• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Okay, first real progress update! I've made it to Violet City, caught a Bellsprout with a nature I like, and will probably train some before Sprout Tower and/or the gym. Hahaa, my Bellsprout looks so... derp-y when it's following me around. <3

TEAM:

CYNDAQUIL lv. 10
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

BELLSPROUT lv. 4
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

Woot, I just finished evolving the Totodile I traded to Platinum into a Feraligatr.

Now on to my actual file. Johto, here I come~!

Man, they got rid of Silver saying his name is ???. Now you just see his trainer card.

How will the little kiddies get confused about his name now?

EDIT: Just named Silver "Kokoro". Payback is sweet.

And it's music related! Sorta!

EDIT2: Caught my Bellsprout. I named him "Pitcher".

Last edited:
I caught my first catch in this file, a Pidgey, about a minute ago.

It made me feel ridiculously giddy.

Also: When I went in to pick up my pre-order this morning, I had another awesome conversation with the guy working there. Well, it wasn't so much a conversation as "Hi, I pre-ordered HeartGold and SoulSilver?" "Of course you did. :V"

Beat Falkner and Vulcan evolved. Also, his Pidgeotto is still hacked, but less so.

EDIT: I got the egg. It seems they changed the script so that the egg is important because of what's inside, not because it's... Well... An egg.

EDIT2: Caught my Mareep. I named her "Aurora".

Last edited:
EDIT: I got the egg. It seems they changed the script so that the egg is important because of what's inside, not because it's... Well... An egg.

I would think that by this point in time (in the game-verse) people are already aware of what eggs are, given that FR/LG/R/S/E all took place three years before and contained eggs. The original R/B/Y didn't have eggs, so they looked new in G/S/C - but here, HG/SS are direct successors to FR/LG rather than R/B/Y, so.

EDIT: TIME FOR A STATUS UPDATE

Currently going through Sprout Tower. I must say that I adore the remix of the tower's music <3 AND ALSO JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER REMIX IN THIS GAME

Last edited:
The sprout tower's music was my favorite in the old games, and it definitely tops the list of my favorites in this game. Though the champion battle music is really hard to beat!

I've beaten Falkner and am now trying to catch my Bellsprout up with my Quilava. May wait until the Woopers come out. :v

QUILAVA lv. 15
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

BELLSPROUT lv. 9
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

I just getting to Violet City. I've got a Cyndaquil, and my Sentret is in the Pokewalker.

The Rival's name isn't ??? anymore. D:

I am currently kicking Rocket ass in the Slowpoke Well. During this, Aurora evolved. Also, is Proton a guy or a chick? I can't figure it out.

Oh, online package tracking. My mantra is "Aww, still in Delaware", not Memphis, but it's still crazymaking. I splurged on the best shipping Amazon had, but all the speed in the world doesn't matter if it's. You know. Sunday.

Can it be tomorrow yet, pretty please?

WHOO just beat Falkner. Headin' off to Azalea!

Team:

[Flametail] Cyndaquil (F) Level 11
[Hazy] Geodude (M) Level 12
[Flamelo] Spearow (F) Level 8
[Wormy] Caterpie (M) Level 3
[Meck 10] Sentret (M) Level 4
Mystery Egg

The Spearow, Caterpie and Sentret aren't part of my eventual team, but until I get more Pokémon I don't want the Cyndaquil and Geodude to get too overleveled, so I use the other three to take experience in their place. The next Pokémon for my team I can get is either Mareep or Hoothoot.

Kay, I'm just about to go get my Sudowoodo.

Team:

Togepi lv11
Sentret lv14
Totodile lv16
Geodude lv17
Zubat lv12

So far the trainers still appear to be a tad underleveled around this part of the game, but whatever. I tend to avoid matches then level grind when an important one comes up anyways.

Just beat Bugsy. No one evolved, but the egg hatched into a male Togepi that I nicknamed Ketsu.

What? It means "joy"!

EDIT: Woah! It hatched knowing Extrasensory!

So while I wait for nighttime, I'm fishing for a decent Poliwag with my new old rod. This is turning out to be the biggest fucking headache ever. I'm a lot less picky now than when I started, but I seem to keep getting the shittiest natures possible. :|

Hot DAMN, I love that rival music!

And I'm still snickering at the fact I named him Kokoro. Such a girly name for such a tough guy.

Dude. The art for the National Park is awesome in the afternoon.

Totodile will evolve soon. Togepi was raised to 13. I've been playing the games nonstop for 6 hours. I think I'm addicted to Pokemon once again, a thing that hasn't happened since...either Crystal or Emerald.

EDIT: 2nd Commemorative photo get!

Oh FUCK IT, timid nature is good ENOUGH >:O

Now that I have a Poliwag, I'm going to shower and eat dinner!

Back
Top Bottom