• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Past Self

hi younger me.
stop being so clingy and yandere, try being cuter and more innocent. work harder in math, grow your hair, you need glasses, try smiling and talking to people you meet, or you seem like rude little cynical sh*t, get on facebook, those people are going to help you through a hell of a lot. when mum and dad break up you'll be fine. just be cute and quiet and you'll be good. your pretty much the same. you like all the same things and become a huge fan of cardcaptor sakura. stay with desiree, no matter how much she annoys you at times. you will love her a lot latter. getting mice is not a good idea.
love, future you.

I find it a bit funny how in the posts so far, the present selves swear while the past selves don't at all.

[I don't remember when it is]

Me: Umm... Hello.
Past me: Hello. How did you get here?
Me: I know how strange it sounds, but I am an older version of you. I think I already see the similarity.
Past me: I think I see it too. Won't interacting with me change your timeline?
Me: I think I will return to my own, but yours will turn in a different direction.
Past me: That's not how it works in Star Trek.
Me: It isn't but it makes sense. By the way, have you already seen the twelfth episode of the first season of Voyager?
Past me: That's the Beowulf one! And we saw the eleventh episode after it. I don't understand why [my brother's name] hid under that desk. There was nothing scary!
Me: And... You haven't seen the Beowulf movie yet?
Past me: So there is a Beowulf movie? *hopeful smile* Have you seen it?
Me: I've only seen the beginnning. I ran away. I know you are curious about the monster, but it's nothing to look forward to. That might have been when I realized that there can be humanoid monsters. That aren't animal-based, like King Kong. And they are the worst. A monster that is based on an animal, or several animals, or a plant, or something inanimate, like a heap of slime, or a robot, can qualify as a monster just by being unusually big or looking very strange, but it can even be beautiful. But if a humanoid is supposed to be a monster, it must be bigger than those disfigured humanoids from Star Trek, and uglier than them. If it's not ugly, it's just a giant, and if it's not big, it's just a zombie.
Past me: Uglier than the one from that ENT episode? I can't imagine it.
Me: That's only good for you. Oh, and I watch DS9.
Past me: Really? I thought it was unavailable.
Me: [my brother's name] found it somewhere.
Past me: That's great!
Me: I think I should go now. I know I will return to the exact time when I left, but I'm leaving anyway.
Past me: *puts her right hand in the correct position* Live long and prosper.
Me: *makes the same hand sign* You too. *leaves.*

(I actually performed the full version of the Vulcan salute to my favorite teacher when I was leaving that school, and he answered with "you too" as well, and my future self would surely qualify as someone special who understands me that I probably won't meet again, so it seems to be in character. I was a huge Star Trek fan back then)

Back
Top Bottom