• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

@Eifie: Wait, a tie doesn't count as our one abstain? That changes things.

As for that plan which i somehow totally missed wtf, that sounds reasonable. Who did you have in mind for the cop to investigate?

@RNP: Huh? I feel like I've been rather active in this game, at least probably moreso than the inactive peeps and you.

And "for the sole purpose of keeping the tie" was not the case, as the tie was enabled by Eifie. Had ILS not switched from MF to you, there would still be a tie. Your logic isn't making entirely a lot of sense here.

I'm feeling pretty meh about RNP, but from my experience with him he pretty much just always makes himself look scummy and I don't know how to distinguish between scummy town RNP and just scum RNP.
:(

We can always just force a tie to get infinite abstains while we're not in a must-not-mislynch situation, by the way. I asked Keldeo about this when I was telling him how silly the tie vote -> no lynch thing was before the game. :p

I wonder if no lynch might actually be the way to go... Can people give thoughts on the below quote from earlier plz.

I was wondering about this. With this confirmation, DA, what do you think?

@RNP: Huh? I feel like I've been rather active in this game, at least probably moreso than the inactive peeps and you.

I mean, you just disappear for, like, a whole page at a time half the time, only interjecting with like two lines of text at a time. Short, hard to read, not illuminating.

And "for the sole purpose of keeping the tie" was not the case, as the tie was enabled by Eifie. Had ILS not switched from MF to you, there would still be a tie. Your logic isn't making entirely a lot of sense here.

Yeahhhhhh... worded poorly. As in, I assumed we would keep the tie until EOD, such that I wasn't worried about being lynched, and had no reaction as such.

As for that plan which i somehow totally missed wtf, that sounds reasonable. Who did you have in mind for the cop to investigate?

Checking either me or MF seems like the best idea, I think. I would prefer myself because I know that this means the cop won't have to out themself.

If we were to do this, I think the best thing here would be to abstain (preferably through means of a tie). This means that we don't risk trying to lynch the cop right now and forcing them to claim, and also that the mafia has one extra person to pick from tonight and is less likely to get lucky and hit the cop.

@RNP: Yeah no, knowing now that we have theoretically infinite abstains, I'm all for keeping the tie now.

And valid, but those pages I was absent from were mostly just MF, Eifie, and Butterfree debating amongst each other. It's a bit hard to get a word in edgewise.

@Eifie: Makes sense, okay. So we have the cop investigate you, and it should go without saying the doctor protect you as well. Is that plan good with everyone else?

@Eifie: Makes sense, okay. So we have the cop investigate you, and it should go without saying the doctor protect you as well. Is that plan good with everyone else?

Disagree about the doctor protecting me. I think the doctor should protect whoever they want.

I was about to ask why but then I actually thought about it, your way's smarter.

And nobody influence the doctor! The less everyone knows about who the doctor trusts the most, the better.

By the way:

ILS and Flora though?

I meant in a majority sense, even if the majority is like, four people.

And in ILS's case, he's sort of participated by at least giving a reason for his vote? It's not much, but it's more than I could have said about RNP before now.

For the record, if my activity/responsiveness has been spotty, I'd say this is primarily because I'm stuck in a sleep deprivation cycle that I should maybe not have joined a mafia game in the middle of, and secondarily because I pick and choose when I engage with a player that I'm suspicious of. (although, for clarity, not sharing my thoughts on DarkAura earlier was the former; I'd meant to but it kept slipping me by)

I realize this sort of thing is like, indistinguishable from being scum, but I'll just have to live or die with that.

For the record, volunteering to get copped when nobody else is particularly likely to make a counter-offer actually makes me quite a bit less suspicious of Eifie. Admittedly that wasn't such a hard FoS I had anyway, but being incisive, if riskier, tends to be more fruitful.

Of course, I wouldn't mind getting confirmed, myself, but I still have to put some thought into what information helps the town as a whole the most instead of just what makes the game easier for me.

Anyways, do we actually get more Days out of blowing the abstain/pseudo-abstain horn now? It's like, I don't mind expending it whatsoever, but it's like... yeah, we won't be in LyLo next Day, but we'd still be in MyLo, and without the possibility of abstaining that's the same shit as being in LyLo.

We keep the possibility of abstain if we no lynch through a tie instead of by actually voting abstain.

Also, I'm putting DarkAura in my town pile for now. She answered quite well to my earlier doubts and I think it was genuine, especially now that I realize how my post #24 can be otherwise interpreted... She's been displaying original thought and I like that a lot. I think she looks good from the back-and-forth with RNP just now.

We keep the possibility of abstain if we no lynch through a tie instead of by actually voting abstain.
... Huh, I thought Keldeo was clarifying the exact opposite, but on rereading the post, well.

That sure is an exploit and a half! So... much as I despise abstaining (or fake-abstaining as it were), a mislynch is significantly more dangerous in this setup than usual, so I'm all for it.

I gotta go soon and I guess we're decided anyway, so I just want to say thanks everyone for having a productive D1 with me for possibly the first time in a tcodf mafia game. It was great and you're all great.

Cop, investigate me tonight and tomorrow do not speak up about the result unless you get a guilty.

(Sorry about big letters, want to make sure everybody in the game reads that.)

Final Day 1 Votes:

RedneckPhoenix (3): M&F (#57), I liek Squirtles (#80), DarkAura (#92)
Eifie (3): Butterfree (#62), Eifie (#76), RedneckPhoenix (#93)
Not voting: Flora

With a tie, no one was lynched. 48 hours for night actions.

(late flavor!)

The townspeople quickly decide that the best course of action is, of course, to kick people out from the gathering until the conspirators admit defeat. They debate through the day about who the most likely secret killers are, and who it would be best to exile, with everyone speaking up.

When it comes to what cats say, some cats roar, and some cats purr! The lion (native to sub-Saharan Africa and India) roars, while the snow leopard (which lives in Central and South Asia) purrs. No cat both roars and purrs, a difference that some but not all researchers attribute to the structure and formation of a certain bone, the hyoid bone in the neck. Domestic cats purr with a frequency from 25 to 150 Hertz.
Their conversation is spirited enough that they barely notice how much time has passed until someone points out the growing darkness despite the overcast sky. It's clear that they must decide soon - and so they decide that the best way forward is to keep everyone around for another day. The townspeople head to bed tense, not knowing what the night will hold...

With a tie, no one was lynched. It is now Night 1.

(Ending the night 24 hours early because I've received all actions!)

Sunrise sees the sleuths of Meowfialand approach their usual gathering place with narrowed eyes and uneasy expressions. They quickly find that their wariness is justified: DarkAura is nowhere to be seen. It seems the mysterious cabal has finally made a move.

Hello, DarkAura!

You are Jaguar, the Town Unhealable Cop! The biggest big cat of South America, jaguars have a distinctive coat pattern called rosettes, which you can tell from leopards by the jaguar rosette's central spot. Unlike many cats, jaguars are strong swimmers and have been seen diving to catch animals. Jaguars tend to listen before ambushing prey, rather than chasing them down.

Every night starting Night 1, you can target another player in order to learn whether they are Town or Mafia.

You can't be healed. In other words, if the Doctor ever targets you, their action will fail. Neither you nor the Doctor will be informed that this is the case.

You win when all Mafia are dead.
An investigation turns up more clues. Near DarkAura's typical spot, a small scrap of paper reading "So far, I have learned tha", the rest of the sentence torn away. Two round stones - perhaps left behind by the perpetrator, perhaps just two round stones. DarkAura's notebook, detailing her views and suspicions, but the person who discovered it is soon accused of having fabricated pages overnight. With more information but one fewer voice, the townspeople begin the day's discussion with renewed focus.

DarkAura has died. She was Jaguar, Town Unhealable Cop.

It is now Day 2. 72 hours for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom