• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[R/B/Y/G/S/C] Do your old games still work?

Yellow: Still works fine.
Gold: Didn't hold saves from the day I got it for Christmas. ((Then again, couldn't find GameBoy Advance until Feburary))Then, a day later, noticed it was just a GB game, not a GBC. I was all like "...wut ;.;"

Red, Blue, and Yellow all work fine as far as I'm aware. Gold, which I played fairly recently, also works fine. Crystal is good too. The only one that doesn't work is Silver. It no longer stores saved games.

Guess I'm pretty lucky.

My sister and I combined have all of the above mentioned games.

Red: Cryptica owns it, ran out of internal battery a few months ago, but still playable.
Blue: I own it, but haven't played it for a while; is perfectly fine as far as I know.
Yellow: Just ordered it off of Amazon, and works fine. (actually, we have two copies.)
Gold: Internal battery doesn't work, but otherwise okay.
Silver: Cryptica has it, and it still has internal battery as far as I know.
Crystal: I have it, its internal battery doesn't work, but the file is great.

Red and Blue were bought at the same time, along with the blue Gameboy Pocket. Both still work, though Blue's internal battery is dead.
Yellow still works fine.
Gold worked fine until about three months ago; I was still playing it until around 2006.
Silver was stolen around 2003. Dunno.
Crystal still works.
Trading Card Game still works too. TCG is the only one I bought used.
Pokemon Pinball works too; just switched out the AAA battery in it.

Completely irrelevant, though, as I'm playing them with lameboy anyways.

Gameshark no longer works.
Prima's Red/Blue guide never worked. I got it out of a recycling bin in 1998; a lot of it was cut up, and the bits that weren't were often inaccurate.

Last edited:
Red - Works :D Yay~
Crystal - Nope. Whenever I don't play for 5 minutes, save file goes corrupt... but I have a ROM of that game now, so I can play it on the computer.

Silver: Battery died, no longer kept saves. Now works fine on its replacement battery.

All of them in fine working order since I replaced their batteries long ago.

Woah, where are you guys getting replacement batteries? =O I miss Silver so much, but it doesn't store saved files anymore. Silver was my first game, so it has much more nostalgia to me than Red, Blue, and Yellow ever will.

Red is working fine; I've been playing it lately to explore the glitches. =3 That's why I got Red and Blue. xD

Blue and Yellow both have their save files still, but I haven't actually played them in a while. Pretty sure they're both fine.

Silver doesn't hold save files anymore... ;_;

And Crystal's fine, though I'm scared that it's going to die soon. =(

Edit: Fwee! I found a guide to replacing the battery, so I replaced it, and Silver works now! <33

Last edited:
I own the following games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, and Pokemon TCG. All except Pokemon TCG were bought used.

Red: Works perfectly fine. It's pretty early in the game, and I named myself NekoPKMN (?).
Blue: Sadly, this one is lost. I hope I find it soon, since it was the only game where I was far enough to test out glitches.
Yellow: Works like a charm. I still have the first Mew I ever caught in it. :)
Silver: Works. The date and time on it are perfect still. I haven't picked this one up in a while, so I might sooner or later.
Pokemon TCG: Still works. I haven't played it for like ages.

EDIT 4/19/09: Unfortunetly, my Red isn't working right now. Maybe a minor problem? I'll try leaving it alone for a while and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom