• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Philosophical Thoughts

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?

Okay, actual philosophy! What do you guys think about moral relativism?

It may be possible that the subjectivity of morality between societies is simply related to the progress of philosophical thought in the individual societies themselves? But in such a case one may note that the standards to actually "measure" the progress of a society's philosophical thought would be subjective in themselves due to varying comparisons with the philosophical thought of the measurer in question.

What language do deaf people think in?

Whatever language they're most familiar with, assumedly. I'm half-deaf and I think in English, and I can't imagine it being much different for anyone fully-deaf. After all, deaf people are perfectly capable of understanding grammar and language, even if they don't *hear* it.

Fluttershy ♥;485839 said:
Whatever language they're most familiar with, assumedly. I'm half-deaf and I think in English, and I can't imagine it being much different for anyone fully-deaf. After all, deaf people are perfectly capable of understanding grammar and language, even if they don't *hear* it.

But would you hear English? Being able to read English doesn't mean you know how it sounds.

I have a weird one.

If somehow you went back in time and while you were there, your birthday passed, would you technically age? I mean, your body would probably still age, but would you actually be turning the age you would be?

I have a weird one.

If somehow you went back in time and while you were there, your birthday passed, would you technically age? I mean, your body would probably still age, but would you actually be turning the age you would be?

Why would it matter if your birthday passed? So long as enough time passed that you'd have reached your next birthday had you not gone back in time, then yes? But obviously not if you went back in time two days the day after your birthday (do not collect $200).

What I mean is...if you travelled a few years back and and during that stay in that time, you had a birthday in that time.

Well, thanks for the help anyway...(Knew I'd confused myself by asking this question x3)

Back
Top Bottom