• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cooking

Can you cook?

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No, I'm a master microwaver cooker microwaver important person of microwavers extreme!

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
I cook whatever my mom has already cooked and then frozen. :D

Naw, but seriously, I am not interested in cookery at all. Simple foods are just as tasty imo and I am a simply person when it comes to... taste-buds... as long as there's no meat or what-not, I'm good. Like, p/b sandwich, yay! Awesome. That's all I need, so why bother cooking?

i cook pretty well. mostly stuff that's fast to make and easy to eat. most stuff i cook ends up tasting pretty good.

I could cook if I was given a book to help me. But other than that I am only good at making cakes.

I suppose its lucky my boyfriend can cook. :3

I can follow a recipe. If someone gives me a recipe and tells me to follow it, I can do that. However, I cannot improvise.

I could make just about anything, given decent instructions and proper ingredients. But mostly I make sammiches and other microwaved goodies.

I am an adequate cook, able to make fairly simple things like smoothies and pasta. I am an expert at pancakes--my dad taught me those when I was what, three? I won't have anything to do with meat, though. Tastes like piss and unnerves me in raw form.

There is some hope for me becoming a better cook as both of my parents are excellent cooks, especially my mom. She makes particularly good desserts.

If I have the ingredients and some sort of idea, I can cook some pretty good stuff. I can do steak, cream of mushroom porkchops, grilled cheese and tomato soup, mac n cheese, healthy top ramen, eggs and bacon, pancakes, spaghetti, hamburger helper (and anything else out of a box with instructions), cheesy rice, pad thai, baked chicken something, and a bunch of other things. I'm sure that I'll survive with my cooking skills just fine. (Though I wish that my high school actually had a home ec class where I could learn some of these things properly instead of having to figure out half of it by myself!)

Basically at my mom's house, I have to cook on almost every day that mom has work. Tuesday nights are usually hamburger helper nights which has gotten extremely monotonous and boring for me since I have to cook it.

The only things I can actually cook are omelets, enchiladas, and grilled-cheese sandwiches. Other than that, my mother cooks for me. But my grandmother does teach me how to cook sometimes whenever I visit her.

Eh, I eat a lot of fruits/veggies! Makes up for the rest of the crap I eat. :p

This, very much this. (Well, fruit anyway.)

I can cook ramen noodles. Everything else...to the microwave!

But usually I just eat fruit or cereal (which, by the way, is perfect for ALL times of day).

If I have the ingredients and some sort of idea, I can cook some pretty good stuff. I can do steak, cream of mushroom porkchops, grilled cheese and tomato soup, mac n cheese, healthy top ramen, eggs and bacon, pancakes, spaghetti, hamburger helper (and anything else out of a box with instructions), cheesy rice, pad thai, baked chicken something, and a bunch of other things. I'm sure that I'll survive with my cooking skills just fine. (Though I wish that my high school actually had a home ec class where I could learn some of these things properly instead of having to figure out half of it by myself!)

Basically at my mom's house, I have to cook on almost every day that mom has work. Tuesday nights are usually hamburger helper nights which has gotten extremely monotonous and boring for me since I have to cook it.

You do realise that even if you cook like that, a lot of it is prefab ingredients where you usually just have to boil water and mix the stuff, right? Part of the fun is buying fresh ingredients, cutting them up, etc. I try not to use a lot of the sachets, packages, and prepackaged things. Sometimes I do anyway because prepackaged can be decent quality sometimes, but it's usually better if you get fresh meat and vegetables.

My "cooking" involves horrible recreations of Castle Bravo or the Tsar Bomba tests in the kitchen, however the microwave appears to be rather tolerant of me (when in possession of a spear and baring fangs).

I do enjoy cooking :3
I like to throw stuff together that I imagine tastes great and then seeing what comes out. Works about 75% of the time.

Unless I'm frying something, because hot oil is naturally attracted to my bare skin.

My cooking skills are lacking lacking lacking, but I do know enough to NOT EVER USE A FUCKING MICROWAVE. They are good for pretty much nothing.

IDK MY BFF TOASTER OVENS???

My cooking skills are lacking lacking lacking, but I do know enough to NOT EVER USE A FUCKING MICROWAVE. They are good for pretty much nothing.

IDK MY BFF TOASTER OVENS???

This! But with more ability to make pancakes and french toast. Mmm. <3

I made a really neat paella today, with chicken, chorizo, garlic, paprika, tomatoes, peas...

Beat that

Man, I made a fucking awesome sauce for my chicken today. It was so nice. It had like, some tomato passata and then some finely chopped onions and a yellow and green pepper and some grated carrots. I added a dash of lemon juice, some Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme and oregano and some other stuff, and it was delicious.

<3

Back
Top Bottom