• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] An idea...

I thought that when Rotom was in a different forme he retains his Original tpying. I might be misguided here, but isn't Rotm an Uber, also?

No, Rotom isn't an Uber.

Yeah, well, that seems to be my specialty. I wasn't trying to Actually I was trying to, but I figured it would be more practical, if I didn't have to think about that extra bit of damage for every pokemon that isn't. :/

That's what most people think about Sandstorm and Hail teams, and that's whey end up with a lot of problems.

Normally I would have Hyper Cutter, too, but since it's a sandstorm team, I feel like Sand Veil would be more useful, as there is likely to be a sandstorm going on. But.

Honestly, I've tried running Gliscor with Roost. Wasn't entirely impressed. First, unless an Ice-type is thrown out, or a pokemon that knows an Ice-type move, he's solid enough no to need it.

If you use the set I suggested, Hyper cutter prevents your boosts being reduced by things like intimidate.

Honestly, I've tried Tyranitar before, and I found he is horrendously frail (even when it was under Trick Room and faster {i.e. slower than} than my opponent). Anything with Mach Punch, or even Brick Break can run right up to him and be like "Good Game, lol", Especially becuse he isn't incredibly fast (Hippowdon says "hi", I know). And I think Hippowdon is supposed to be a wall more than a brawler, which is why I was thinking about running Crunch as well, because practically, with just Earthquake, I get about ten attacks before I go either healing every turn or using Sr every turn, while I wait for him to be eliminated (which I suppose isn't necessarily a such bad thing, but).

You're not supposed to leave Tyranitar in on Fighting attacks. That's like leaving Scizor in on an obvious Fire Blast. And it is in no way frail, try using this set:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SpD or 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd) / Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def) / Naive Nature (+Spd, -SpD)
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / SuperPower

I seriously thought about doing this at first, too. Not really sure why I don't at this point.

but...but...but... what sresservoir said.

If I want to outspeed things with it, why would I reduce my Cradily's speed? Sure Curse get additional Attack and Defense, but at the cost of speed, one of the major stats of Competitive Battling.

Because even with speed boosts, you outspeed only terribly slow things...plus scarfers (hell, even some things non scarfed like Deoxys-S)still outspeed you and have the ability to OHKO. With storm drain you can easily be Hazed or Roared out. Careful benifits your special defense with the sandstorm, and curse just makes a behemoth harder to kill..and gee, speed doesnt really matter. Conkeldurr is one of the biggest threats in the game and its slow as hell.

Marrowak isn't even on the team anymore! And I also intended to pass speed to him, sorry if you missed that bit.

I missed this point, sorry.

Omastar has the most Sp. Attack of any non-uber water type pokemon, and this includes Vaporeon and Gorebyss. I don't mind so much that Omastar is outsped by just about all of them, becuase I have plans for timid with Speed Evs. I am at this point also considering putting some into Sp. def or Hp.

1. Vaporen has Cheer up, making it better.
2. Gorebyss has Shell Smash, making it better.
These are things you have to look at, plus even with timid and max speed you fail to outspeed ANYTHING that poses a threat to you, bar things like Conkeldurr and Machamp, but they are even bulky enough to take your hit and OHKO you.

Again, why are you talking about pokemon I have decided to scratch from the team? And besides, Camerupt eats Scizors for Breakfast.

Same with Marowak, missed it. However, No one is going to keep a Scizor in on something that would Obviously beat it...

Comments in bold.

I know Sandstorm isn't a bunch of damage, but I find it to get annoying after a while.

really? s I find this to be strange as it really only has one practical application.

That's what I would normally do when an Ice-type pokemon is put in, but I was making a point.

I know SR fails after the first use, my point was unless I wanted to heal every turn, or perhaps spam Roar, that would be my only option. The only reason I did leave it out against a pokemon with a fighting-type move is because I didn't expect it. And also he was taken out fairly quickly with a grass attack, and a water attack in other games I played with it.

Ninjask/Cradily was the original point of the team! Mumblegrumble...

So wait... I thought the two most common types would be Ice and Fighting. I know fighting is one of them... what's the other? Oh wait, ground. never mind.

Maybe I'll use Rotom-H. Probably I'll use Rotom-H. Throw in some really random moves for it (you know, the ones I'm missing for coverage).

Leftovers Cancels it out on anything that doesn't resist it..its not really even an issue unless your name is Shedinja.

Heat is mainly used for things like Scizor and Heatran. Wash Counters Scizor as well, but is mainly used for Gyarados.

Again, you left in in on an attack its weak to, what did you expect it to do? Take a Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm? You are supposed to switch it out when something that is intended to beat it switches in...

the standard Rotom - H is

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid / Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt / Volt Change
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

With tyranitar, it was always one of those pokemon that there isn't really a wrong way to run it, and they had really unexpected moves. (not Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm, but still) and I had a type advantage over these opponents. (I think one of them was Gyarados, and I knew Thunderpunch, and the other was like, a grass pokemon, and I knew both Ice Punch and Fire Punch, so.)

..You don't have a type advantage over Gyarados, but regardless..

You have to be aware of the standard sets for other pokemon.. Gyarados beats you with Waterfall anyway, but it also carries Earthquke for electric types. Though why in the world would they Earthquake you when Waterfall does more.

Type advantage has nothing to do with the type of moves you have. It deals with your pokemon's actual type and what it's weak to.

Back
Top Bottom