• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B2/W2] Mono-Poison (Pokemon Showdown)

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
(Copied and pasted from Smogon)

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Gengar is basically in here to destroy stuff. Mono-Water and Mono-Steel are probably the two biggest threats in the mono metagame, and Thunderbolt lands an SE on Water and neutral on Steel. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb land nice, chunky damage off that massive Special Attacks and STAB, and Giga Drain packs off Politoed and company.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 SAtk / 6 HP
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Giga Drain

Tentacruel serves a threefold role on this team: special sponge/spinner/Toxic Spiker. Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin really should explain themselves. Giga Drain helps with sustainability. Coupled with Leftovers, it gives Tentacruel more time to survive. Scald may lack in power, but as a primarily defensive Pokemon, the possible burn really helps Tentacruel's cause and wrecks physical sweepers.

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Toxicroak? Without rain? What the hell is this? Well, it's a physical sweeper. Ice Punch wrecks Mono-Dragon teams, and Gunk Shot lands heavy damage on lots of things thanks to STAB. Drain Punch destroys threats such as Tyranitar, and lands a decent hit on the likes of Ferrothorn. Earthquake gets good coverage and high damage, and Poison Touch is the ability because of the poison chance on Ice Punch and Drain Punch.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison

A fast physical sweeper, there isn't much that this Crobat can't hit. Brave Bird is a high-risk, high-reward move that lands really big damage on anything that doesn't resist it. Zen Headbutt's flinch chance is always nice, especially on such a fast Pokemon as Crobat. U-turn provides flexibility, and Cross Poison gets STAB, a high critical-hit chance, and a poison chance.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

A defensive Nidoqueen isn't common, but with respectable defensive splits of 90/87/85, a solid typing, and a strong defensive moveset, Nidoqueen, in my opinion, is a viable defensive option. I made her a physical wall, as Tentacruel and Roserade are already special sponges. Toxic/Protect is a classic defensive combo, and Stealth Rock is there because... well, because I don't have a Stealth Rocker, so I put it on Nidoqueen. Seismic Toss is Nidoqueen's means of damage should things start going awry.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 SAtk / 6 HP
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Another uncommon choice - a defensive Roserade. Paralysis is always good, hence Stun Spore. With a Stealth Rocker and Toxic Spiker, all that remains is a Spiker. Synthesis and Giga Drain help Roserade last. The Special Defense EV's and Calm Nature are there to make Roserade a special sponge. I know it isn't usual, but I think I might be onto something here.

Back
Top Bottom