• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NEED MOAR STONE EVOLUTIONS!

Kai Lucifer

A traveller on the winds of time
Fire stone, Water stone, Leaf stone, Thunderstone, Moon stone... Is it just me or is there little point in these if only a few pokemon can evolve from them? Moon stone got one extra evolution from Delcatty in RSE, but other than that, no pokemon really use these stones at all. Look at Thunderstone, only two pokemon can evolve from it, when can think of several other pokemon that could've evolved using it, eg. Electivire, Magnezone. So why the need for all these new types of stone? Come on Nintendo, you already have a stone for the night/darkness, and you didnt really need to add another.

Why can't there be more evolutions through the original stones?

I think the addition of more stones was for continuity purposes - as in, if Magneton evolved with the Thunder Stone, it wouldn't make much sense continuity-wise as in previous games using the Stone on Magneton would, obviously, have no effect.

How about more alternate forms? Like, for example, you could evolve a Pokemon either by leveling up or by using a stone. The stone would offer a different form than the leveling up.

It makes a lot of sense for new evolutions of old Pokémon. As far as I know, you haven't, in any game, been able to meet the requirements for an evolution in a game before it was introduced. If Electabuzz had an evolution using the Thunderstone, it wouldn't make sense to introduce it in Sinnoh - both Electabuzz and the Thunderstone have existed since Red and Blue, and never have you been able to use it the Thunderstone on Electabuzz.

It makes a lot of sense for new evolutions of old Pokémon. As far as I know, you haven't, in any game, been able to meet the requirements for an evolution in a game before it was introduced. If Electabuzz had an evolution using the Thunderstone, it wouldn't make sense to introduce it in Sinnoh - both Electabuzz and the Thunderstone have existed since Red and Blue, and never have you been able to use it the Thunderstone on Electabuzz.

That's basically what I was trying to say. And, if I recall correctly, Piloswine can learn AncientPower in earlier generations, so Mamoswine is the only new evolution that doesn't fit this 'rule'.

It cannot.

Yes it can. Piloswine can learn AncientPower by breeding or by evolution of a Shadow Swinub caught in Pokémon XD.
Also, Lickitung can learn Rollout by TM04 during Generation II, or when purified in Pokémon XD or tutored the move in Pokémon Emerald. And Lickitung needs to know the move Rollout to evolve into Lickilicky. This means that Piloswine and Lickitung could evolve before the generation that their evolutions were introduced in.

I never really use them in the games; they kinda just build up and sit in the backpack until I catch a random pokemon, (like vulpix), and go "hm, wonder if fire stone works on that.."

They should make leaf stone work on eevee, though; perhaps introduce an ice-type stone as well, if they haven't done so already.

Other than that, i'm comfortable with the stones the way they are atm.

Yes it can. Piloswine can learn AncientPower by breeding or by evolution of a Shadow Swinub caught in Pokémon XD.
Also, Lickitung can learn Rollout by TM04 during Generation II, or when purified in Pokémon XD or tutored the move in Pokémon Emerald. And Lickitung needs to know the move Rollout to evolve into Lickilicky. This means that Piloswine and Lickitung could evolve before the generation that their evolutions were introduced in.

You're right, Bulbapedia does say it can learn AncientPower in gen II... By breeding with Diglett, Dugtrio, Wooper, Quagsire, Dunsparce, Phanpy, and Donphan. The numbers just go up in gen III. So I wonder why it's not listed on Veekun (where I know Mudkip checked that ;o) until gen IV? I mean, nobody cared about Pokemon XD, but it can learn it by breeding from gen II onward... so it's not like there was only a totally obscure method.
So I guess that point still stands. Perhaps Nintendo was just hoping nobody would notice those two exceptions.

Last edited:
I never really use them in the games; they kinda just build up and sit in the backpack until I catch a random pokemon, (like vulpix), and go "hm, wonder if fire stone works on that.."

They should make leaf stone work on eevee, though; perhaps introduce an ice-type stone as well, if they haven't done so already.

Other than that, i'm comfortable with the stones the way they are atm.

And allow the moon stone and sun stone to evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon respectively ;)

YES, teh happiness evolution is PAIN.

I agree with the lack of Pokemon evolving from stones...I have a whole heap of Water Stones from the Underground just SITTING there...

Youl could sell them...
More on subject: I do agree, more pokemon should be able to evolve by stones... They should make new pokemon that can evolve from some current ones by stones, (just an idea)...

Yeah, it does seem a little weird that there's only a few pokemon evolve with stones. They can be a pain in the neck to get in some games, but there isn't an actual shortage of stones. Heck, in FR/LG it was possible to buy the freakin' things.

In FR/LG, it was easier to get them since you could buy them, as said above. In my opinion, I don't think there were any shortages of Pokemon that evolved from stones. If there are a lot of Pokemon that evolve from stones, then that means we have to buy/find more of them than we do now. To me, that is just a pain. It's not like no Pokemon evolve from stones.

To get slightly off topic, when I was little I made up a bunch of stones, just for the heck of it. I beleive there were stones of every type, but I don't remember what I called them. I think one was called a "Sting Stone" and another was "Glacier Stone".

yeah, i actually really agree with this. aside from eevee, there aren't many stone option pokemon. but at the same time, i don't find stones as fun as leveling up because you can do it whenever you want, providing you don't have to go crazy searching for the stone in the first place. whereas leveling up you have a goal, and you just train that pokemon until it finally reaches the level.

but still, some more stone-pokemon would be nice, especially some more moon stones.

I agree, get rid of all trade evolution, move evolution, happiness, and any other wierd evolutions. Replace all with stone evolutions. Even better, just play crystal cause DP sucks.

Back
Top Bottom