• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your All Time 5 Favourite Movies (Oh and least favourite)

Salazard

Nyom Nyom Nyom
Yeah so, do what the title says beetches.

=]

For me, my favourites:

5. Tie between: Wanted & Vanilla Sky
4. Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
3. The Butterfly Effect
2. Shaun of the Dead
1. Spirited Away =D

And the worst/most disapointing:

5. Any Harry Potter Movie
4. Twilight
3. Sunshine
2. The Grudge
1. Stormbreaker... Ergh... :dead:

I could probably do better if I wasn't so tired! =P

This is haaaard.

1: Priest
2: Any Monty Pyton film. I CAN'T CHOOSE ):
3: Ma Vie En Rose
4: Hot Fuzz
5: Clockwork Orange

pfft I have so many other films I love. Oh well. I don't really dislike any films because I only watch things I think I might like.

I'm not a huge movie buff, so there's a ton of films I've never seen, buuut....

(In no particular order)

- Forrest Gump
- The Breakfast Club
- WALL-E
- Labyrinth
- Edward Scissorhands

There's more than that, but those were five that came to mind.

And as for least favorites...I dunno, I haven't seen many films I've disliked, let alone hated. Maybe it's because I'm pretty selective about what I go see, I dunno. :\ But if I were to make a list anyway...

- Norbit (I seriously think this movie gave me an anyeurism...Not that I thought it would be good, nor did I willingly watch it. It happened to be playing in the same room one day and I was in a position where I couldn't move.)
- Juno (Someone's gonna kill me for this one, I just know it...)
- Anything by Seltzer and Friedberg (The geniuses behind Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and the like)
- Twilight. (I haven't even seen the movie, but from what I've read of the book...*shudder*)
- ...I dunno.

this is hard for me, mostly because i am not nearly as objective about movies as i am about music or books. the last five movies i enjoyed include

1 - control
2 - the breakfast club
3 - sixteen candles
4 - st. elmo's fire
5 - slumdog millionaire

three 80s movies sandwiched between two movies that came out in the last two years. yeah.

as far as least favorite movies go, i don't have many for reasons explained above, but i probably enjoyed twilight the least out of any movie that i can remember. the dark knight was not very good to me, either.

2001 is my favourite film. I hate putting things in order, so I don't really know what would come next, but best film of last year (I have been watching lots of those lately) was Wall-E. Followed quite closely by Frost/Nixon.

1) Back to the Future
2) Wayne's World
3) Bruce Almighty
4) School of Rock
5) Quadrophenia
6) Highlander

I put 6 in there since I could not decide which one to leave out :( though I love like a bazillion films to bits aaaaaa

as for least favourites...
High School Musical 2. IT DID MY FREAKING HEAD IN. My sister watched it like 7876954 times when she first got the dvd...
almost everything else she owns on dvd, y'know crappy teenage american girl films... I don't even watch them, I just hear them in the background and ugh

yeah I can't really make a least favourite list :v

Oh, gosh...this is going to be hard to choose. But alright:

My favorites(not necessarily in order):

1.) The Dark Knight
2.) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
3.) Starship Troopers
4.) Titanic
5.) Easter Parade

Yes, I have a very odd range of taste. It's pretty weird going from Batman to Judy Garland. As for least favorites, I don't really have any(and even though Twilight annoys me, I'm not going to say that I hate it.)

1) Lord of the Rings (all of them)
2) A Beautiful Mind
3) A.I.
4) Ben Hur
5) I think the Bourne stuff would fit in here

Last edited:
Off the top of my head (ask me in a month's time and the answers'll probably be totally different):

1. Rent
2. V for Vendetta
3. Little Miss Sunshine
4. Imagine Me & You (shuddup)
5. Howl's Moving Castle

Honourable mentions go to Kiki's Delivary Service, Spirited Away, If These Walls Could Talk (1 and 2), The Incredibles, Thelma and Louise, Groundhog Day, Terminator 2, Foxfire, Mulan, Billy Elliot, Bound and Fried Green Tomatoes.

I really didn't like Independence Day, King Kong, The Terminal, Knocked Up or Stormbreaker.

I loathed Superbad, the Saw films and Sin City.

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
3. The Phantom of the Opera
4. Any of the Hannibal Lecter movies (including Red Dragon)
5. The Company of Wolves
Shaun of the Dead is worth an honorable mention
Worst... hmm, I'd probably have to say the Back to the Future series, the Home Alone series and pretty much any Disney life-action flick.
Oh, and High School Musical anything. God.

1. V
2. Stardust
3. The Illusionist
4. Beowulf
5. The Brothers Grimm (the ghost scene at the start)

Be aware that I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel with the last three. I can only say that they didn't completely suck, not that I like them.

5. Mean Girls
4. Love Actually
3. Oliver & Company
2. Pan's Labyrinth
1. Airplane!

Honourable mentions: Bolt, Disturbia, About A Boy, Hot Fuzz and Juno.

I'm not very good at picking films I didn't like, though. D: I read summaries and don't go to see films I deem boring, so I tend to only watch things I end up enjoying.

5. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Casablanca
3. Black Book
2. Letters from Iwo Jima
1. Stalingrad

Honorable Mentions: Almost Famous, Airplane!, Flags of our Fathers, Downfall, Princess Mononoke, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Toki wo Shoujo Kakeru), The Matrix, Who Am I?, Shaun of the Dead, Terminator 2, Breach

Spirited Away in sort of on limbo for me. I think I just watched it too many times.

Films I did not like? I'm pretty good at picking out which films I'll like and which ones I won't like at a glance.
However, Flyboys looked cool (and the special effects did turn out cool) and I wanted a World War I film. Unfortunately, everything else about it sucked.
And then there was Pearl Harbor. I watched it in class, so I had little choice in the matter. Again with the neat action sequences and letdowns everywhere else.

Aaaah you guuuys stop reminding me of films I adore but forgot about~

I second heartily the following: Shawshank Redemption, Eternal Sunshine, Airplane! and Stardust.

No idea what my favorite movies would be... I don't watch movies often enough to make a definite "Top 5" list. I liked the whole Star Wars series (mostly the original trilogy, though the prequels--though they don't measure up to the originals very well--weren't nearly as bad as people claim they are), the Shrek series, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I still need to see the other Monty Python movies), the Austin Powers movies, and probably half a dozen others I can't remember.

EDIT: Speaking of those I couldn't remember, the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy. Can't believe I forgot it the first time.

And then there was Pearl Harbor. I watched it in class, so I had little choice in the matter.

Same here. That's one of the few movies I've ever literally fell asleep during (the other being Titanic... even trying to follow the subtitles when watching it in Spanish couldn't keep me awake.)

Couldn't stand Anchorman either. Not sleep-inducing, though I did leave the room about halfway through because it was just that bad.

Favourites:
1. Repo! The Genetic Opera
2. Red Dragon
3. The Breakfast Club
4. Pride and Prejudice
5. Titanic
...Aren't I manly.

Rage-Inciting:
1. Juno
2. HSM
3. Twilight
4. Some movie about racism that pissed me off so much because it was way over the top and stupid
5. "Epic Movie" and its incarnations

I barely ever watch movies, and I barely ever will until they make a Astroboy/Metroid/MOTHER movie, and the MOTHER movie would have to be anime-style, or else it will be shit.

But I have watched some movies, so my top list would be the following:

1. Kung-Fu panda
2. Scooby-Doo Meets the Brothers Boo (ಠ_ಠ)
3. Pokémon 3: The Movie
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (The best of the Potter movies in my opinion)
5. Garfield the Movie

I haven't seen enough movies to make a least favourite.

Back
Top Bottom