• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Idea Center

Speaking of TV Tropes mafia, since the mafia forum has been unusually active recently, would anyone be interested in a TV Tropes Mafia reboot as in completely new game, completely new players, probably some recycled roles but otherwise reimagined? I would really love to actually finish a TVT mafia.

If you're a beginner to mafia, where would be a good place to start after studying the rules?
Reading up on a few finished games could be helpful, if you just need to get the gist of it!

I'd like to recommend a simple and easy to read game but we haven't had much of those recently... Anyone remember any?

Yes yes yes tv tropes mafia yes yes

...as long as I don't die N0. Because that just wouldn't be any fun.

If you're a beginner to mafia, where would be a good place to start after studying the rules?
I would agree that looking over a few past games would be a good idea. This one in particular is a good example of how a mostly basic mafia game would be played. I personally think it's one of the best examples that a new mafia player could read through, both because of its simplicity and because it actually managed to be a full game. (no, the fact that I was GM has nothing to do with this opinion.)

Anyway, most other Mafia games you'll come across here follow the same format as the above, except with almost everyone having a role with an interesting and more fleshed out night action.

I have an idea for a mafia game that I REALLY WANT TO TRY OUT but I'm so busy now that school just started!

(hint: it's an expansion on Calvinball)

Small update: The "Calvinball Expansion" is in the slow cooker. (It's not fair to call it that anymore, though.) The end product will be finished in probably about a month. I've currently got a solid conceptual groundwork, and am starting to "color by number". It's almost like the game is inventing itself.

What I've got is essentially something I could put in a game design portfolio. It's not Calvinball, nor is it even really Mafia. And I'm pretty sure you guys will love it.

I haven't cared about Dangan Ronpa in a long time, but being a game of mafia in this forum that I for once am not hosting, I'd be so game.

TCoD-Fanfic-Mashup Mafia? We could play as any character or person on the forum!

TCoD-Fanfic-Mashup Mafia? We could play as any character or person on the forum!

I like that! There was already a username mafia a while ago, but new people deserves a new mafia like that! I would join.

I've had a couple of ideas for mafia games that could run in the near future and wanted to post them here to get feedback or gauge people's interest.

Sometime around the release date, I was thinking about a Sword and Shield Choice Pokemafia like the choice games from a few years back, where you can choose your flavor character, everyone gets a role, and the roles aren't revealed on death. I don't think I could do a good job with the setup if I were to host. I've also had some ideas for roles with the same mechanic as Double-Take Mafia, where everyone has two lives so a game with fewer players can be longer and less volatile, and maybe could combine the two if there aren't enough players for a larger game.

TinyHunt is a cool setup where all of the roles are known from the start but you can't break the game by claiming, there's a mechanic for dead players to keep participating, and alignment isn't revealed when people die. It is made for 13 people and I don't know if that many players would be interested.

Back
Top Bottom