• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
challenging Espeon and Nyuu to that triple battle that we've been meaning to do since like early last year... hrm.

3vs3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 14 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Ponyville Square

In some kind of weird crossing of fandom universes, the battlers find themselves in a cheery, brightly-coloured place called Ponyville, which is apparently populated with small technicolour horses. The battleground is about the size of two tennis courts side-by-side and is paved with mauve cobblestones. At the centre of the square lies a wide, round fountain (decorated adorably with tiny alabaster ponies around the edge) suitable for most water pokémon (bar the huge ones like wailord and stuff). There are a couple of ponies littered about the edge of the square, but they're only spectators because we couldn't get any to participate. The square is surrounded by cutesy homes and shops owned by the residents of Ponyville; while the buildings are not indestructible, Mayor Mare has requested that the battlers do not leave this boundary.

it's time to d-d-d-d-d-duel

Who wishes to battle me?

Type of Match: single 4 on 4 match
Style: Set
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: 1-hit KOs.
Arena: The Kinleaf Battle Garden

The Kinleaf Battle Garden is located in Kinleaf Town, a small town in the Gildor Region that is surrounded by the luxious Kinleaf Forest. Apart from being the first gym, the Battle Garden is also the loction where many trainers who are on their journey could meet up and battle. The arena can be set up to each trainer's need. In this battle, the Garden is littered with rocks and has a huge electric fence surrounding it.

Who wishes to battle me?

The Kinleaf Battle Garden is located in Kinleaf Town, a small town in the Gildor Region that is surrounded by the luxious Kinleaf Forest. Apart from being the first gym, the Battle Garden is also the loction where many trainers who are on their journey could meet up and battle. The arena can be set up to each trainer's need. In this battle, the Garden is littered with rocks and has a huge electric fence surrounding it.

Hmm...

Alright, I'll take you!

I have to start somewhere...

2 vs 2 double
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, 5 Chill/Pokémon, No Direct Healing
Arena: An Flooding City

Description: We are in a city that is being overtaken by water. Every 5 rounds, the water reaches the battlers and each has the option to pick up and move, only if it is agreed. Or they can wait 2 more rounds in which they will have to move to a differnet area to continue the battle.

I have to start somewhere...

2 vs 2 double
DQ: A week
Banned Moves: OHKO, 5 Chill/Pokémon, No Direct Healing
Arena: An Flooding City

Description: We are in a city that is being overtaken by water. Every 5 rounds, the water reaches the battlers and each has the option to pick up and move, only if it is agreed. Or they can wait 2 more rounds in which they will have to move to a differnet area to continue the battle.

I'll take you on; my first double battle >:U

And what does it specifically mean by move to another arena? As in a completely different arena...?

Oh, and is this your first battle?

I'll take you on; my first double battle >:U

And what does it specifically mean by move to another arena? As in a completely different arena...?

Oh, and is this your first battle?

By move to a different arena, I mean move away from the flooded area. So that is we are in a park (where we will start) and that area floods, we move to an area that hasn't been flooded yet.

Yes this is my first battle. I joined TCoD yesterday.

Nyuu has volunteered to be my comeback match!

3v3 Single
Switch
1 Week DQ
70% Damage Cap
Banned: OHKO, direct healing limited to 3 (overall, not per pokémon)
Arena: A rocky cenote
The battle will happen in a cenote. The water around four and a half feet deep, with the walls going up another seven feet above the surface. The walls are very similar to those in the picture at the top of the wiki page: lots of horizontal cracks and vegetation growing out. Pokémon may climb on the walls, but they cannot leave the cenote. Numerous rocks create platforms of various sizes scattered around the cenote, with one large circular one in the center, around 6 feet across. The rocks start out reasonably dry, with the only moss being on ones too small to stand on, but if the water gets sloshed around or it rains, they get rather slippery, especially as they get further away from the center.

2v2 Double
1 Week DQ
50% Damage Cap
Banned: OHKO, perish song, direct healing limited to 3 (overall, not per pokémon)
Arena: Dragonfly Meadow

Every night, dragonflies gather in this meadow, celebrating the beautiful flowers that bloom only in the presence of moonlight. Stars fill the sky, and occasionally, Beautifly wander about. The moon bathes the entire field in a gentle glow.

I'll ref Deadfan22 vs TruetoCheese and Skylark vs Ruler of Houndooms Nightmane, but thread'll probably only be up by Wednesday. (So if any faster ref would rather take one, go ahead.)

Last edited:
Who wishes to battle me?

I shall acept that challenge, Skylark....

:grin:

Lets battle!!!
You're full up on battles. You can't make or accept new challenges until you clear some of the ones you already have.

2v2 Double
1 Week DQ
50% Damage Cap
Banned: OHKO, perish song, direct healing limited to 3 (overall, not per pokémon)
Arena: Dragonfly Meadow

Every night, dragonflies gather in this meadow, celebrating the beautiful flowers that bloom only in the presence of moonlight. Stars fill the sky, and occasionally, Beautifly wander about. The moon bathes the entire field in a gentle glow.

Since I'm technically an active ref, sure! Why not. Taking. (unless you really want it Nightmane, either way)

I need more stuff to do derp.

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct healing, Rain Dance

Arena: Rainy Circle

One of the hidden Sanctuaries of Eagleland, it's a quiet, serene place that nonetheless contains a ethereal and soothing energy. Just being here seems to bring back old, pleasant memories in those who stand in its boundaries. As the trainers exit the cave leading to the Sanctuary, they are met with a small clearing bordered by tall cliffs. The grass is lightly dusted with snow. What makes this area stand out is a single cloud hanging very low in the sky, perpetually raining into a small, round pond.

Despite the snow, hail is not randomly present. The rain in the Rainy Circle will not be affected by weather moves and is constant. Due to the nature of the area, rain can't be summoned anywhere else. All other weather moves are fine.

I need more stuff to do derp.

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct healing, Rain Dance

Arena: Rainy Circle

One of the hidden Sanctuaries of Eagleland, it's a quiet, serene place that nonetheless contains a ethereal and soothing energy. Just being here seems to bring back old, pleasant memories in those who stand in its boundaries. As the trainers exit the cave leading to the Sanctuary, they are met with a small clearing bordered by tall cliffs. The grass is lightly dusted with snow. What makes this area stand out is a single cloud hanging very low in the sky, perpetually raining into a small, round pond.

Despite the snow, hail is not randomly present. The rain in the Rainy Circle will not be affected by weather moves and is constant. Due to the nature of the area, rain can't be summoned anywhere else. All other weather moves are fine.
Takin this

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO’s, no direct healing moves, any moves that transfer held items (eg. Fling, Thief, Covet, Trick, etc.)
Arena: The Item Jumbler

This arena is a large, rectangular room, with sufficient space for a typical Pokemon battle. A small pond lines the side of the arena for water types, and the ground is made of soft earth for ground types. The main (and quite noticeable) difference between this room and other arenas is the large machine that is fixed to the ceiling. The machine rumbles loudly, with several dozen items bouncing around inside a huge vacuum chamber. As each Pokemon is sent out, an item shoots out one the many tubes hanging down from the machine for the Pokemon to retrieve. In this match, Pokemon are stuck with whichever held item they get until they either faint or switch out. The items that may come out of the machine are as follows:

Big Root, Destiny Knot, Focus Band, Iron Ball, Lagging Tail, Lax Incense, Mental Herb, Quick Claw, Shed Shell, Smoke Ball, Sticky Barb, White Herb, Absorb Bulb, Air Balloon, Binding Band, Brightpowder, Cell Battery, Focus Sash, Grip Claw, Power Herb, Quickpowder, Rocky Helmet, Scope Lens, Shell Bell, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Leftovers, Light Clay, Red Card, and/or Ring Target.

Each item is selected at random for the Pokemon as soon as it’s on the field (the odds of any one specific item coming out are all equal). When a Pokemon faints/switches, a claw extends from the machine to retrieve that Pokemon’s item, and it will not be reused for the remainder of the match. The machine is impervious to all forms of damage, and cannot break.

Other: If a Pokemon already has a held item, it will be temporarily removed at the beginning of the match, and returned once the match is over.

Basically this is just a normal battle with random held items, if you want to be boring about it.

Dropping this to peruse a different battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom