• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

sreservoir vs. Simulator (Rayquaza)

Well, can't hear Encore if you're sleeping. Also cannot see pretty lights! Technically Vilya can still hit Rayquaza; it just won't affect it. So... Rest, Chill, Sleep Talk. Yay. If for some reason you could not Rest (maybe Vilya decided to throw out a Confuse Ray early, idk, not likely at all but may as well use those conditionals), move your actions forward and try again.

Rest ~ Chill/Rest ~ Sleep Talk/Chill/Rest

Last edited:
Round Five End!

Team Simulator
1imko5.jpg

Rayquaza Rayquaza (-)
Ability: Air lock
Health: 80%
Energy: 182%
Status: Pretty tired. Paralyzed (moderate). Cursed (10% of overall health per round). Burnt (3% a round). Severely poisoned (3% this round, 4% the next).
Item: None
Commands: Rest ~ Chill/Rest ~ Sleep Talk/Chill/Rest

Team sreservoir
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia Vilya (F)
Health: 94%
Energy: 42%
Commands: Encore / Confuse Ray / Chill x3

Round Six Begin!

Vilya looked coldly at the monstrous dragon that, just last round, was horrendously powerful and could tear her to pieces. Looking at it now... it wasn't that bad, actually. She had cut it down to size. Excellent. Now, all she had to do was watch and take appropriate response to its actions... she couldn't encore blindly, after all. She looked closely, trying to wait it out, and---well, it seemed Rayquaza was getting bored of her inaction. It had fallen asleep, after all. Sighing, Vilya turned to the unresponsive legend and decided to work her magic. <Oh, wow, that's quite impressive,> she telepathically admitted, albeit with a large amount of exaggeration. <You... seem to have healed every bit of damage I managed to inflict. C'est la vie, I suppose--something like this is to be expected from an impressively tenacious creature as you. I do hope to never see that again, however. It would be most... unhelpful. Really.> Reverse psychology was very effective, in most instances. She had no doubt it would work; while she was not Darkrai, her power was surely great enough to infiltrate the dreaming mind.

... Or perhaps it wasn't. The serpentine creature had made no change in behavior, except for slowly coiling into an apparently comfortable position. There was nothing to applaud, she was afraid, and her foe did not seem very susceptible to distraction... so she supposed she could rest a small while. Slowly, carefully, her eyelids fluttered shut, and only just managed to stay upright through sheer luck. The answer was unclear as to how Vilya slept upright, but either way the kirlia balanced on those stilt-like legs like that sort of thing was natural. Perhaps it was, considering that she was a psychic type.

She stayed in that position for a significant amount of time, thoroughly content--however, this sort of break could not last forever. Rayquaza roared emphatically, rustling in its sleep and somehow managing to exude ice from claws. Vilya originally dismissed it as the dragon just being restless (possibly because she refrained from opening her eyes to check), but she was soon proven wrong; Rayquaza tossed a large volley of rocks at her, dropping their temperature to below freezing in the process. Vilya didn't even pay enough attention to see the projectiles flying her way until they hit her; that woke her up, certainly, and sent her tumbling to the ground in the process. Too drowsy to fling off the boulders telekinetically, she was forced to dig herself out--only to make sure she suffered the full force of an unexpectedly powerful gust of air racing through the arena.

She would have preferred to stay asleep. After all, she didn't even see Rayquaza cringe with pain as her partner's curse took effect; perhaps that would have softened the deal.

Team Simulator
1imko5.jpg

Rayquaza Rayquaza (-)
Health: 158%
Energy: 138%
Status: Waking up from its nap nicely, but still wishing that sleep could shed a curse. Cursed (10% of overall health per round).
Actions: Rest ~ Chill ~ Sleep Talk

Team sreservoir
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Kirlia Vilya (F)
Health: 82%
Energy: 56%
Actions: Encore~ Chill~ Chill

Notes:

Was sort of confused where "encore everything" intercepted with confuse ray, but it didn't matter anyway.

"Hit" is a pretty weird word in this case, actually. With encore... there's no real effect other than being encored, and it's not a punch in the face in which it would hit, but just not work. Vilya wasted the first action (because she wasn't really sure whether encore would work), but spent the rest chilling.

Ice moves were boosted this round; otherwise, avalanche would have both dealt and cost 6%. I guess you're lucky, blazhy?

Gust was used at the end of the round; I had it inflict a flat 4% damage.

Blazhy commands first! (For everyone that's just randomly reading the reffings, I'm temporarily replacing Dragon in the simulations.)

Calculations:

Rest - worked = 0% damage, 50% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (cannot miss; does no damage). Paralysis roll 59, needed 75 or higher to activate.
Encore - failed = 0% damage, 4% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (failed with sleep; does no damage).
Chill - worked = 0% damage, +10% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (cannot miss; does no damage).
Chill - worked = 0% damage, +10% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (cannot miss; does no damage).
Sleep talk/avalanche = 8% damage, 4% energy, no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 22, needed 90 or above to activate. Paralysis roll 61, needed 75 or higher to activate.

Last edited:
Bluhhh very sorry for the delay

Okay Rayquaza, just Crunch all the way through. Switch to Dragon Pulse if you are unable to Crunch due to Disable, Telekinesis, what have you, and also if you were Charmed, Reflect is up, or there are clones. Use Extremespeed to dodge and attack if Vilya tries to inflict status on you (e.g. Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis).

I am so ~inspired~ am I not

Crunch/Dragon Pulse/Extremespeed x3

is useful that rayquaza is now slower than us, it is, and that we're commanding second this time -- you know what that means, right? in any case, all of those moves are essentially harmless, so we'll let the health differential increase as we go about our own plans.

still, we want to control the damage rate. thus, we'll rely on rayquaza's need to wait and watch what we're doing before it can go about its own things: first, go with Sing. now, I have no idea how the hell you would go about dodging a song, but since apparently Sing can miss and that is what rayquaza's commands say, this should cause it to Extremespeed to dodge in response.

now, if the dodging unworks and Sing takes effect anyway (which seems reasonable and logical but logicking seems to unwork frequently so I have no clue; mai, you figure it out yourself), then take advantage of the sleep to give it a Nightmare, and we'll figure something out later. if rayquaza is awake, however, it will need to wait for us to make a move before it can decide its own actions -- and that is our chance to Disable it. Disable should last a good while, so instead of taking advantage of it immediately, we will instead end with Trick Room -- even if rayquaza is asleep for the third action -- to simplify our commands. (it's not like we care all that much about the loss of an action -- we're stalling, eh?)

Sing ~ Nightmare / Disable ~ Trick Room

Back
Top Bottom