• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your favourite genre of music?

What is your favourite genre of music

• Classical

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Jazz

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Hip-hop/rap

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Folk/Indie/Hipster

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Electronica (including techno, drum 'n' bass, etc)

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Rock (classic, alternative rock)

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Punk/emo/post-hardcore

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Metal (whatever version. Nu-metal counts as rock)

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I don't give a fig about music

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
And I hope this doesn't become the metal thread again. You get multiple votes anyway. Would be interesting to see the demographics here.

Oh and progressive rock and such goes under rock. Pop music isn't really a genre, is it? Pop music falls into rock-based and hip-hop or r&b based or electronica based anyway.

I don't really have a "favourite genre" of music as such, because I tend to listen to a little bit of this and a little bit of that, dipping my toes into a lot of music genres! I ticked most boxes except electronica, indie, rap, punk and "fig". There's some songs in those genres I like. Also, I can live with some R'n'B but not with the majority of rap and so I left it blank.

Additionally, I like carribbean style music and Bollywood crap.

...Don't look at me like that. :(

I like a few different genres...rap/hiphop, punk, rock, classical... Maybe one of the few people who must like classical and all those others.

I voted "folk/indie/hipster" and "rap/hip-hop". I pretty much listen to p4kcore and rap, with a bit of metal sometimes too.

I don't really have any genres, or at least major genres, that I dislike. For all the choices you named, I can give you multiple albums that I love. Well, except for classical, but I'm not really opposed to it, I guess.

But I guess rap is the only genre I really like straight up, if you know what I mean. For most genres, I only listen to specific bands I find unique or interesting (I like Agalloch, for example, but not Metallica). But almost every rap album I download I end up loving, from Lil Wayne to 2pac to a Tribe Called Quest and etc.

Most of my favorite artists aren't rap, however. I don't know what that says about me.

most of the music I listen to is either indie, electronica, punk or metal (preferably power metal). but I wouldn't really call myself a 'fan' of any of those genres. music isn't really my thing, and bitchfights over genres are silly. the metal fandom especially takes this to ridiculous extremes, which is why I tend to avoid metalheads :P

Metal, rock, and VGM.

Also, count hair metal/pop metal/glam metal/whatever you wanna count it under rock, not metal, except in the case of a few bands such as Extreme, Ratt, and Stryper.

(Yes, I like that stuff. Sue me.)

I like...pretty much everything (I'm a little iffy on heavy metal and stuff, but whatever), but I just ticked off rock cause that's my absolute favorite.

Though video game music is great :D

rock is such a diverse branch of music that I'm pretty sure nearly everyone will vote for it (it already has 52% of the vote).

Video game, rock, symphonic metal, random stuff I listen to thanks to AMVs and then download...

Yeah, I'm not that spread out about music. Oh, I tend to listen to lots of anime openings too. >> J-pop and J-Rock. x3

Rock and Metal \m/

This poll is missing a lot though... Reggae? Country? Pop?

I considered Reggae, but I can try and add poll options.

Also ultraviolet it is, but I tried to separate punk and indie out of it, as well as metal. You're left with classic rock, alt rock, prog rock which narrows it down quite a bit.

Mostly Alt. Rock and a little Indie from my sister's influence. I don't know what Vocaloid falls under, though. Maybe Indie due to the fact it's all user created.

Back
Top Bottom