• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon nicknames.

The old topic hasn't been posted in for a long time, so here you go...

Some of my weirder ones:

Snow Angel the Exploud(wtf?)
Ronny the Treecko
Sabaser the Seviper
Stilireg the Registeel
Pachi 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... the Pachirisu
Abzy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... the Absol
Meerca the Swampert(wtf?)
Bisquit(with a q) the Sneasel
Release the Houndoom
LOL the Lumineon
Seizure the Porygon
Slacker the Slakoth
O rly the Hoothoot
Leekspin the Farfetch'd
Meep2 the Wigglytuff
N00b the Forretress
Spot the Spinda
Persow the Meowth
Crunchie the Poochyena
Kofsy t the Koffing
Yo bro the Slowbro
. the Gyarados
A the Unown A, B the Unown B, ect.

And on Blue, I named all my Pokémon after memes(don't kill me...) like Spaghetti(YTP meme)(can't remember which one this was), Longcat(Nidoran female I think) and Mudkipz(Pikachu). My Charmander was Rickroll.

Last edited:
Frosty the Turtwig
Fellatio the Pikachu
Winston the Slowking
Rynoa the Absol

...That's all the ones I can think of right now.

EDIT: My current team on Fire Red is

Theo the Growlithe
Elora the Gloom
Illustra the Shiny Krabby <3
Turtlewax the Wartortle
Kyst the Golbat and
Reed the Eevee.

Last edited:
I sort of got annoyed at all the capital letters in my emerald, so I nicknamed:

Mudkip the MUDKIP
Bagon the BAGON
Beautifly the BEAUTIFLY
etc...

I have quite a lot of Pokemon that follow the Warriors books format of naming...

Flamewing the Charizard, Silverstream the Lugia, Moonshine the Umbreon etc...

I name my Pokémon real names, with the exception of legendaries which I only change so that the first letter is a big one.

The Pokémon I have have the following names:
Amanda the Infernape, named after my older sister.

Josefin the Roserade, named after a classmate.

Antonio the Drifblim, named after some crime lord I don't remember, but I think he was from the Godfather.

Nicholas the Lucario, I don't know, I just named him something cool.

Midna the Weavile, this is to obvious.

Bill and Bob the Bibarel's, my HM slaves, although I have some respect for them and Bibarel in general, which is ONLY thanks to BehindtG.

Baron the Lickilicky, Darkrai the movie anyone?

Vendetta the Froslass, I like that name.

Popo the Leafeon, I'm going to name my Glaceon in Platinum Nana, if it doesn't ring a bell then I'd say I named them after the Ice Climbers.

Maria the (currently) Kirlia, named after Maria, Ninten's grandmother from Mother/Earthbound zero

George the (also currently) Grimer, named after George, Ninten's grandfather from Mother/Earthbound zero

Dr. Hacks the Rotom, Rotom's hack possess stuff, right?

Tilda the (still currently) Misdreavus, got the idea from Gruntilda, the villain from Banjo-Kazooie, who is witch, like Mismagius is.

And that's about it.

I come up with all sorts of crazy fantastic nicknames!

Fiddle the Magikarp
"Vuvivu" the Spinda (yeah, I actually put the quotation marks there)
Jurck the Gyrados (he made himself hard to catch)

And then some of my less silly nicknames:

Asaros the Sceptile
Jeviis the Swellow
Riisons the Magnectric
Mersos the Gyrados
Xire the Sableye
Nione the Aggron
Hirana the Ninjask
Hiro the Shedinja
Relle the Ralts
Aechorre the Anorith
Blos the Swablu
Xetos the Mawile

Um, I named a Pokémon Away once. I forget what it was, but the trainer would always say "Go, AWAY!"

And I named an Electrode "MOOOOOOOOO" once. For no reason whatsoever.

I think the only really funny names I've used were on these two Magicarp in Leafgreen I caught for no apparent reason. Their names were Sushi and Catfood:P

Last edited:
Ariel the Vaporeon (Disney's mermaid, or the fairy in Shakespeare's "The Tempest")
Zelda the Gardevoir (after Princess Zelda)
Serena the Persian (after Sailor Moon's English name)
Luce the Ampharos (Italian for "light")
Estrella the Staraptor (Spanish for "star")

I remember that whenever my friend and I caught a pokemon in Yellow that we didn't like (usualy in the Safari Zone) we would always nickname it a bunch of blank spaces then shove in a box with other likewise pokemon. We'd have whole boxxes of pokemon named " "

All the Pokemon I catch from the Safari Zone are always called Safari, unless they are going on my main team.

All my other Pokemon are just named random stuff that sort of relates to their looks, attacks or types, such as Rose the Roserade, Luster the Latios, Zappo the Raichu and Cosmo the Gardevoir.

I nickname every member of my team I can, despite the fact that I suck at names. o.o

Sabre the Gallade - after the type of sword.
Myst the Gardevoir - I wanted a mystic-sounding name, and for whatever reason the game Myst VI was in my mind (probably from a Penny Arcade comic I'd just read), so I went eith that.
Rush the Lucario - When I first made my team, he was the fastest member of my team. As well, I was obsessed with Sonic Rush at the time, so :|
Talon the Weavile - ... check out his claws. Claw sounded stupid, so I thought of other things that hurt when they scratch and decided on Talon.
Titan the Skarmory - A short version of Titanium.

I couldn't nickname my Electivire, because it came from Battle Revolution, but I've always wished I could - but since I suck at names (like I said), I'd probably just call him Shock or something.
As well, I forgot to nickname my Breloom before transferring him from Sapphire. I wanted to call him Spore (I was thinking of buying Spore at the time >.>)

Just a few minutes ago, I got a shiny Magikarp which I plan on evolving. I had him nicknamed Scyllus, after the sea monster in Homer's Odyssey named Scylla.

Oh, God, I have good ones;

Mr.Wiggles the Turtwig (...I was bored. He's my Platinum starter and I luff him so <3)
KNOPNJKL (or something like that) the Kakuna (...I don't know either)
!!! the Mudkip (I named my trainer ???, so it fit)
*male**male**male* the Wingull (...what?)

*breaks out her games* Let's see here...

Flick the Staravia - no i don't know ether.
Blaulich the Rotom - it means 'blueish' in German apparently, but the games don't have those dots over the a so :|
Bawls the Bidoof - ...um
Hohenheim the Skitty - ...hehehe
Ran Fan the Ninjask - she's awesome.
Martini the Larvitar - ...I was naming things after booze, and I don't recall why.
Berlin the Vaporeon
Barry the Kabutops - HE CHOP YOU GOOD
Maes the Houndoom - dun touch his puppy. He eat you.
Suiyoobi the Gyarados - means 'Wednesday' iirc...
Wilde the Ho-Oh - ...:D he's rainbowy
SUNNY D the Meganium - I love you, GTS
Edward the Persian
Alphonse the Steelix
Timothy the Rhyperior
ByteMe the Porygon-Z - I love this name.
Keshigomu the Swellow - means 'rubber eraser' iirc. from my Emerald runthrough where I just opened my Japanese dictionary to a random page and chose a word
Horen-So the Beautifly - 'Spinach' See above.

...that's all for now.

I always have specific ways of naming in each game.
Pearl: All end with y, (EG turty)
Diamond: All end with o (EG pipo)
Leafgreen: Name of the pokemon backwards (EG ruasunev)
I'm weird, yeah.:sweatdrop:

The most ridiculous? Armageddon the Budew.

I was naming a lot of my Pokemon after YTMND sites in Pearl but I was really stretching it for the Budew. It was named after one of the sources cited on this one.

I also named my starter Piplup "Stephanie" and my Happiny "Cake", which are both related to the same meme... Peppers the Stunky, after Brian Peppers... Milton the Abra, after the "I believe you have my stapler" meme... Gunther the Misdreavus... Colin the Rampardos, after... well, there's a bunch of Colin Mochrie memes. :B I had "Colin is an... alligator" in mind even though Rampardos isn't much of a gator. I had an EV trained Sunny Day-theme team I used for a while and most of them were YTMND related... Inigo the Cherrim, Picard the Roserade, Leonidas the Bastiodon (he opened my battles with "THIS IS SPARTA!"), Sitsu the Swampert (after Mastersitsu, one of the best YTMNDers), and Cosby the Togekiss.
I think my favorite YTMND-Pokemon nickname is Bah the Wooper. Bah has got to be one of my favorite memes. And Wooper's facial expression in DP works with it so well.

One exception to the YTMND theme was that I named Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf after Revolutionary Girl Utena characters. Juri the Uxie, Utena the Mesprit and Ruka the Azelf. Not only the colors of their heads match the characters' hairstyles, but the shapes of their heads kind of complement them too.

On a somewhat related note, I remember as a kid when I got Pokemon Silver I was so excited to get started, I named myself AAAAAAAA without noticing. I was just mashing buttons like crazy to get through the opening dialogue. And literally named my rival "????". They asked what his name was and ???? is what the dude said! :<

Last edited:
Baille the Corphish
Hatty the Bellsprout
Abacus the Growlithe
Banson the Baltoy
Lancelot the Scizor
Dax the Gible (I had so many gible in Pearl.)
FA the Gible
DonDon the Gible
Monsieur the Mr.Mime
Reptar the Tyranitar
Alonsy the Gabite
Rouge the Sableye
Bwah the Sneasel
Quartz the Wartortle
Meep Moop the Mareep.

I have so much junk.

Back
Top Bottom