• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Worst Fears

When it comes to nonexistent things that scare me, it's probably zombies and similar things (I don't mean the Borg, but if someone is disfigured because of radiation or something, I cover my eyes).

I have stupid fears. I'm scared of zombie movies and glitches in pokemon. Seriously, i'm looking behind me for missingno as i type this. And i'm not even much of a gamer!
Also, heights to a certain extent. And spiders.
The really weird thing is, if i'm scared, thinking of ghost pokemon makes me feel better.
<edit>
I actually feel much bettter now. Thanks, for starting this thread.

Last edited:
What's wrong with me? I'm going to be perfectly honest; I have almost no fear I can speak of this moment. Spiders used to freak me out, until I actually considered what it would be like to be in their position. Now, I think they're kind off cute. Same goes for most bugs, especially moths. (Some are prettier than Butterflies!) I'm not afraid of the dark, nor most wild animals. Obviously, if I see a crazed, meth-addicted gunman who's shooting at me, I'm going to get the hell out of there. Same goes for some animals, but most animals (Sharks, bears, wolves,etc,etc) are pretty much "Fuck with me, and your a dead human. Leave me be, and you'll live."
But then again, this is coming from the person who can hike miles into a forest (No gun allowed), so nature as a whole doesn't really affect me. On the contrary, I respect most creatures right to have personal space.
Oh, wait, I just realized: I have a fear, Ballistophobia, meaning I hate, hate, hate bulltes and missles. It's not the fact that they can kill me. It's the fact that they can desimate Cties and even Nations in one go.

This isnt MY fear, but somepeople i know are FREAKED OUT about mice. I mean, mice are cute. Rats carry diseases, but mice are cute. I dont see how some people can hate mice.

My worst fear is probably the fear of failing. I'm a very, very, very perfect perfectionist. I have to have everything exactly right.
So if it isn't perfect, I'm not very happy.
And I always worry about what people think of my work, writing and personality out of fear that I'm not perfect enough to be with/be like everyone else.
However, I'm gonna make up a new word today: Selected Perfectionism. Whatever that is, I have it. I am only a perfectionist on what I like. So school work is out of my selection.
So my fear in one word? Failing.

My worst fear is probably the fear of failing. I'm a very, very, very perfect perfectionist. I have to have everything exactly right.
So if it isn't perfect, I'm not very happy.
And I always worry about what people think of my work, writing and personality out of fear that I'm not perfect enough to be with/be like everyone else.
However, I'm gonna make up a new word today: Selected Perfectionism. Whatever that is, I have it. I am only a perfectionist on what I like. So school work is out of my selection.
So my fear in one word? Failing.

^I have both of these

I am very meticulous when writing. But writing, i mean spelling my words out. When my words dont look right to me, i erase the entire word. You may think this takes a while, but ironiclly, being an avid writer, i write hastily, despite erasing every second. O.O

I always want to get straight A's in school. Today, i got my grades (but i have a week to make them better before they're final) and i got a C+ in science, cause i forgot to turn in some work. I literally fell to the floor after seeing that and franticlly looked for my missing work. I hate failing, like ulqi-chan.

Despite the fact I'm not very school-intended, I have made straight A's ever since I started getting grades. It wasn't very much work, seeing that I'm AWESOME, but hey, I kinda worry about my grades every once and a while. B's aren't my good friends.

I agree! Tommorow, i will turn in not turned in work, cause i'm afraid of B's, XD!

But no, i'm also afraid of failing!

I have a pretty bad fear of loss. Like, emotional or loss of a person that was close to me. I usually get over it pretty quick though. :/

Talking on the phone is another one for me. I don't know what it is about it that scares me; even when it's a family member or close friend I'm talking to, I'll still get tense and nervous. It's even worse when I have to call a stranger for whatever reason.

This, very much. I don't understand my own nervousness on the phone, since I've never received any nasty news via phone or anything else that might cause traumas. I just get sorta freaked out every time my phone rings/I have to call someone.

One of my worse fears may be that something that should not happen, happens. And I'm talking about something strange, like every other human suddendly disappearing or the ground turning transparent or something. I remember thinking about the 'everyone else disappearing' thing a lot when I was a kid, glad it's not that much on my mind anymore.

I know it's probably pretty dumb to even think about things like this, because they most likely aren't gonna happen, but then again, we don't know everything about this universe yet. I guess this is some form of the basic human fear of unknown. :U

I hate using phones too :(
It just feels SO AWKWARD when you're talking to them.

Plus, when it rings my brain automatically jumps to the conclusion it's the police telling me someone died or that they're cutting off our electricity/internet/water/gas because we've broken the law or something
And every time I have to be the one dialling, I'm really obsessive about getting the number right. Even if I select a contact out of an address book that I've already rang from that phone, so I know it's the right number, I'm terrified that I'm ringing the wrong person.

Bosses... Seriously. Anyone who is my boss or higher up than me, scares the living shit out of me. They can be the nicest person ever, and my heart almost stops every time I see them walk in. Thing is I am a good employee, and my boss and I get along very well, but SHIT he scares me. No idea why.

Bosses... Seriously. Anyone who is my boss or higher up than me, scares the living shit out of me. They can be the nicest person ever, and my heart almost stops every time I see them walk in. Thing is I am a good employee, and my boss and I get along very well, but SHIT he scares me. No idea why.
Same. A pretty common fear I suppose, especially when you're just starting out.

Back
Top Bottom