• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

*blows horn and waves flag*

July 4th is overrated. And half the forum lives outside of America and wouldn't care. Perhaps I'm feeling rotten because I have to go see my relatives later today, but still.

Uh... *waves flag*

amerca rulz, britin sux lolz

Ya-hoo?

**********===========================
===================================
===========================================
===========================================

It'd be just a normal day for me if not for fucking fiery explosions of goodness. And barbecues. :3

All the good stuff is illegal in my state, so I'm stuck with sparklers and little things that are basically glorified sparklers. :(
They're illegal here too; Dad just smuggles them in from Wisconsin. Once we get 'em to the house the cops don't really care. :]

We're surprisingly doing nothing because my parents and some of my cousins went to a Yankees game. which is like three hours away.

:D?

Our family doesn't smuggle the fireworks; we just let our neighbors take that risk of firing them off in their backyards with dead, surprisingly flammable grass everywhere.

I don't think we're doing anything special today, though D: It's getting close to noon, my whole family (including me) is still in their pyjamas, hasn't showered or done anything of the sort, and I've run out of things to do online.

Yeah my family is just a bunch of lazy American bums.

I've been eating hot dogs all day and watching the 4th of July parade that goes past our street. As usual, my older brother and I laughed about "Beer belly Captain America", who is.. exactly what he sounds like. ("Now Captain America truly embodies the American spirit!")
Overall, a good day. I love this holiday. ^^

Well, it's the fourth of July, and

surprise surprise,

it's raining D:<

I can't see the house across the street. And it's been like this all effing year.

Golden oppurtunity to watch An Inconvenient Truth up for grabs.

^ Dude, we watched that in my Environmental Science class. It's really quite eye-opening.

Yeah, it's raining here too. We can't even set off our crappy small fireworks. :( But I did get burgers and cobbler and watermelon.

We've done...nothing. I kept Nan company(she's in this kind of clinic where elder people go for therepy. She's gotta work on leg muscles and has some kind of infection in her stomach tract because of a case of colitis D8) annnd we ate burgers. No hot dogs though, imma full >:

Also we've been hearing cracks and shit, and some people run because a few weeks ago there was a bomb scare at the postal office :|

However, later we'll probably sit outside and listen to booming :3

..damn, I wish I was at the beach with my little cousing now. Lucky little bastard... >>;

It rained most of today! ....D:

Oh, well. I mostly just dicked around with some sparklers. Not nearly as awesome as last year, when my uncle smuggled some of the good stuff from Missouri. The best part was when the milk jug he was firing them from tipped over mid-launch and shot a ball of flaming hot exploding magnesium straight at everyone else. It actually went off on the ground, sending sparks everywhere. It was awesome.

We're in Canada right now, so no fireworks, those were on the First with Canada Day. Today was the only sunny day all week, so we're seeing it as a sign. S'mores for desert.

Back
Top Bottom