• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Dame Alex's Sprite Center

Re: Dame Alex's Center for Chao(s) Critique Wanted!

Um...Dragon, I thought I had plenty of workspace.:unsure: I do all the spriting on a separate file, then I put the rectangular marquee around the sprite I want to Photobucket (using a noun as a verb, zounds!), and paste it into a file, making sure the marquee had only enough space for the sprite, and no extra white space. I think that's the most convenient way to post for the sprite viewers.

I see what you mean by the black shading outlines. The truth is...I was lazy!:sad: I just kind of stitched on stuff and enlarged the tail to make it look like a vine. So concentrated and excited on it being my first retype, I forgot the basic rules of spriting! *headdesk*

But...I can't tell what you're talking about with the tail. The tailbone is covered up by the leaves extending from the arms. So...there's not much tailbone to see.

Last edited:

For Mewtwo:
EeveeSkitty.png

And an extra, inspired by what you said:
Orochaomaru.png

Could I request a Giygas/Giegue/whatever Chao? You could go Here for a reference.

Um...it would kind of help if I knew where to look. Those are those creatures from Mother/Earthbound, right? Is there a difference between a Giygas and a Giegue? I've only played the game on the SNES, which is called Earthbound, I think. I didn't get very far, but is Giygas like a Starman? Whenever I search for Giygas I see this wispy red serpent looking thing. Is a Giegue that thing that looks like a Mewtwo?

Last edited:

Giegue/Giygas is the same person, and yes it's the Mewtwo-look-alike.

The fun fact is that the people who made the first mother game also helped making Pokémon R/B/Y

Oh, that's pretty cool. Okay, since I saw some pics of Giegue, I'll start working on it!
Edit: ero98, I have your Magby:
Magby.png

The hair's covering part of its left eye, so don't get confused.

Last edited:

Aw, these chao are soooo cute! I'd like to request a mawile chao. :3

Awww, you already have Vaporeon and Shiny Umbreon done.... So, can I have a Kirlia chao? And could you do Candice, the Ice Gym leader from DP?

Um...Dragon, I thought I had plenty of workspace.:unsure: I do all the spriting on a separate file, then I put the rectangular marquee around the sprite I want to Photobucket (using a noun as a verb, zounds!), and paste it into a file, making sure the marquee had only enough space for the sprite, and no extra white space.

Nonono, sprites muuuust be 81x81 for DPPt style sprites, or 64x64 for RSE/FRLG. Must. Must. :DDDD

Nonono, sprites muuuust be 81x81 for DPPt style sprites, or 64x64 for RSE/FRLG. Must. Must. :DDDD
To be honest, sprites can be any size at all. They don't have to be a particular size or have to have a particular sized border. And I'm pretty sure that its 80X80 for DPPt sprites.

Yays for Butterfree! She changed the forum content! From one big conglomerate of shops and museums, now there is a separate thread for both! Good for you, Butterfree! (Unless a mod did it, then thank you mod!) *Everybody watches as Dame Alex does a funny dance*

Ahem *cough*, anyway, Elliekat, the Umbreon you see is technically not shiny (because it has lavender, not gold eyes). I've been meaning to say this for a while, but I really like your Lucario/Roselia splice (though I see black patches, nuuooo).

Thanks Dragon, for your critique! Sorry I didn't say this before. You're one of the few who bothered to critique! Here's a cookie:
Cookie2.png

Oh, and Psymon, I like your idea of a Psyduck with sunglasses. Pretty original, if I do say so myself. Actually, it now reminds me of "Lights, Camera, Quacktion!" in which Psyduck became a movie star. Now he's wearing movie star sunglasses (though I guess technically to be movie star sunglasses they'd have to be in the shapes of stars).

For Mumei:
ElephantandRubberDuck.png

I really enjoyed working on both, but I think I liked the rubber ducky the best for its cuteness! I love rubber duckies!

Last edited:

*peers closely at Umbreon chao* I see!

There is a black patch on my sprite? *runs off to fix it*

Thanks!

For Male Gardevoir:
Giegue.png

To Elliekat: No problem!

You get a huggle for the elephant & duck chaos. Also, a aerodactyl/grovyle splice wouldn't go amiss.

awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome

I'm not sure if I have anything to use it for right now, but I will.

I looked up a picture of the Giegue in your gallery, because I saw many different variations on the web.

For FKOD:
Mawile.png

I had the most trouble with the hair sticking out. But I think I got it right.

For Elliekat:
Kirlia.png

Kirlia was harder to make than I thought it'd be.

For Psymon:
PsyduckwithSunglasses.png

I liked making this one!^_^

For DarkArmour:
Aerovyle.png

Actually, I made this before making the Mawile chao, but I knew I needed to wait to make the others before I posted this. I try to go in order.:dead:

Last edited:

Like... Wow. No, Super wow. That is the most AWESOME CHAO EVER!!!!!!! Thanks!!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom