• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

I think it's probably just Flora (their not voting RNP today looks really bad), but by all means hit me with your Butterfree/RNP thoughts.
Yeah, once RedneckPhoenix flips, I expect that that'll leave a lot of egg on both their and Butterfree's faces. Both are plausible scumteams.

I'd like to start by pointing to a D1 post where Butterfree discusses RedneckPhoenix... as in, there are absolutely none. You'd think that one of the lynch candidates would draw more discussory attention, but the name only ever comes up in her posts when she's pointing out that I was at that point voting for him, as part of an explanation on why someone else might be scum. At that point, she's a lot more focused on pushing either myself or Eifie -- which, in this scenario, would mean she was trying to take advantage of an intra-town bash. It's worth noting that she stays on "it's either MF or Eifie" even after the two of us have long moved on from each other as primary FoS.

Come D2, she does talk about RedneckPhoenix -- first, to go "oh yeah, he sounds super scummy right now, but he does that everygame doesn't he", and every single time thereafter, in dismissive tones because she introduces the MF/ILS theory immediately after RedneckPhoenix's super suspicious ILS vote and stays tunneled on from then until now.

All in all, it gives me the sense that she really wants us to pay attention to things other than RedneckPhoenix being scummy.

Oh, we do have a counterclaim, and while I was typing that huge post no less. Time to weigh which of the two is scummier.

(and that primarily means pondering ILS's scumminess seeing as I just went through Butterfree's)

Yeah, with this counterclaim, I don't actually trust ILS's claim any farther than I can throw it. Healing DarkAura on N1 seems like crapshoot with more talkative and town-looking players abound, but it sure is a safe target to claim if you're scum and not trying put your money where your mouth is on any other given player being innocent.

Yeah, with this counterclaim, I don't actually trust ILS's claim any farther than I can throw it. Healing DarkAura on N1 seems like crapshoot with more talkative and town-looking players abound, but it sure is a safe target to claim if you're scum and not trying put your money where your mouth is on any other given player being innocent.

Who do you think his partner is?

(Actually am leaving now bye)

Although I also have no mcfreakin idea who ILS's partner is in that scenario, hmmm. Like, it's not me, it's probably not Flora either because she could've won the game by just not pushing for him in that case, it's probably not Butterfree either because, even if it's possible for both claim and counterclaim to be false, it's vulnerable to either a third counterclaim or how suspicious it'd be if Butterfree were to not turn up dead in the night following...

Is there any chance that it's been Eifie this entire time? Because I swear to freaking god...

it's magnificent, I am now on ninja'd level: being ninja'd to being prompted on posting about what I'm posting about instead of reading the post that is prompting me to post about what I'm posting

Oh yeah, it could theorically still be RedneckPhoenix, despite their interactions largely not seeming to be, ahem, w/w. Regardless, I am very puzzled now.

First off, sorry for the sudden claim at the end of the day-- was working on a school project, lost track of time, and noticed it was ten minutes til death, so I simply had to. That said, I don't think there's really much I can say to turn the tide here. Pretty much the only thing I can say is that she was the one who pointed out in #127 about the mafia possibly picking up on DA being the cop.

I've been suspecting Butterfree since she dismissed the initial RNP vote, which was really weird to just... ignore. At any rate-- Well played, Butterfree! Your fake-townness was a successful ploy.

So like, are you planning on explaining why we should buy whatsoever that a doctor would have wanted to target DarkAura on N1, or...?

Oh, screw it. RedneckPhoenix is likely to be the scumbuddy no matter who's the doctor and who's the liar.

I doubt anyone's coming along with me, and when they don't, we're screwed either way because we're either lynching the wrong one today or lynching me at the next MyLo, and both of those are game over. I can think of positively nothing to do about that though, alas. Being at constant MyLo is just that rough of a setup.

(if it's any help for the rest of town, though, consider that lynching RedneckPhoenix is the only scenario where the remaining scum can't safely kill the doctor and has to contend with whoever else they try to kill being healed. wouldn't that be hilarious?)

So like, are you planning on explaining why we should buy whatsoever that a doctor would have wanted to target DarkAura on N1, or...?

On D1 I wasn't sure of either you or Eifie, so it was a tossup between Butterfree, RNP, and DA. In the exchange between DA and RNP (starting at #92), RNP began seeming more and more scummy, and DA's push for him made me think that, if RNP was indeed mafia, he'd go for DA.

I'd like to start by pointing to a D1 post where Butterfree discusses RedneckPhoenix... as in, there are absolutely none. You'd think that one of the lynch candidates would draw more discussory attention, but the name only ever comes up in her posts when she's pointing out that I was at that point voting for him, as part of an explanation on why someone else might be scum. At that point, she's a lot more focused on pushing either myself or Eifie -- which, in this scenario, would mean she was trying to take advantage of an intra-town bash. It's worth noting that she stays on "it's either MF or Eifie" even after the two of us have long moved on from each other as primary FoS.

Come D2, she does talk about RedneckPhoenix -- first, to go "oh yeah, he sounds super scummy right now, but he does that everygame doesn't he", and every single time thereafter, in dismissive tones because she introduces the MF/ILS theory immediately after RedneckPhoenix's super suspicious ILS vote and stays tunneled on from then until now.

All in all, it gives me the sense that she really wants us to pay attention to things other than RedneckPhoenix being scummy.
I admit it was probably a mistake not to give RNP more consideration after you voted for him on D1. The exchange between the two of you obviously grabbed a lot of attention, and both of you were pinging me a little, so I was focused on you and the assumption one of you was probably scum. The behaviour you pointed out from RNP when you voted struck me as a legitimate reason you might genuinely find him suspect and want to vote for him, but also as relatively typical RNP even if he were town, so it didn't jump out at me while I was squinting hard at you and Eifie trying to decide which of you I believed.

Obviously, I ended up voting Eifie, and then Eifie responded and brought up DarkAura and I responded to that, and all in all your case on RNP kind of got lost there for me. Then as luck would have it I simply wasn't there for the whole last chunk of the day (or rather, I managed to start catching up at one point but then abruptly had to leave again before I could finish reading or post), hence why my vote stayed on Eifie even after she volunteered to be investigated. When I last posted on D1, you were still the only person voting RNP; he didn't become a serious lynch candidate until after that. (And if you think I'm lying about being away... really, wouldn't I want to comment in some manner or another if my mafia partner were one of the leading lynch candidates? I also believe I've mentioned having to catch up after the end of D1 before at some point.)

Today, yeah, I said RNP often comes across as scummy when he isn't so it was hard to tell for sure (something I think most people who play here often would agree on, I think). I was also still preoccupied with the maybe-mafia-guessed-DarkAura-was-the-cop theory I'd come up with, so I spent most of the post explaining that, plus probing Flora about their confusion with N0. Then Eifie presented her possible scumteam scenarios, I reread the thread with them in mind, and I was struck by how I didn't quite agree with her reasoning on you/ILS, started looking more closely at the two of you and found what I believed to be mafia synergy. And meanwhile, while RNP was by now acting increasingly suspect, the possible scumteam analysis (first presented by Eifie and not me, remember) made it harder to see how he'd fit into things. I probably would've voted for him at that point if I'd still been in the mindset of just looking for the most suspicious individual person, but with Eifie's analysis I was looking at possible teams, and even the most plausible one that I could see at that point (RNP/ILS) would have also involved ILS, so voting ILS over RNP was clearly the logical choice. From there, practically everything just made me lean more strongly towards you/ILS, and the only presented RNP scum partner that could've potentially made sense based on player interactions was Flora, who I just couldn't see being scum thanks to the confusion.

I know it all comes out as me just conveniently never voting RNP, which is unfortunate, but that's just how things ultimately worked out. I don't know what else to say.

I've been suspecting Butterfree since she dismissed the initial RNP vote, which was really weird to just... ignore. At any rate-- Well played, Butterfree! Your fake-townness was a successful ploy.

What initial RNP vote? The one MF made on D1? Because no one else was talking about that either until after I made my last post on D1 - all the discussion was pretty focused around MF, Eifie, me, and DarkAura. You're the one who brought up RNP again, but only after I was gone.

Any comment on the random accusation of a "sudden flip" on you when I'd been talking about you/MF as the scum team all day, while you posted several times?

Aghhhh, I'm going to have to take a bit of a break as well, at least for a few hours - I've got some stuff I need to finish that has gotten seriously derailed by this mafiaing all day. I'll answer if you have any questions.

(By which I mean that if you have any questions, you can post them and I will answer them sometime later, when I'm up for mafiaing again. Maybe later tonight, maybe tomorrow.)

What initial RNP vote? The one MF made on D1? Because no one else was talking about that either until after I made my last post on D1 - all the discussion was pretty focused around MF, Eifie, me, and DarkAura. You're the one who brought up RNP again, but only after I was gone.

I mean today's initial vote, which started at #121 with Eifie's vote for RNP.

Any comment on the random accusation of a "sudden flip" on you when I'd been talking about you/MF as the scum team all day, while you posted several times?

That was bad wording on my part; I'd seen the votes pile up throughout the day, but seeing them go 4-2 made me panic.

(still not really back yet, just some quick thoughts on my state of mind)

ILS has done nothing at all this game to make me think he's town, while Butterfree has done plenty and is in fact my only actual townread. Lurking and not claiming while we spent multiple hours today discussing whether the scum team is the pair with ILS in it or the pair without ILS in it is just. If he's actually town, he basically threw the game here. :/ Saying "I've been suspecting Butterfree since she dismissed the initial RNP vote" now that Butterfree has counterclaimed him when he gave literally no indication of this prior is not very believable, either.

Not sure whether his partner would be MF or RNP. RNP has noticeably peaced out of the thread since being accused, besides coming in for a brief second to drop a vote.

Back
Top Bottom