• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Muse

Altmer

Banned
this is a thread for indie/alt rock fags who are not snobs enough to listen to these guys. basically, that's me, and a bunch of other people who aren't alt/indie fags. I doubt anyone here hasn't heard of Muse, or you've been living under a fucking rock. so, discuss

a) matt bellamy's smelly feet
b) chris going bald
c) alien conspiracies
d) whether butterflies and hurricanes really is a rachmaninoff ripoff
e) the juicy riffs on stockholm syndrome
f) black holes and revelations
g) YOUR favourite Muse album
h) that cool bass distortion
i) Italian women
j) anything else I forgot to mention and you feel belongs in a Muse thread

oh and in before AK says these guys are too commercial, suck, and do not have a female vocalist

mainly because Matt sings falsetto so much it's half girly!

if muse were a vagina I would sex it up all day

I only have black holes and revelations and a single of hysteria though :( need moar, what do you recommend

Muse are awesome.

That's pretty much all I have to say :O

My brother has Black Holes and Revelations and Absolution so I just took them off him

if muse were a vagina I would sex it up all day

I only have black holes and revelations and a single of hysteria though :( need moar, what do you recommend

absolution, absolutely

i like origin and showbiz okay but absolution is the best

Muse were my favourite band for about year before I got into metal. These days I don't listen to them that much tbh (maybe I'll put an album on of theirs every couple of weeks or so, whereas before I'd listen to like two of theirs every day lol) but they're still a very good band, one of the few bands that justify all the hype the mainstream press gives out. They're also rather good live :D

lol, I don't think they suck at all, I think they are quite talented. just not my cup of tea. i can see where people adore them though

imho Muse would be better if they weren't essentially a watered-down version of Radiohead. But that doesn't stop me from loving them, especially Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Map of the Problematique.

if we're talking origin I agree but tbh the last two albums don't really have so much to do with radiohead. on the newer albums you can definitely hear a "Muse" sound

I guess all I have is In Rainbows but if that's any indication of their music I'm not really going to bother trying the rest

I adore every single track on In Rainbows

that's more than I can say for any other Radiohead album... really, any other album by any band

Some guy in my old Physics class kept making me listen to OK Computer, and the hatred grew with every listen. lol slight exaggeration there. but basically don't like Radiohead.

anyway Muse

did anyone else here go to the Wembley Stadium gigs?

Back
Top Bottom