Pinch; Zeus managed to slide himself between two currents of air, avoiding the attack completely, while North Pole continued to analyze his performance, not at all noticing the wind striking his plated body.

Fluffy cast her mind back into the past, remembering the tidal wave œ had summoned the previous round and considering the exact methods by which it was created. She quickly commits it to memory just as œ summons another tsunami, drenching all of the battlers in addition to the rain. North Pole continues to download the powerups from Zeus as the Bidoof retaliates, conjuring a shadowy mass in front of it and firing it at Fluffy. The Misdreavus cries out as its own type is turned against it, boosted by Zeus's mental workouts and blazing with more pain than Fluffy had ever experienced before. Slimer chuckles slowly as it condenses its slime once more, this time finding a comfortable place to hold on to near the base of Pinch's right wings. Pinch narrows its eyes at Zeus, flies up to the same position as before but this time flaps its wings at maximum speed, producing waves of sonic disturbance that only a Bug Type could produce. Slimer grinced at being so close to the accursed Bug attack, but was unaffected, instead watching as Zeus scrunched its face up again as its ear drums threatened to rupture.

Fluffy tested its newfound by hovering lower to the surface, feeling the churning of the ocean and trying to control it. Spending a little more energy than œ, she summoned another enormous wave, which came crashing down the same as the rest. North Pole, Slimer and Zeus shook off the most of the water, muttering irritably, only to be washed over by another wave summoned by œ. North Pole is nearly plowed into the water by this, while Zeus is finished; the Bidoof's arms and legs give out, and he falls unconscious, rolling onto his back in the water. Chief Zackrai recalls him, as North Pole's systems encounter an anomaly; it has been temporarily programmed to continue analyzing Zeus, but Zeus is nowhere to be found. Sparking once or twice, the Magnet Pokemon's systems reverted to its default setting, and it resumed scanning of the opponents. Slimer giggled again, then let out an earsplitting Screech. Pinch's sensitive ears seared with pain as it convulsed in midair.

A low rumbling deep beneath the water caused each Pokemon to brace itself for another attack, but none came.

ROUND 2 TERMINA

TEAM CHIEF ZACKRAI
OOO
Grimer
Slimer (Male)
Health: 9% (CAPPED)
Energy: 84%

Bidoof
Zeus (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 79%

Magnemite
North Pole (Unknown)
Health: 16%
Energy: 66%

TEAM SRESERVOIROOO
Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Health: 87%
Energy: 68%

Ninjask
Pinch (Female)
Energy: 76%

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Health: 99%
Energy: 65%
Item: Dawn Stone​

Calculations
Air Cutter- 3% energy, 7% damage on Bidoof, 12% damage on Grimer (critical), 3% damage on Magnemite
Heal Bell- 7% energy
Psych Up- 6% energy
Encore- 4% energy
Work Up- 3% energy
Minimize- 4% energy

Air Cutter- 3% energy, missed Bidoof, 7% damage on Grimer, 3% damage on Magnemite
Mimic- 6% energy
Surf- 7% energy, 14% damage (9% heal)
Psych Up- 6% energy
Shadow Ball- 12% energy, 31% damage (critical)
Minimize- 4% energy

Bug Buzz- 6% energy, 12% damage
Surf- 7% energy, 9% damage (9% heal)
Surf- 7% energy, 14% damage (9% heal)
Screech- 2% energy

Notes
-Air Cutter was a critical hit on Grimer on the first action.
-I increased the Crit chance on Grimer for Air Cutter since it was latched onto the Pokemon attacking. Didn't make a difference, would've critted anyway.
-Heal Bell cured Zeus' confusion.
-Shadow Ball was a critical hit.
-Struggle didn't make sense to me on the last action, given the circumstances, so North Pole did nothing.
-Zackrai's screwed.
-sreservoir attacks next.

nah, you're just insufficiently paranoid! you didn't even fill up a whole page for commands when you went first!

okay, so only the first action is likely to actually happen; grimer is slow, magnemite is slow, and neither has dangerous priority moves.

but we can waste afford to energy in huge amount, right?

Pinch: double-edge that grimer on you. if that wouldn't work, hyper beam it. if that still wouldn't work, uproar.

double-edge @ grimer / hyper beam @ grimer / uproar

Fluffy: THUNDER whenever applicable, but it won't be applicable, because 85 speed is too slow.

thunder @ grimer / thunder @ magnemite x 3

œ: surf x 3.

ed:
I'm definitely putting him up for the strategy award when the next awards come around.

for paranoia, role play shenanigans, or rigging the arena?

if the battle is over by then. although I suppose with the orders I gave, it should always be applicable; the only contrary situation is if surf scores a critical hit on the magnemite.

ROUND 2 TERMINA

TEAM CHIEF ZACKRAI
OOO
Grimer
Slimer (Male)
Health: 9% (CAPPED)

Bidoof
Zeus (Male)
Energy: 79%

Magnemite
North Pole (Unknown)
Health: 16%

TEAM SRESERVOIROOO
Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Health: 87%
Energy: 68%

Ninjask
Pinch (Female)
Energy: 76%

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Energy: 65%

Pinch stopped zipping back and forth, drawing in a breath that filled her lungs. Thrashing about wildly, she screamed as loud as she could, adding to the cacophany the shrill buzzing of her wings. Slimer screwed up his eyes in concentration, then gave a low, slow cry of agony and fell off of the Ninjask, slipping to unconsciousness as his body expanded to its natural size. Chief Zackrai turned beet red and shook his head as he recalled his second Pokemon.

Fluffy turned away from this boisterous spectacle to raise her gaze to the sky; exhaling slightly, she sent a tiny spark of light upwards into the clouds, where it disappeared for a moment or two. Suddenly, the clouds rumbled and flashed in response, and a massive bolt of lightning split the sky in two, striking North Pole square in the eye. Electricity coursed through the Magnemite's body as its magnets spasmed and jerked around uncontrollably, though it righted itself and floated back to a more central position after the attack. It began to charge power for its own attack, but was distracted by the sight of yet another mammoth wall of ocean heading its way. As the wave came crashing down upon North Pole, its computer systems shut down and reverted to their default function of keeping the Magnemite hovering. Chief Zackrai hung his head in shame as he recalled his third and final Pokemon and admitted defeat, as sreservoir smirked as if he had been expecting this the whole time.

ROUND 2 TERMINA

TEAM CHIEF ZACKRAI
OOO
Grimer
Slimer (Male)

Magnemite
North Pole (Unknown)

TEAM SRESERVOIROOO
Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Health: 96%
Energy: 60%

Ninjask
Pinch (Female)
Energy: 70%

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Energy: 58%

Calculations
Uproar: 6% energy, 10% damage
Thunder: 8% energy, 9% damage
Surf: 7% energy, 14% damage (9% heal)

Notes
-Uproar was enough to take out Slimer.
-No crits, etc.
-I feel like this is a conspiracy for sreservoir to harvest rare candies.
-res is the winner, clearly.

So that's 1 EXP to Zeus, 1 EXP to North Pole, 1 EXP to Slimer, 4 EXP to œ, 4 EXP to Pinch, and 4 EXP to Fluffy.

Also Chief Zackrai gets $9, res gets $24, and I get $15, which comes out to a nice $30 for me for this round.

Good match guys.

Because sreservoir was obviously rigging this battle as an EXP-farm, it enjoys the great honor of being the first person to use the new EXP prize rules for multiple battles, under which Pinch and œ would get 2 EXP and Fluffy would get 3. I'm withholding an extra EXP from each for general bastardry, bringing the final total to 1 EXP for both Pinch and œ, two for Fluffy, and half the normal cash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom