• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

Well the most important things that has happened would be this:
Thrall left Orgrimmar and gave the role as Warchief of the Horde to Garrosh Hellscream, Gilneas is in ruins and most it's people have the curse of the worgen, Cairne Bloodhoof is dead and Baine Bloodhoof took the place as chieftain, the Darkspear Trolls have taken back Echo Isles, the Exodar crashed on Azeroth and the Draenei joined the Alliance, the Lich King Arthas is dead, and Bolvar Foredragon took his place to keep the Scourge in check, Varian Wrynn is back at Stormwind and the Goblins of Bilgewater Cartel, lead by Trade Prince Gallywix, joined the Horde.

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Your parents, for some reason, agreed to have to tested on while you were still in the womb. You have been genetically altered to be half Pokemon, half human. You have been born and raised in the lab, having to go through experiments and mutations since birth. But you want to escape. You want to meet your parents, you want to see the outside world.

You have escaped, and you are sneaking around a nearby city, hiding your Pokemon features and other characteristics. You have to find your real family, the one other than the one you grew up with in the lab.

Anybody up for it?

I like it, but maybe a fatal twist maybe? or some other reason to flee from the lab? Just saying, because it's cool as it is, but it's at more of a fetal stage, maybe how the parents got talked into the mutations, how you got out, how others are involved.

Just some things to think about.

I'd like to gauge interest in a pokéRP set ~50 years before the pokémon world's 'present', when Professor Oak was still a child and 'pokémon canisters' were cutting-edge. The players would be fighting off an evil team like Team rocket, maybe, but with a 1950s flavor.

@LiLiJANA - Just a heads up but that sounds like..really really cliche for a Pokemorph RP. like. Majorly. Not saying it won't be good, or that you shouldn't do it, but...it's boring, really. You need some spice to it. Something special about it that sets it apart from the herd.

@Blastoise - ....holyshit yes. Do it, do it. Do iiiit.

@Blastoise- I think you mean Apricots, not 'Pokemon Canisters'. And please enlighten us with details.

No, processed apricorns have been in use wfor hundreds of years. The canisters that
I'm referring to are these babies, seen in the Celebi movie.

Basically:

"Fifty-odd years ago in Kanto, a moderately large company that specialized mostly in the production of medicines released a new product, one that would change the concept of pokémon training forever; they had invented the pokémon capsule. Capable of transforming a pokémon into energy at almost three times the speed of the more common apricorn-based constructions, and being easier and marginally cheaper to construct, the capsules were set to rock the foundations of pokémon training.

Well, they were controversial.

Soon after the public gained knowledge of the product, gangs (or perhaps a gang, singular) of anti-capsule traditionalists have begun mild terrorist attacks that have majorly inconvenienced Silph and Garret, Inc. In order to promote their line of 'pokecaps' and raise awareness of their many advantages (and hopefully quell the attacks), the founder has hired a number of teenagers to promote the product as a group, traveling together from major city to major city.

What could possibly go wrong?
"

Comments? I'm thinking the tech level should be somewhere around late-seventies, early-eighties-ish, since it is the pokémon world.

I'll join it, too. Oh, and I made up some more about my roleplay, too.

All children mythologize their birth. You would like to say that you were scared and colf as you entered the world, but as you were placed in your mother's arms you became comforted, and warmed up. You would like to say that.

You were given birth to in a lab, and your wails were silenced by have a tube inserted into your mouth and down your throat. You were stuck with a syringe full of an opiate that caused you to drift into sleep. You didn't see your mother once.

------------------

You were poor. You were single. A teenager. Whatever the reason, you had to submit to testing while pregnant. You were either the mother or father of the mutant child. But it was still your baby. You want them back, and you swear that you will get them back. Somehow, some way you will do it.

So, yeah. You'll can have a minimum of two characters, unless you give a specific reason why. I tried my best.

Hey, Blastoise, that does sound incredibly awesome.

...I have the strange urge to do something involving fairy-tale characters. Like, Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother and Snow White and that kinda stuff. Well, at least said fairy-tale characters reincarnated or something.

We could get really crazy with them, I feel like it would be awesome. Or at least hilarious.

Why would we need a minimum of two characters?

Because you would play as the hybrid and one of the parents. Or you could arrange to play as only one of them and have another member play the other.

While I have no true ideas so far, I think a RP with a Victorian kind of setting would be cool.

Would anyone dig that?

Back
Top Bottom