• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In which time period would you live in?

I'd like to visit the 1970s. An era of political and social upheaval as well as some of my favorite musical acts. I'd love to see it actually happen.

1970s in England or West Germany, or the Athenian democracy (as a citizen, of course!).

Generally the 1970s, but you have to be careful what you wish for, as most of the countries that weren't USA or Western Europe were under dictatorships or communist regimes back then.

I do like the world as it is now, though. I can't live without internet.

victorian england. fashion, society and corsets. i would want to be upper class though. or, a future with no discrimination. but i'd want to be reborn into that world, i never want to leave my friends.

If i could come back to the present, I'd go for the 90's for a day or a week or something...

And maybe go to the future....

Alright, I'd go anywhere if I had the power to return to the right time with no repercussions.

I might like to have a second go at living in the 90s, or pass some time in the 80s if only to see how awful they really were.
Realistically, I likely wouldn't be able to handle living in any other era. Maybe I'd like the future; I do hope it improves a few decades from now.
But end of the day, it seems safest to just keep living now.

A week ahead to learn the lottery numbers, then I'd go back!

to be honest I'm not really interested in visiting another era; I quite like where I am - so far, the height of technology - and I don't think I could go far into the future without returning and feeling discontent.

I'll stay right here thx

to be honest I would really wary about messing around with time if I had the power of time travel I'd be too scared to use it!!
can't I have the power of heart or something I probably wouldn't fuck that up

So far into the future that I could build a time machine so the question wouldn't be relevant anymore.

Naw, I'd have to go far future. I'm talking space stations, colonies on planets far away, space travel.

A week ahead to learn the lottery numbers, then I'd go back!

to be honest I'm not really interested in visiting another era; I quite like where I am - so far, the height of technology - and I don't think I could go far into the future without returning and feeling discontent.

why not just a week back, it's not as if the extra week would make a huge difference.

then ... do some research to find the largest lottery jackpot you would be eligible for, which you would be able to find the winning numbers for -- preferably winning numbers which nobody correctly selected. this is all research which can be done in the present.

mind, simply existing in that past in such a way that you could win a jackpot nobody won in the present would probably cause causal strangeness, which has a pretty damn good chance of affecting random number results, but.

Then again you have a time machine so you can always go back and fix it to make sure you win... of course unless one of those mix ups causes you to have a present/future where you lack a time machine... then you're screwed...

But if you didn't have a time machine in the present you can't have gone back in the first place meaning that it can never happen that you wouldn't have the time machine in the first place.

I think.

Damn time travel.

How does time travel work anyway? If you're traveling to the future, does it just randomly place you in one of the possible timelines that branched from the timeline you came from? And if you go to the past, do you leave an anchor in the present or are you transported to an alternate timeline present with the same root?

Back
Top Bottom