• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress LOLAAC: The Most Intresting Clichefest You've Ever Read

Murkrowfeather

occasionally known as Giratina
The full name of this fanfic is not LOLAAC; that's just an abbreviation for the first words. In case you were wondering, the title is actually...

The Legend Of the Legendary Arcticuno Adventure Chronicled in a Book Slapped into a Fanfiction and the Adventure to Find it And Not be Cliche but Will End Up being Cliche Anyway!!!

Chapter One: AH CRUD.

My bed is really soft... Emily thought as she pulled up the covers of her bed, trying to get back to sleep. It was a Saturday. No school to bother with, so why should she get up? Her Articuno alarm clock let out a loud cooooooo.

"Shut up, Articuno." Emily grumbled. But then she realized something - she always turned off her alarm clock on Friday night so it wouldn't wake her up early - so why was it on now? As she turned around, she looked up at the Squirtle painted on her ceiling. Then she remembered what she had to do and turned to the alarm clock...

AH, CRUD. She was late!

The teenage girl quickly rushed around the room, thick brown hair in a tangled mess, dodging the clothes and Ice and Water Pokemon memorabilia as she snatched some clean clothes from her drawer across the room, got dressed, and thundered down the stairs.

"Honey, where are you going? You need to eat a good brea-" Her mother began, but Emily wasn't listening. She grabbed a banana, hugged her mom, and quickly said, "Loveyamomcheckonyoulaterkeepintouch bye!" And stormed out the door. Emily's mother could only roll her eyes.

Emily shoved open the door and tore down the lane, upsetting the Ratatta who was stalking a Weedle for it's breakfast. The Weedle shot off as fast as it could go, startled by the strange human going at nearly impossible speeds. The Ratatta could only glare at the darn human and go off in pursuit of the Weedle.

Panting, Emily stopped in front of the local Pokemon Lab. "Professor Driftwood? Where are you?" Emily asked as she entered the room. A Machoke stepped out from behind a huge machine.

"Oh, hello, dear. I take it you're here for your Pokemon?" The Machoke said warmly. Emily could only stare. "Who are you, where's Professor Driftwood, and is it hot in that Machoke suit?" The Machoke laughed. "Professor Driftwood. I am. And no, it is not hot - this is not a suit, simply a computer malfunction, and I had an AC installed yesterday."

"Thank Arceus!" A black-haired man in a white lab coat piped up from the other side of the room. "It was insanely hot in here!" "Be quiet, Karo, or shall I shut you in the back room again?" Karo whimpered loudly and disappeared behind a stack of papers. "Now then," Prof. Driftwood said happily as if she had not threatened her assistant a minute before, "You're here for the Pokemon, are you not?"

"Yeah...I am." Emily nodded. "Well, you see, I always order extra starters every season, because to run out of starters when a newbie walks in the door would be dreadfully cliche - unfortunately, some jerk nabbed all of my Pokeballs earlier this morning, so I can only give you this." The Machoke tossed a red-and-white Pokeball to the girl. "What is it?" She asked. "I don't know! I found it crammed in a tree - stupid Meowth problem, probably. Open it up, and find out." Emily shrugged. "Mystery Pokemon, GO!" She made a big scene of throwing the ball in the air. When it eventually came down - Professor Driftwood had a high ceiling, for some reason - a big puff of smoke emitted from somewhere, and when it finally cleared - it smelled like burnt waffles - a hyperventilating Snorunt was running around. But this was not just any hyperventilating Snorunt - it was a blue hyperventilating Snorunt. "Wow, whoever that Meowth nicked that from must be pretty sad right now. Well, off you go." Emily put the retro Snorunt back in it's Pokeball and walked out the door. "Good job, Karo." The assistant's hand came out in a thumbs-up behind a smoke machine. The Machoke rummaged in a box, and grabbed some spray paint. "Oh, more kids. Distract them while I prepare the 'starters'." The Machoke said as she entered a side room.

[[Note: If enough people show intrest, I will continue.]]​

Last edited:
I don't like the first two paragraphs for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it thought the story would start out exciting, when I didn't really care anyway because I don't expect anything from Emily anyway.

You can't create wind by running fast. O_o

The Ponyta metaphor broke the pace for me.

Make a new paragrpah whenever someone else talks.

"Lalalala," said Adam. "Oh, hi Ron."

Ron blinked for a few seconds. "Do I know you?" he asked.

I'm not going to read the last two paragraphs until you fix this. It's just too hard for me.

Last edited:
Fixed. c= And what I meant was when you run fast, if you have long hair, it trails out behind you, and it looks like it's blowing in wind.

Well...
Yes. Seems interesting. I can't really critique yet since I'm not entirely sure what the plot is yet, so I'll be watching this.

Cliche enough for me! I wanna see what the Snorunt does. Freeze Emily like Pikachu does Ash? 8D

Back
Top Bottom