• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Dame Alex's Sprite Center

Re: Dame Alex's Center for Chao(s) Critique Wanted!

I've got a new shop comic with one of my friends in it:
SlaveTrading.png

Whoa. How do you do those comics so well?!?
Of course, you probably have a better program than Paint.

Whoa. How do you do those comics so well?!?
Of course, you probably have a better program than Paint.

Actually, I do the whole thing in Paint except for the shadows underneath the chao. I make them semi-transparent using Paint.net.

I just know the fundamental rules to make a comic, and have been practicing, but thanks!:grin:

For FKOD:
Mawile.png

I had the most trouble with the hair sticking out. But I think I got it right.

*puts Mawile under magnifying glass* Hm, this type of chao sprite is different from what I worked with.... um.... a really long time ago. Although I think I've seen sprites like the ones you're using. The ones I use have bigger, rounder eyes and five shades of color instead of three. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

*looks at comics made in paint* It's become obvious to me that you have far more patience than I do. Hmm.... slave trading... Darn it, now I feel guilty about requesting a chao. Does mawile chao have no freedom? No rights? Is mawile chao, along with all the other chao coming out of this shop, a mere trophy for others to look at? Or a slave? No. I will not treat mawile chao that way.

May I have a Porygon-Z please? I'd like it with an exclamation Mark over it's head if possible.

Mmmmmnnn... my friend reminds me of a Flareon somehow... can you put a Flareon into the comic somehow? And call her Bailey =D Thanks!

To Elliekat: I was looking through your thread, and saw Candice. Part of me was thinking: where have I heard that name before? On a whim, I searched my thread, and lo and behold, there it was, requested by you! I don't know what to say...except that I'm really really sorry and I didn't mean to skip over that! I must have forgotten that you requested it! Do you still want me to do it?

Megan.png

^any chance you could make a chao of her?

*to be leader of my chao army*

And a Zubat please, to add to my collection.

Last edited:

Sorry. And I know it's your sprite, I never said it wasn't. It's just that the hair color was off so I wanted to change it. Sorry ^.^;

Okay, some people may wonder why I, who only made chao, am now wanting to jump on the bandwagon (and rather late in the day, too). Especially since I had stated in my history (which is now gone from the thread, because it took up too much space, along with the intro comic [but the comic is listed under the comics part of this thread for those who still want to read it]) that I didn't want to make a sprite shop with regular sprites. Well, after seeing so many people have fun making those sprites, I decided to try my hand at them, and got into them too. So I decided to make them available to request. End of story. I might even make pixel-overs and scratch sprites available someday (if I ever feel like making pixel-overs again and if I ever am brave enough to try scratching a sprite).

So now, my shop, besides chao, also offers:
Balls:
Ball.png

Devamps:
Devamp.png

Glows:
Glow.png

Infernos:
Inferno.png

Inverts (both the regular way and my way [if you request this, please specify which one(s) you want]):
Invert.png

Linelesses:
Lineless.png

MLSSes:
MLSS.png

Recolors:
Recolor.png

Retypes:
Retype.png

Revamps:
Revamp.png

Shadows (specify which color scheme you want):
Shadow.png

Splices:
Splice.png

Statues (I'll only make trophies if a person has merited one):
Statue.png

Last edited:
Could I get a Gardevoir/Lucario splice:

Base: Gardevoir
Parts of Lucario: arms, legs, and the metal parts (on his arms and chest)
Color: Gardevoir

If you can't, then it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom