• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pause button on games

welding_keldeo

AWESOMENESS
Pronoun
she
So on this website I share with my friends, we have a few games. Except they're getting too laggy, so we need a pause button. Do any of you know the coding for that?

I have looked up multiple, and none of them worked. Thanks!!

It really, really depends on your code. Pausing in general is quite hard to do, in my experience. If one of you knows how to code, you should figure out how to fix it on your own on a case-by-case basis, or if none of you do you should consult whoever it was who made the games you're playing and ask them to add a pause button.

Again, you give almost no detail - what kind of games? What implementation? What language? (javascript?)

And I don't think pause buttons and lagginess have anything to do with each other. Lag is usually caused by too much data being forced through a narrow hole - which either means your internet connection is slow or the programming of the games is so inefficient that the processor running them can't do it all in real time (this issue would be solved with a faster computer, for example, or by writing a more efficient algorithm).

Sorry. So I was using just the .swf files of games that I found online, and plugging them into the HTML. So I need to make a pause button to put with the HTML.

And the lag, my computer isn't laggy. Nor is the internet. But once you get on the website, it sort of slows down a bit on the games page. The website is superloach.weebly.com/games.html for that page, so...

I think one of us could make a pause button, but the person that could is too lazy to do so.

Stealing games from other websites seems really, really morally wrong to me... perhaps you should wait to make a games page until you or your friends can learn how to make games yourselves.

It's not really stealing. You just have to find the .swf file, and many other websites "steal" games. With the .swf file, you just have to put it into the HTML and you get the game. It's basically public information...

But anyways, about a pause button...?

It is really stealing, unless the creator's made it clear that people are free to copy/repost the game as they like or you got their permission to use it. The fact that other sites do it doesn't make it less wrong.

To add a pause button you would first need software that can edit .swf files, but a pause button won't help your lag issues anyway.

Back
Top Bottom