• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

BDD

Alexi

The Religion section is now a joke
Body Dysmorphic Disorder: The obsession with one's physical flaws. This includes anorexia, bulimia, muscle dysmorphia (bigorexia) and OCD.

Discuss~

So, it doesn't include seeing flaws in other people?

I don't really care because I don't look at myself that often.

You mean like when you hate humans (like yourself) because of their physical flaws? Well, golly gee, I might be even MORE messed up than I thought.

You mean like when you hate humans (like yourself) because of their physical flaws?

Um...Not sure what you mean here. Generally BDD involves your own body. And it's to the extremes, like one will diet or exercise eccessively or turn to surgery multiple times to "correct" a perceived flaw.

BDD is where you are freaked out about yourself because you think something is wrong, and it can be pretty extreme.

I think conditions like anorexia need to stop being categorized as "women's illnesses".

And more people need to realize that bulimia in particular isn't something someone can help. Yes, you can see that the person's wasting away, but it's the condition that's stopping them from seeing it, too. And until they do, they can't help purging.

Eating disorders are horrendous things. ):

*ahem...* About 10-15% of men are anorexic, more are bulimic. Muscle dysmorphia, also known as Bigorexia, is more common in men, but can also occur in women.

Unfortunately I didn't catch it, but BBC did a documentary on boys with anorexia. I'll try and find it on Youtube or something.

Pretty much everywhere. I hate my nose, eyes, chin, cheeks, skin, penis, torso, hairline, arms, thighs... pretty much everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom