• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Hoenn Region

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
Every kid dreams of it. A chance to go out into the world, discover new things, go to new places. And today, you get to experience it.

^^^^^

You're a new trainer from Littleroot Town, Hoenn, and you have just reached your 10th birthday. Your father has just given you five pokeballs and your first pokemon, so you bolt out the door onto Route 101, eager to start your quest.

As you start onto the Route, you find a shining stone in the center of the path. You pick it up, and then start moving again.

^^^^^

In this Zone, you will be traveling throughout the Hoenn region, if you hadn't suspected that already. The Pokemon you find will be based on the find rates of the games.​

Other stuff you must know:
  • Entrance fee is $5.
  • This Zone will be in roleplay format
  • The stone you pick up at the beginning will be either a Sapphire, Ruby, or Emerald. The stone you pick up determines the game that you will play in.
  • Your starter Pokemon may be any unevolved Pokemon from your PC.
  • If you are running low or are out of Pokeballs, you may purchase them at the nearest Pokemart for $1.
  • If you want to stop at any time, just declare that you are heading back home.

Enjoy yourselves.

Last edited:
After handing over her money, Derpy turns towards her Charmander, Charlie. The two walk towards the grass slowly, until something sparkly catches Derpy's eye. She picks up the blue stone with a smile on her face, and walks into some grass.

Immediately, you start to see Pokemon. A wild Zigzagoon bolts out from behind a tree, and scampers around your feet in that zigzaging motion it always runs in. You try to determine on whether or not to catch it. There are millions of these around Hoenn, so you're likely to find another if you really wanted one. But hey, a catch is a catch, right?

Derpy squees at the sight of the zigzagoon, causing the Pokemon to jump a little and Charlie to roll his eyes. She tosses her Pokeball with glee, hoping she doesn't miss the adorable Pokemon in front of her.

The Zigzagoon looks at Derpy confusedly, just in time to have a Pokeball hit her square in the nose. The Pokemon entered the ball, which wobbled only once, and finished with a satisfying "click." You have caught your first Pokemon.

Derpy smiles, and pockets her Pokeball. She decides to look into another patch of grass north of where she is. Charlie follows, shaking his head but looking around for a tough Pokemon to fight.

[Pokemon Caught: Zigzagoon (F)
Remaining Pokeballs: 4
Total Fee: $5]

As you reach the second patch of grass, you notice a rather large Wurmple. The Wurmple sees you, and attempts to hide in the grass. However, he isn't doing a very good job at it, seeing as how his tail spikes are sticking up.

Derpy shrugs, and moves on. Charlie runs up to the Pokemon and starts showing off before quickly dashing behind Derpy to avoid the Wurmple's poison sting attack.

You see no more Pokemon at the moment, but Oldale Town is but a stones throw away from here.

As you trek down the route east of Oldale, you don't appear to see anything new. You see a male Zigzagoon sunbathing in the grass, and to your left, you see a female Wurmple trying to spin a cocoon.

I choose to ignore both pokemon, and continue down the route. Charlie skips around, throwing stones at the other pokemon. When they try to chase after him he burns them down with a flamethrower and sticks his tongue out.

One pokemon who had gotten hit with a stone, however, was smarter than the rest. She had been expecting the flamethrower, so she dodged it and clamped down on Charlie with a Bite. You turn around to see a Poochyena trying to tear the leg off your Charmander!

Quickly, I turn around and throw the Pokeball at the Poochyena. Charlie flinches and falls over, grabbing his leg and making pained noises.

You just caught a Poocheyna! As you walk past a small pond, you notice that there's a Good Rod with no owner by the edge of the water. A Pokemon tugs lightly on the line. You could catch it, and it wouldn't hurt if the owner never found out...

I go towards the good rod, and pull back as hard as I can. Charlie keeps watch, making sure no one else comes up.

After handing over $5, Laprs (that is what I call myself in the games, that is what I call myself in the Hoenn Region) bolts out of the door with Tidal Wave, a trusty old Mudkip, all ready. He picks up the Emerald stone, in hopes of finding Rayquaza and heads off to Route 101. (=D)

(Sorry for my lack of Safari Zone activity.)

Derpy/Noctowl
[Pokemon Caught: Zigzagoon (F) Poochyena (F)
Remaining Pokeballs: 3

As you tug on the rod, you see a patch of reddish orange. You start believing that it's a Magikarp, but as the pokemon finally breaks the water's surface, you realize that it's a male Corphish!

LL
(You do realize that you can't catch Rayquaza, right?)
[Pokemon Caught: None.
Remaining Pokeballs: 5

As you start your journey on Route 101, you encounter your first Pokemon! A female Wurmple pops her head above the grass and looks at you with big eyes.

LL
(You do realize that you can't catch Rayquaza, right?)
[Pokemon Caught: None.
Remaining Pokeballs: 5

As you start your journey on Route 101, you encounter your first Pokemon! A female Wurmple pops her head above the grass and looks at you with big eyes.

(... *facepalm*)
Laprs kneels down before the Wurmple, eye to eye. Tidal Wave seems uninterested as Laprs takes out a Poke Ball, and attempts to catch the Wurmple.

LL
[Captured Pokemon: Wurmple (M)
You successfully caught the Wurmple, but before you can pick up the ball, a Poo hyena swipes it away from you. You can hear her growling softly.

Back
Top Bottom