• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Metamorphic Emprise

Eloi

Here is my fanfic, Metamorphic Emprise, that follows the tales of Lucille the Dewgong, Alex the Pokémon Trainer, and Jackie the Pokémon Ranger, and the changes they experience over the course of the story, some physical, others mental. Set in a hybrid of Pokemon Games canon and Pokemon Special canon three years after the Kanto-centric games (RGBYFRLG).

Revision History:
[1.0 FFPE] Metamorphic Emprise v. 1.0: First First Perspective Edition: The original created on a Google Doc. Two chapters told from Dewgong's perspective only.
[1.1 FPE] Metamorphic Emprise v. 1.1: First Perspective Edition: The one uploaded to Cave of the Dragonflies forum. Three chapters told from Dewgong's perspective only with various grammar and spelling errors fixed.
[2.0 MCE] Metamorphic Emprise v. 2.0: More Characters Edition: Re-vised the first three chapters, inserted three more chapters from the perspectives of expanded minor character roles.
[2.5 MCE; NWPS] Metamorphic Emprise v 2.5: More Characters Edition; Now With Paragraph Spacing: Fixed the paragraph spacing on various lines.
[2.7 MCE; NWPS; LMP PG-13]Metamorphic Emprise v.2.7: More Characters Edition; Now With Paragraph Spacing; Less Minor Pokémon (Rated PG-13): Made the chapters more consistent, cut out minor Pokémon from the teams of the various characters, and introduced two new chapters with a dark enough tone to warrant a PG-13 warning.
[2.9 MCE; NWPS; LMP; CPT; PG-13] Metamorphic Emprise v2.9: More Characters Edition; Now With Paragraph Scpaing; Less Minor Pokémon; Consistent Past Tense; (Rated PG-13): Changed every instance that I could find using perfect present tense to past tense. This may sound minor, but I pretty much had to edit every other sentence. But I want it to be good, damn it.

Metamorphic Emprise
Version 2.9: More Characters Edition; Now With Paragraph Spacing; Less Minor Pokémon; Consistent Past Tense (Rated PG-13 for Violent Content, Non-Sexual Nudity, and Adult Themes.)​

Chapter 1: A Dewgong's Tale

The ocean didn’t just move, it breathed. It inhaled water, and then, it exhaled it back onto the shore. A young Dewgong casted a white flipper into the stirring tide as she tried to maintain balance on her sheet of ice. The waves were delightfully cold for her, so she slid down from her ice block into the indigo abyss. Her white fur blended into the water to make a violet shade, that was but an illusion of a color, but it was still beautiful to her. She splashed about, re-learned how to swim momentarily, as she thrusted her flippers from her side to her back and heaved her heavy tail up and down, which propelled her forward. The smell of ice entered in her small black button nose, and the aroma was one that was pleasant in its neutrality. She looked around with her almond eyes immersed in the water, and she noted a red blinking light. She swam towards it, curious what kind of strange Pokémon could have that feature. But she realized it wasn’t a Pokémon, but some sort of steel ball with a light that came from it. She poked it with the single horn on her head and gnawed on it with her front teeth. The ball suddenly opened with a net, she tried to swim away but the laced pattern didn’t seem to cease as it enveloped her whole. She was tore away from the welcoming waves of the water and thrown onto a boat.

“A wild Dewgong, I finally got it!” excitedly said a human boy with a solid red cap, black hair to his shoulders, and a black overcoat with brass buttons most likely to insulate him in the very chilly temperatures.

The young Dewgong tried to pull away whilst inside the net, but the boy threw a Poké Ball in front of her, and out of the smoke emerged first a silhouette of a sphere, then its crimson top and colorless bottom separated equally at the middle could be seen, and then its face become visible. It had two eyes that leered and a disturbing lack of a mouth.

“Voltorb, use Thunder!” the boy yelled to the strange sphere-Pokémon.

Jagged rods of yellow energy surrounded the Voltorb, as the Dewgong tried to crawl away on her flippers. The net hindered her movements until she was a crumpled piece of wet white flesh. All at once the boat was lit by a yellow hue, and she felt the pain of what felt like thousands of flaming sharp needles entering all over her body. She wreathed in pain, and fell limp on the wooden deck.

Chapter 2: A Crack in the Foundation

The boy threw a Great Ball at the fainted Dewgong. With a bright flash of light the Pokémon shrunk into the confines of the sphere. He crouched and picked up the ball. As he looked at the fainted Sea Lion Pokémon from inside the translucent red covering, he smirked to himself.

"Come back Voltorb." he said with his smirk still on his face, as he returned Voltorb into a Poke Ball that looked just like him, complete with painted on eyes.

He placed the two Poké Balls on his belt, before he got out his blue Pokégear and scrolled through the contacts. He clicked on a number marked "Dr. Spindle". The phone rang before a click on the receiver was heard.

"Alex, did you get a Pokémon from Floe Island yet?" a nasally voice spoke.

He got the Great Ball off of his belt and tapped it into the receiver.

"Indeed I did." he replied.

"Than come back to Chrono Island and collect your reward, your help has been invaluable." said Dr. Spindle flatly.

"Understood." Alex said, before he turned off the phone, and placed the Pokégear back on his belt with the Poké Balls.

Alex started the boat's engine, and sped away to the coast of Chrono Island. He was drew in by the waves to the sea-level ground. He tied his boat to a large gray stone, before he hopped off. He sprayed on a repel and walked through the long green blades of sward to a seemingly abandoned warehouse. He pushed the heavy doors open and cautiously looked around, hand on his Poké Balls. The only sound to be heard was the light crunch of papers below his feet, as he looked around. A few boxes were scattered about, and broken beakers lie on a table with a built-in sink. He took another step forward before he heard a sickening CRACK! sound. He fell onto some broken beakers and passed out.

Chapter 3: On Coming Around and Going Around

A blue-haired lady that wore a black white shirt with a large red R, white skirt, and black gloves and boots knelt down to someone in a black overcoat with red hair to their shoulders. She had hit them with a metal box in the back of the head.

She took their Poké Balls, and noted a Voltorb and a Dewgong. She chuckled to herself.

"Right, like we would pay you to catch a Pokémon we capture without your help. What an idiot." she said.

She grabbed his Pokégear last, put it all in a backpack Alex had carried, and walked out of the warehouse. She got out the Pokégear and contacted Dr. Spindle.

"This is Agent Grace, I stole the kid's Pokémon as requested." she said as she tried to keep the excitement of finally succeeding at a mission out her voice. "Not that I mind, but why have we been stealing all of the Pokémon we have been? I know its pretty standard, but I haven't seen any of them being used in our operations, or-"

"We need as many Pokémon as possible because of our testing having a high mortality rate." snapped Dr. Spindle.

"Understood." she said sheepishly.

She turned off the Pokégear, before she took a Rocket Ball out of her belt and threw it.

The smoke surrounded the grassy landscape, before a orange Pokemon with a cream stomach and blue tail-innards emerged, the flame on its long-tail singed the grass around it. Its long neck bent to sniff Grace as it blue-iris eyes blinked in curiosity.

"Hey Flamie." said Grace in a affectionate tone as she patted the Charizard's snout.

She walked to the shore and pointed to the wooden boat tied to a rock. "Flamie, use Blast Burn!"

The Charizard spewed an inferno that reduced the boat and the nearby grasss into ashes.

"Good job." Grace said as she smiled at the Charizard.

Charizard smiled with its fanged teeth, before Grace jumped on its back and instructed. "Fly to Saffron City, we have business to take care of."

And with that, the Charizard took off, his wings flapped in the air, as the island disappeared into the azure seascape below.

Charizard began to dive lower, and dodged various high-rise buildings before he swooped down onto the streets below, as various bystanders ran in various directions, familiar with the duo.

Grace hopped off and walked in front of two large buildings. One had a sign that read “Saffron City Pokémon Dojo; Leader: ...”, with a Poké Ball symbol painted above its wooden doors with a red top, blue bottom, and a yellow dot in the center. Next to it was a building with the sign “Saffron City Pokémon Gym; Leader: Sabrina “Mistress of Psychic Pokémon”, and unlike the neighboring building, the doors were automatic glass doors and the Poké Ball symbol had a gold top, a silver bottom, and a crystal dot in the center, and it was not painted on, but was made out of a special colored-metal.

“Thanks for all the help, you can sleep the rest of the day if you want.” said Grace as she smiled to Flamie, before she recalled it in the Poké Ball.

She then opened the wooden door and stepped inside. There was various men clad in white robes and black bandannas, who meditated on floor mats. She walked down the narrow path to the back of the room, peeled off a poster, pressed a button, and a hidden staircase was revealed. She walked down a few flights to a spacious room lit by fluorescent lights and having an upper level visible from the ground, with railing that surrounded the above half-walls. There was various grunts who wore black berets, uniforms, and white gloves as well as grunts who wore outfits similar to hers, all training, or reviewing new equipment, and some were called infront of a whiteboard and an Admin in a black suit. Another man in a black suit walked over to her.

“I’m here to deliver Dr. Spindle’s newly acquired Pokémon.” she said with a smirk.

She held up the various Poké Balls she had stolen off of Alex.

The black suited man nodded and took them, before he gave her a check worth
Poke-dollar.gif
Her smirk turned into a grin as she stuffed the check in a pocket in her skirt.

“Spend it wisely.” said the man in a clearly rehearsed tone, before he left.

Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the wrong thing.

She pulled back out her check and looked at it.

Sometimes...I am very glad I’m not some dopey trainer.

Chapter 4: Seeing Without Your Eyes

The Dewgong opened her eyes, and she could feel that they weren’t hers. Everything around her was a blurry mix of white light, dull teal, peach, and silver. She blinked, and could tell something was wrong. She couldn’t quite tell what was wrong, but something was amiss. Panicked, she attempted to move her body but she could not feel it. She heard something in the blur.

“Dewgong is awake.”said a gravely voice in a clipped manner.

“Well, we are almost done with the experiment. I have to give a few chemicals to the eyes.” replied a nasally voice in an annoyed tone.

“What’s the point?” said the gravely voice, which made the room echo the clack of his boots as he approached me closer in the blur.

“Well if my theory is correct, Pokemon psychology should still be in effect, and so, the subject would be subservient and loyal. A highly dependable and controllable grunt, in other words.” replied the nasally voice, and it sounded like he has explained this before, the irritation was growing in his tone.

“If it is.” snorted the gravely voice.

A blur leaned over and she felt her eye covered in liquid, as it swished around my eye socket basin. All at once she felt every single portion of her eye, it was indeed spherical, and all over it was a horrid itching sensation. She tried to twist her body in pain but it felt like it was restrained by straps. After a few agonizing minutes, the horrible pain subsided and she could finally see.

“Its awake.” a small man with glasses and a military coat with buttons. His complexion was pale and sickly and his hair was sweaty and unkempt. He was the possessor of the gruff voice.

“Its a miracle it didn’t die like the others, including that Voltorb.” replied a rather large man with a very tight shirt that hugged his pectoral muscles, clad in camouflage jeans, with a very tan complexion. He was the possessor of the annoyed voice.

She struggled but she couldn’t see anything but the two scary looking men and a bright light above her.

“Well, lets unbind it, shall we?” said the large man with a sigh of relief. She heard some loud clicking sounds, and she could feel her appendages again. But they were not familiar.

She panicked as she couldn’t feel her fins and tail. She picked up what she considered to be this strange thing next to her, it was long and cylinder like with an odd droopy collection of worm-like dangling bits, and she raised the other parts of her body and they felt like the same cylinder-type contraptions with worm-like dangling bits. She tried to bark at the men infront of her, but all that came out was a strange voice that didn't belong to her.

“Dewgong dewgong dewgong.” She managed to say, but it felt wrong because it came out of this strange voice.

She then awkwardly pushed her odd body off of the cot and landed hard on the floor. She no longer had 250 or more pounds of thick fat, fur, and skin to protect her from injuries, and she could a feel sharp pain in her stomach.

“Dew...gong...deeeww...go-o-” she started to emit saltly liquid that dripped down to her thinner lips, and she curled up into a ball on the reassuringly-frosty black tile floor.

“Damn, I was hoping they would be able to talk automatically.” said the large man, who crouched down towards me and picked up a bit of snow-white fur hung from her head from the shoulder. But it wasn’t really fur, it was thinner and didn’t cover her, and she could only feel it on her back and a bit before her odd-eyes.

“Who you?” she struggled to string together.

“I am Dr. Spindle, that is my dimwitted assistant Dr. Feral.” the large man said as he pointed to the small man.

“Who..me?” she said, as she waved around the droopy worm-like appendages on her cylinder.

“How about ‘Cellkey’, because you are our get out of free card.” said Dr. Spindle before he smiled, which revealed his yellow and black teeth. The smell of dead pig waffled up from there, which her larger non-Dewgong nose apparently could smell.

She nervously looked around for something as reflective as her home waters. She rushed over to a piece of glass than hung on the blank white walls. She saw her face. Or rather, she saw this human’s face, and she had almond eyes like her, and snow-white pseduo-fur like her, but it was not her. She then looked around for an escape, and spotted two thick doors. She dashed over there with Spindle and Feral behind her, as she mashed the big buttons by it, which seemed to open it. She ran in.

"Your experiment failed." she could hear the gravely voice sneer before the door closed as they slammed up against it.

The big room-like unit advanced quickly down and she felt like it tried to bring her to her knees. A loud bell range and the large doors opened. There was a lady with blue hair, a white shirt and skirt, black boots and gloves, with a large red R written on the shirt that rushed at her, in a panic she shoved her over and made a mad dash to the big glass doors where the sunlight was poured in.

Chapter 5: Awakening

He awoke in a see-through glass coffin, and he could see a black gas Pokémon that looked at him with a toothy grin. He smashed the glass coffin and the Pokémon fled. He looked around and felt his belt.

“All of it...its...” he slammed his fist into the steel wall. “Damn!”

He creaked the door and saw a flock of Pidgeotto flew above him. He quickly shut it, as he had no Pokémon to send out against them. He searched for his Pokégear, but it wasn’t there.

“Damn!” he said again, before he sighed.

I have to go out there...I have no food, or supplies, I can’t just stay here. So...here I go!

He ran quickly through the grass, as the flocking Pidgeotto started to fly towards him, as he felt their beaks bore into his back. He ran without pause until he dove into the waters. He swam furiously, and as he cut through the water with his hands he could feel the tentacles of various Pokémon in the water that wrapped around him. He frantically kicked them away and dashed on the shore of a small island, where he saw someone with a lure in the water. He ran up to them.

“I need help!” he gasped at the fishing lady. She wore an orange leather fedora, vest, and boots, with black denim pants and shirt, with a length of rope at her side.

“Pokémon Ranger Jackie here to help!” she said, before she did a salute that was typical to the organization.

She reeled in her line and put her fishing rod in her large hiking back pack.

“Someone stole all my Pokémon!” Alex said, as he tried to regain his breath after all of the swimming he did.

“Well, here, you can borrow my Tangela.” replied Jackie.

She pulled out a Poké Ball, the mass of tangled blue vines were visible from the translucent top. “Actually, you can keep him, I only just caught it, and I think Tang would get jealous if I started using another Tangela besides her. Shes quirky that way.” she gave a giggle as she handed Alex the Tangela’s ball.

“So do you know who took your Pokémon and where they went?” she said as she got out her Town Map and Fame Checker.

“I don’t.” Alex said, downcast. “This is all my fault.”

“Don’t beat yourself up over it, its not your fault there is thieves out there.” Jackie said, as she reassuringly patted him on the arm.

“No, it is my fault.” he said as he shook his head. “I needed money to pay for...things, and I was confronted by these strange people who said they wanted a Dewgong, and I just went with them because they said they would pay me. I mean, how would I know what they would do to that Dewgong?”

“Wait, can you describe these people who confronted you?” said Jackie, eyebrow arched.

“They had black uniforms, with berets, and gloves, and big red R on their chests. They-”

“-are Team Rocket, who is who they are!” said Jackie, before she showed him data on the Fame Checker. The Fame Checker stated:

“Team Rocket, a villainous gang with operations in Kanto (as well as its territories) and Johto. Their objectives appear to be the exploitation of Pokémon for money and power. They were thought to have been disbanded three years ago when a youth named Leaf defeated their leader. Recent new indicates that Team Rocket is still very much alive in Johto and the Sevii Islands, so be on the look out for them. Here is what they look like:”

And it had a picture of someone who was dressed the same as the person Alex had struck the deal with.

“All the way in Johto?” balked Alex.

“We can take the Magnet Train there.” Jackie said, then she threw a Poké Ball on the ground, and when the smoke cleared it revealed a silver bird-like Pokémon with yellow eyes, red wing innards, and a triangular formation on its head.

“Fly to Saffron, Scar!” she said, before she jumped on its back and pulled Alex along with her.

Alex buried his head into Jackie’s back as she clenched onto Skarmory’s neck plates, and she laughed as they soared.

Chapter 6: A New Dawning

The newly human Dewgong maintained her quick pace as she dashed out into the open. There was so many talking people, an ocean of faces, waves of bustle, and stream of walking-traffic. People looked at her strangely, and she just ran and pushed them out of the way, before she accidentally slammed into a lady clad in blue, an officer. The officer had a blue vest, blue hat with gold badge pinned to the bill, angry magenta eyes, and a stern expression. The officer put dreadful shiny rings on her hands that bound them together, put a fuzzy white thing around her that itched, and started to yell at her in a very hoarse tone.

“I can’t have you walking around the streets with no clothing! This is not a scum-town like Celadon, and we don’t accept that here. There is little children out and about and-”

“Dew....gong...” she said as her voice cracked.

“-...?” the Officer looked at her for a good minute before she said. “I am going to be taking you to the police station, you seem inebriated.”

They walked until the sun went down and the moon’s gold eye began to look down upon the high-rise buildings. The denizens on the streets grew fewer as they walked on, and by the time they got to a very large blue building with “POLICE” written on it in unknown-letters, she could hardly walk anymore. She laid down on the cold pavement of the POLICE building, much to the dismay of the officer.

“Did I say you could lay down?” the officer yelled at her, as she pulled her into the building, sat her down on a chair in the place that was labelled “LOBBY”.

The officer hooked one of the shiny ring things to the chair, and left without looking back at her. Nothing ran through her head but the utter want to wake up, and to discover she was still a happy-Dewgong playing in the ice-water, and weave in and out of the cool waves, twisting and turning and-

Before she could finish, a pink-haired lady clad in a white-apron and white square hat with a red cross stepped up to her.

“You mean you believe that this is a Pokemon?” shouted the blue-uniform lady indignantly.

“Yes. Let us just see what the Pokedex says, Jenny.” the pink-haired lady pulled out a red square device, pointed at the girl in the towel, clicked a button, and then everyone heard a monotone and noticeably buzzy voice:

“Dewgong. #179. Sea Lion Pokemon. Water/Ice Type. 5’07, 122 lb (142.4 pounds underweight), it loves frigid seas with ice floes. It uses its long tail to change swimming direction quickly.”

“But, Joy, that's just.. it is...” Jenny was at a loss of words.

“I know. What are we going to do?” said Joy, who sat down next to her and shook her head.“Well, do you want to sleep here for tonight?”

“Dew...gong?” she shifted for words in human language, She heard it a lot before, and now she had the voice necessary, but it was still awkward for her. “Yes. I’m scared...”

“Its okay.” replied Joy as she patted her shoulder before she noticed the towel. “Maybe I can get you some clothes.”

Joy came back with an all-white t-shirt and short pants. The nurse handed the clothes over, and the transformed Dewgong pulled the towel off and tried to figure out how to put the things the nurse gave her on. She took the t-shirt and put it around her legs because they seemed to both have two little holes that her legs can fit through.

“Um...we have restrooms you can change in...uh...if you know how..um...” she stuttered as she just shook her head, quickly got the clothes on her and sat back down.

“Um...thanks...” she said as she looked around nervously, as the lights reminded her of the place she was in earlier.

After they reviewed some basic human things with her (humans are more disgusting than she had thought), the nurse led her to a small cot in her office. She curled up on it. It was leather and pretty cold, very pleasant to a former Ice type.

“Good night, Dewgong.” Joy said, before she turned out the light.

“I think my name is Lucille.” she said, before she nervously asked. "Is than an okay name?"

“I think its a nice name.” Joy said with a smile, before she departed elsewhere.
L
ucille curled up in a little ball, the events of today flashed in her head, and emotion up in her.

I had my entire existence taken away from me by those two guys. I could no longer swim in the ice waters I yearn for without dying. I want to dip a flipper in the calm waters of my home. I hope that can be returned to me.

Chapter 7: On The Rails

"We couldn't find it anywhere sir." said Grace to an admin.

"Damn it all." said the admin as he slammed his fist on a low-level table.

"The only place we haven't checked is two small houses on the outskirts, and the Police station for obvious reasons." she said.

"You know what? Check the Police station. Bring them down with your Pokémon, I'm not allotting you with a budget after your blunder." said the Admin, as he leaned back in his leather chair, before he folded his arms together.

"Understood." said Grace as she slowly walked away.

"And please use the secret exit." he called to her from across the room.

She nodded, as she eschewed the stairs for the elevator, pressed the Up button, stepped in, and stood still until the elevator came to a stop. She pushed the large glass doors opened and walked outside. The secret exit was at the back extremity of the area of the underground, which aboveground was near the forest that surrounded the hilly landscape the Police station was atop of. She sprayed on a Repel and ran through the forest to the Police station. She threw a Poké Ball in, and out came a Koffing which started to fill the room with smoke.

"Intruders!" cried an officer who desperately tried to see through the smog.

Grace dashed around the various rooms as she tried to find a girl that matched the description of the papers, and to her surprise, there was a girl with long white hair and a scar above her ankle, sprawled out on a leather seat in a room. Grace smirked and wrapped her right arm around Lucille's waist before she opened the window of the room they were in and hopped out. She dashed to the Magnet Train and hopped aboard. The bullet train zoomed, as Grace calmly looked around. She stifled a gasp when she saw the trainer she had knocked out earlier with a Pokémon Ranger seated next to him behind her. After a while, the train lurched to a stop as traffic departed. She quickly dashed around the crowd, with almost everyone in the train care exited, before a hand pulled her around.

"Is that my Pokégear?" said Alex as he pointed to the blue device with a yellow A embroidered on the top.

"Uh...no?" she said as she looked around nervously before she attempted to run again.

"Go Tangela! Keep her from leaving!" said Alex, as a blue tangle of vines emerged, with two white eyes with black pupils blinked in the darkness. Tangela wrapped its vines around her forearm and ankles.

Alex then attempted to grab his Pokégear but Grace slammed her side against the wall, which caused a Poké Ball to burst open, as a Charizard suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Flamie use Fire Blast!" Grace yelled, as the Charizard snorted fire on the Tangela, which knocked it out and freed Grace.

"Go Tang and Scar!" Jackie said panicked, as she sent two Pokémon at once. "Tang, use Giga Impact! Scar, use Rock Tomb!"

A mass of yellow and orange energy hit Flamie before rocks smashed down on the Pokémon. It lay still under the rocks.

"Did...we beat it?" said Alex as he looked at the rocks.

But no sooner did he say that did it burst forth.

"USE BLAST BURN!" shouted Grace as she dropped Lucille limp on the ground.

Tang and Scar fell to the ground as flames enveloped them, fainted. Jackie fumbled for her Poké Balls but Grace leaped over and knocked her to the ground. She took her Poké Balls before she shouted again.

"USE BLAST BURN!" she said, as flames continued to singe the Pokémon. The metal on Scar started to melt onto the ground, and Tang's vines started to curl up and wilt. Alex tried to tackle Grace, but she threw him out the glass window. He landed with hard on the pavement outside with a sickening snap.

"USE BLAST BURN!" she said again, as Tang was just a bunch of singed stubs and Scar almost a puddle.

"NO!" screamed Jackie tried to grapple with Grace, but she was grabbed and thrown out the same window Alex was, only she didn't go vertically, but horizontally, and large pieces of glass cut and almost tore completely off her left side.

"FINISH IT!" shouted Grace, as Flamie used a final Blast Burn to make Tang and Scar meld together in a silver puddle of blue ashes.

"Go get the others." She said to Flamie, as it flew outside to catch Alex and Jackie.

She smiled with teeth clenched in a unsettling postion, before the speakers said in a computerized voice as the doors snapped closed.

"Heading back to Saffron."

She quickly looked to see if Lucille was still there, and she wasn't. Grace screamed in anger, as the train started to speed away. She tried to open the windows but they were sealed shut. She jumped out the back window, which shattered the glass. She hit her head on the top of the window frame, and fell backwards onto the broken shards of glass. A large piece of glass had impaled her in the neck, as she slid off the back off the window frame and tumbled like a rag doll, paralyzed onto the tracks. Grace screamed in immense pain and attempted to get up, but she couldn't move her body. She suddenly heard the horn of an oncoming train, and for a few agnozing moments she tried to imagine all her entire life, all of the people she knew. But she couldn't remember anyone who actually liked her or any moments she enjoyed, and began to- CRUNCH SPLASH. The tracks were dyed in shades of sanguine and twisted limbs with exposed muscle, fat, and veins were strewn about it.

Grace had died.

Chapter 8: Transformation

Alex got up with notable back pain, and tried to pull Jackie up on his back but yelped in pain. Another train zoomed by, and Alex could only watch as the Poké Ball Jackie's other Tangela was in was crushed by the oncoming train, and the last wheel flipped out onto the other side of the tracks.

"I'll take her, no worries." said Lucille, who then pulled Jackie up on her back, and wrapped Jackie's arms around her and held Jackie's hands tight together in hers.

"Run!" Alex struggled to say, as Flamie swooped down in front of them.

<<I'm here to kill you all>> Lucille heard Flamie say. <<It is my master's orders.>>

<<But where is your master? She isn't here yet, isn't that a troubling sign?>> replied back Lucille in Pokémon language.

<<You are right! I must find her>> said Flamie before he turned around and flew away.

Alex and Lucille with Jackie on her back, struggled threw the long grass until they reached a small hospital with a gold-top roof near the tracks.

"I'm Lucille." said Lucille to Alex.

"I'm Alex." said Alex to Lucille before he motioned his hand to Jackie. "And thats Jackie."

Alex shoved open the hospital doors once they finally got through everything, as Lucille hurried in. An astonished nurse rushed to Jackie, who laid her bloody body on a crash cart and took her to the Emergency Room. Alex groaned in pain before he buckled to his knees and coughed up blood.

"We need another crash cart!" shouted the nurse.

"No no no, I don't need medical help." Alex said as he attempted to back away, before he collapsed back on the floor unconscious, as a group of nurses lifted him on a crash cart and wheeled him off.

"Can't you just put them in Poké Balls and then place them in the healing machine?" said Lucille, concerned.

"I'm afraid people don't work like Pokémon." sighed the nurse. "You can sit there to wait for your friends."

Lucille sat on the plastic fold out chair for many hours, as guilt ran through her.

This is all my fault...if I was never here, no one would have ever got here...why can't I just live with Pokémon? Pokémon are so simple and easy to figure out. People are just way to complex for me.

Finally a nurse came back out with a clip board. She spoke in a weary tone.

"Their conditions have been stabilized. Jacqueline had to have her left arm and left leg replaced by cybernetic prosthetics, and Alexis had to get extensive spine surgery. They were in extreme pain when we woke them up to sign the waivers, but they are doing fine now."

Lucille stopped crying and looked up at the nurse quizzically.

"Wait, we didn't admit an Alexis, we admitted Alex, who are you talking about?" Lucille said.

The nurse tilted her head in confusion.

"Probably just a nickname they gave you. I'll let you check on them. They are in Room 1138."

Lucille got out a pen and paper from the front desk and handed it to nurse.

"Can you tell me what those numbers look like so I can find them easier? I uh...am not familiar with the numerals used in this region, I am not from here."

The nurse nodded and didn't question her and scribbled down 1138 before she gave the paper back to her.

Lucille rushed to 1138 down a few halls from the front room, and opened the door. Alex laid on a cot with a lot of bandages on his back, which was visible from the open back of the hospital gown as he was propped up on the center of the bed. Lucille rushed over to him.

"Are you okay?" said Lucille, as she sat next to him.

"Yeah I'm okay." said Alex, nervously scooting away from her.

"Can you get up?" asked Lucille, coming closer.

Alex attempted to stand to get away from her and wobbled a bit before he steadied himself. He went to a nearby bench and put his black overcoat over himself and buttoned it back up.

"You seem familiar..." Lucille mumbled to herself.

Alex pulled back the medical curtain divider to see Jackie in a cot. She had already put back on her clothes, which were tattered and stained, as visible portions of her left arm was silvery and full of wires.

"She killed my Pokémon!" cried Jackie.

Alex tried to comfort her. "Its-"

"I was raised with them! They were my friends! And they're dead!" she shook her head and held her face in her hands. "Dead..." she murmured, broken from the day's events.

A nurse walked into the room with a stack of papers in her hand.

"The hospital is discharging you seeing as no further recovery is needed and your insurances won't cover you any more." she said in a board and rehearsed tone.

She then walked out of the room.

Alex helped Jackie up, who had visible difficulties with walking on her new prosthetic left leg, and Lucille followed them out the door. They went out into the large and unfamiliar landscape of Goldenrod City, as indicated by a large sign on one of the many gold-roofed high rise buildings that surrounded them, people bustled in the streets, and the group didn't know where to go.

"Why did this all have to happen?" said Lucille with a blank expression as she ran everything that happened to her in the past days through her mind.

"I am not sure. But I do know one thing--we have been transformed by it." replied Jackie as she held out her left arm and flexed her metallic fingers.

Chapter 9: Back On Track

The cool night air gently whipped the Laura's black hair into her eyes and blew it back out. She could hear the coos of the Hoot-Hoots in the trees as she sat on an old wooden bench by the tracks. "Johto (Lake of Rage)-Kanto (Indigo Plateau) was written on a partially tree covered sign attached to a forgotten lamppost, below a rusted sign that read "Lake of Rage Station".

Suddenly a mass gathering of Hoot-Hoot flocked out of their trees as the whale of the train's whistle resounded in the night. Laura stood up, and picked up her thick, black briefcase. The light of the train illuminated the Spinaraks hanging on the trees around, as the rush of wind caused Laura's black trench coat to billow and her red necklace to sway. The train screeched to a halt near the bench where she stood. A double door swung open as an elderly man smiled at her.

"'ello Miss, are ya boardin'?" he said in a husky voice as his bushy mustache followed every move of his lip.

"Indeed I am, Sir." Laura said as she put a sure foot in a black boot onto the train's stair.

"Got any ID.?" He said as he looked up from underneath his thick eyebrows.

Laura produced a card. "Agent Laura-International Police-Johto Branch-Pokémon Association Approved" the man said as he squinted at the print on the card. "Well, Miss Agent I think another agent is waitin' for ya at the back."

Laura nodded and walked through the empty train, with the occasional passenger slumped in their chair asleep, to the furthest back passenger car. She slid her ID in a machine placed on the door and walked in.

"Greetings." said a man with short black hair in a unbuttoned brown trench coat with a pink tinted tie under it. "I have much pleasure in seeing you Agent Laura."

"Happy to see you too Agent Looker." she said before she took a seat across from the man. "Haven't seen ya since you left for that case in Sinnoh."

"It was and is has been handled completely at the moment." said Looker as he stroked his chin absentmindedly. "What wasn't and isn't has been handled completely at the moment is your case."

"Right, about that, Looker. Why did you call me to Kanto? This place isn't even my region-"

"That statement is now falsified, actually. Kanto has been recently appointed as under the jurisdiction of Johto International Police not too long ago by the Pokémon Association in response to the growing Team Rocket crisis."

"Yeah, yeah." she said dismissively before she folded her arms and looked away. "But why'd I get called here?"

"Well, have you had hearings upon the subject of...the transformation?" he said in a hushed voice as he leaned forward.

"I haven't." she said curtly as she stared at Looker from the corner of her eye.

"We have a confirmed case of a Pokédex reading a human-looking being as a Dewgong, another a Venusaur, a Pikachu, a Clefairy, and many others." said Looker as he waved his finger.

"What about it?" Laura said. "Maybe the Pokédexes are malfunctioning? And what makes you suspect this is criminal?"

"Look at this map." Looker pulled out a large map of the Johto-Kanto biregional area. Various places in the region were marked with red dots. "Are you seeing the representative dots? They are reported cases of the transformations in our area."

Looker uncapped a red marker with his teeth and connected the dots to each other. The markers pungent aroma perfumed up after he was finished, and it seemed all the lines crossed over Saffron City in Kanto.

"Saffron City is the epicenter of these strange happenings." Looker said as he pointed to the red blob of marker on the map. "Which is why I needed you to investigate here."

Laura looked cross and said. "But why not use an agent from Kanto Someone who knows the area and-"

"Because Kanto already has its hands full with keeping security in almost every other town. They don't have time to investigate cases that are not immediate threats." Looker said.

Laura grumbled as Looked pulled out a blue Pokégear Laura pulled out her black Pokégear from her pocket.

"Stay in contact." he said, as he pressed some buttons on his Pokégear and made a new phone number with Sinnoh area code bleep onto Laura's call list. "If you have any questions or intel. to be provided or to have provided upon you, contact me posthaste."

Laura nodded as a speaker above them crackled. The PA said "Ding-Dong! Time's up! Your train ride is over! We are approaching Kanto and Indigo Plateau Station."

Laura stuffed the map into her briefcase and got up.

"While in the Indigo Plateau be sure to meet up with Prof. Oak." Looker said as he buttoned up his coat.

"Isn't he in Pallet Town?" Laura said as she walked towards the car's door.

"The professor is Oak's grandchild." Looker said before he did a brief hand wave good-bye.

"Blue Oak: Pokémon Professor. Who would of thought?" she said to herself as she walked briskly towards the exit of the train up front.

"Welcome to Kanto, Miss." said the conductor with a grin.

Laura jumped off onto the platform, and into Kanto.

Chapter 10: Waiting On The World To Change

The morning sun peered through the wet leaves as the smell of dew rose in the air. Laura eyed all of the trains coming to and fro. "Lake of Rage-To Johto" "Indigo Plateau Village-At Kanto" "Goldenrod City to Saffron City- To Johto From Kanto To Johto" read a few signs in the station. Laura walked from the smoke filled station to the grasslands of the Indigo Plateau Village. Over the hill she stood on was a small town, with a dome shaped building in the center with the letters "LAB" written in large red print across the front.

"Why do they always put labs in the middle of nowhere?" grumbled Laura before she jumped from the hill towards the town, and traveled on a paved path with artificial sand, with the word "INDIGO" engraved onto it. After a short walk she was at last at the dome shaped lab building. Laura read the notice on the door.

"Oak Pokémon Lab: Wisdom for beginners, tea for everyone." the notice read.

"I could go for some tea." Laura said groggily, rubbing her head.

Laura pushed open the large double doors to reveal a rather homely lab. There was a wooden table at the center of a rug on the floor with a few pillows surrounding it. To the right of that was a tea maker on a cabinet, a stair case leading upstairs and a stair case that led downstairs. They walked in on the wooded floor as a sweet aroma filled the air.

"How may I help you?" said a long blond haired women with a white lab coat over a high-collared green shirt and a pair of blue pants.

"I'm with the International Police." said Laura as she flashed her ID. "I was wishing to speak with Prof. Oak."

"Hello." the lady said with a little wave.

"I was expecting you to be a bit...uh...male-er?" Laura said as she cursed Looker under her breath for not better informing her.

The lady chuckled. "No, I'm DAISY Oak, Pokémon Professor of Happiness and Trainer Relationships."

"Now, I was informed you have intel. about the transformations and how they work?" said Laura sternly.

"Yes." Daisy nodded and walked down a flight of stairs towards the basement. Laura followed her, as she flipped on a light switch which revealed a punch of view screens, with a lot of information about Team Rocket visible.

"Quite the encyclopedia here." said Laura as she smirked, before she took a look around.

"Indeed." said Daisy as she sat down in a chair in front of the screens. "Anyway, I have found out how they do it."

She brought up a screen with a Magikarp, with an arrow pointed to a Gyarados, and an overlay of the Lake of Rage.

"The forced-evolution project, foiled by Crys and Lance, I think is a component of this project." she said, before she brought up another screen with a black silhouette of a Pokémon with an arrow pointed to a human being.

"I think they are using a similar approach to forcedly 'evolve' Pokémon into humans, and they do this using unnatural evolution induced by radio waves. But what gain do they get with doing this you may ask, well." she brought up another screen, with a full chain laid out. A Mew was presented at the top, with an arrow that pointed down to a human, before it pointed down to a Mew in a Poké Ball.

"Basically, legendary Pokémon are much easier to catch if they aren't the ferocious beings they actually are, and once you turn them back into Pokémon, they will be under your control." she explained as she pointed to places in her graphic as she went along.

"But why haven't they caught a Legendary Pokémon yet?" asked Laura, looked over the chart.

"I don't think they have figured out a method of turning the Pokémon back into Pokémon after they turn them human. My data, and presumably your data, is consistent with that view. Come now, there is places you need to go" replied Daisy before she got up, and walked back upstairs with Laura behind her who sighed at the prospect. She sat down on a cushion on the wooden floor with Daisy.

"Now, in terms of strategy, I postulate Saffron City to be a good place for Team Rocket to want to capture to broadcast their waves to Pokémon. Go there and find their headquarters, and this problem can be safely averted. To get there from here you'll need to go to Goldenrod." said Daisy as she began to sip a cup of tea.

Laura walked out the door and waved.

"Thank you for all your help." she said before she walked out into the open.

She went to the train station and boarded a train to Goldenrod.

Now all I can do is wait...I hate waiting.

Chapter 11: Counter-Attack

Alex, Jackie, and Lucille had walked to the National Park north of Goldenrod City via Route 35, in order to obtain new Pokémon seeing as how all of theirs were recently deceased. They walked into a small building, and noted a small crowd of people gathered around the other side of the door.

A man in a magenta suit with golden bug badge ontop of his billed hat smiled at them and said,

"Today is a Tuesday. That means its Bug Catching Day!" he gave a little jump in excitement. "The rules are different than normal today because this is the first anniversary of the first bug Pokémon caught in this park- we will be giving everyone 20 Park Balls, and 20 minutes. Instead of getting to use your Pokémon you use bait and rocks like in the old days. Its free and a lot of fun!"

Alex nodded and did not soak in the man's enthusiastic mode and said dryly, "I am interested. Sign me up immediately."

Jackie gave a thumbs up with her right hand and added with just as much dryness, "Same here."

Lucielle looked at them both and sat down on a chair to wait for them inside. Alex and Jackie took their Park Balls and exited into the tall grass of the park.

Jackie threw some bait and saw a Caterpie slowly walk up to it, before she threw a Park Ball at it. It wiggled around for a bit before it rested. Jackie clapped her hands in joy and put the Caterpie on her belt.

Alex meanwhile threw rocks at a Scyther. It slowly got agitated before it ran away. Alex snapped his fingers in disappointment, which caught the attention of a fuzzy purple Pokémon. It waddled over with its large cream feet and looked at Alex with its large red eyes, as its white antenna twitched. Alex cautiously grabbed a Poké Ball, before throwing it in a flash which sucked the Venonat into the vortex. The Poké Ball almost instantly rested on the ground. Alex smirked and placed it in his belt.

"20 minutes are up! Come back in!" said the magenta uniformed man.

Crowds flooded in, as he started to call out prizes. Alex and Jackie didn't even peak the top, put the now got what they came for: Pokémon. They left the building, with Lucille who walked close behind them.

"Aww...who are they?" said Lucille as she examined the Pokémon from inside the Poké Balls.

"My Pokémon is named Vinnie." said Alex as he smiled delighted at his new friend.

"I haven't named mine yet." said Jackie as she looked at the Caterpie. "How about Betterflee? Like Butterfree but more intimidating."

"Hi Vennie, hi Betterflee." said Lucille to the Poké Balls as she nuzzled them with her nose.

They walked back to Goldenrod to heal their new Pokémon, and Jackie and Alex began to laugh light-heartedly at Lucille's behavior with nuzzling the Pokémon inside their Poké Balls and-

A loud roar drowned out all other sound, as a familiar Charizard flapped in clutching bloody white tattered rags.

<<YOU DID THIS!>> Flamie screamed in Pokémon language and dropped the rags in front of the group. <<YOU KILLED MY MASTER!>>

Lucille tried to rectify the situation and dashed in front of the others. <<But we...>>

<<YOU KILLED THEM ALL! PREPARE TO DIE!>> Flamie spewed fire all over the place, as Lucille, Jackie, and Alex began to run closer to the train station.

<<BURN! BURN IN HELL LIKE YOU DESERVE HUMANS!>> Flamie roared as a cloud of smoke and soot started to follow behind the running trio.

"Go Misdreavus!" a girl's voice shouted.

Someone threw out a yellow Ultra Ball in between Flamie and the trio. A black and dark swamp green ghost formed before them. The red irises in its yellow eyes were transfixed on the Charizard. The red beads of the 'necklace' and strands of 'hair' wisped wildly as she swooped right in front of it.

"Use Mean Look!" said the girl not visible by the group. Misdreavus' eyes turned black and large as her face distorted into horrifying shapes.

Flamie began to cower in fear of the ghost.

"Misdreavus use Perish Song." the girl ordered.

Misdreavus started to sing what sounded like a bow of a violin missing every note until it started to grind against the wood of the instrument itself. "LA-LA-ALALA-LA" black waves poured out of her mouth as bright red static appeared around the Charizard. Flamie to move but was still paralyzed by fear, before collapsing fainted on the tracks. The girl threw a strange glowing Poké Ball that made Flamie disappear into it.

A lady with a black trench coat, suitcase and hair, red necklace, and an air of authority approached the group.

"I am International Agent Laura." she said as she flashed a badge to the group. "And I want to know what you know about Pokémon transforming into humans."

Jackie and Alex shrugged as Lucille looked around nervously.

"I-I know something about that." said Lucille as she grasped her wrists.

Last edited:
I haven't really had much of a chance to read the whole thing yet and don't have time right now, but can I suggest spacing out your paragraphs, to start? I'm getting the impression that you wrote this in Word (or similar) with just indents/tab characters to delineate new paragraphs and speakers, but that doesn't work on a forum because the text field doesn't recognize the tab character. Stories meant to be posted on the internet should have paragraphs separated by pressing the Enter/Return key twice

like so. It would make this a great deal easier to read.

Also, was it necessary to keep both revisions in the same thread, especially with no comments on the first one? You could've just edited the other one into the first post.

3.0 revision, Super Serebii edition (SS) is being created, does any one have any recommendations on what to change?

Back
Top Bottom