• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

League Championship 2015 - Kalos Open

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
When Asber's league imploded in years past, it left much unfinished in its wake, including official tournaments. Despite frantic hopes to crown the ultimate winner, no such title has been earned so far by any of the battling trainers. Fortunately, however, the generous investments from the Kalos league into the revival of the league included not only much-needed financing to help rebuild the ruined region and deals with local breeders to provide players with native Pokémon -- they also graciously accepted to host a new tournament, to celebrate the reopening and, perhaps, to finally end a lengthy drought of legitimate competition. And so, glory beyond ken awaits those with speed, power, technique, and all the makings of a great champion.

TCoD ASB 2015 League Championship
Kalos Open

The sheer thrill of ASB returning is per se a great one, but this grand reopening simply wouldn't be complete without a new tournament. We've given it a week or so, so everyone could just enjoy the return of the League on its own, but now it's as good a time as any to add to the buzz with a majestic official event. And maybe, just maybe, this could be the one to finally run from wire to wire without a hitch.

In principle, we'll be aiming to take on 28 entrants -- if demand for entry is high enough, we may yet take in a few more, but not too many. Note that as previous tournaments have, however, this tournament will have a late entry bracket, such that people who missed the initial entry may still find their way into the championship anyway. Note also that, as was in the two pravious tournaments, the initial round will be occouring in a short rush -- trainers and referees alike will only have 72 hours to do their respective things, short of extraordinary circumstances (and even those won't extend the grace period for very long).

On the more, though, the tournament is open to any player in the league who would like to join, so as long as they're willing to abide the strict times in the initial round. If you're already a registered trainer in the Database, you need only post in this thread asking to be entered in order to, well, be entered. Entries are open starting now, and more details on the prizes and fixtures will be revealed as the tournament progresses.

(and lastly, now would be a really good time to remember which subforum Negrek would post these in, but here goes nothing...)

Round 1 Matchups

Ether's Bane vs Dragon
I Liek Squirtles vs Dazel
Visitor Message vs Zexion
Emperor_Evulz vs Grass King
Eifie vs Flareth
Aletheia vs Bluberry Bat
Sylph vs Keldeo
Superbird vs surskitty
Totodile vs Whirlpool
The Omskivar vs allitersonance
Lilypad vs Dar
pathos vs Wargle
Sangfroidish vs Zekrom_B0lt
Mai vs ultraviolet
RespectTheBlade vs Music Dragon
Zhorken vs Meursault
blazheirio889 vs Coloursfall
Ampharos vs hopeandjoy

Round 2 Matchups

Dragon vs Eifie
I Liek Squirtles vs Wargle
Visitor Message vs Lilypad
Grass King vs Coloursfall pathos
Bluberry Bat Aletheia vs Ampharos
Keldeo vs Sangfroidish
Superbird vs ultraviolet
Totodile vs Meursault
The Omskivar vs Music Dragon

Late Bracket Matchups

Zero Moment vs TruetoCheese
Noctowl vs Mawile
Crazy Linoone vs Byrus

Round 3 Matchups

Eifie vs Mawile
I Liek Squirtles vs Eta Carinae
Vipera Magnifica vs Totodile
pathos vs Keldeo
Superbird vs Crazy Linoone Byrus
Music Dragon vs TruetoCheese

Late Bracket II Matchups

Barubu Dazel vs Lord of the Fireflies
JackPK vs Ether's Bane

Round 4 Matchups

Music Dragon vs Byrus
Lord of the Fireflies vs Vipera Magnifica
Keldeo vs Eta Carinae
JackPK vs Eifie

Round 5 Matchups

Eifie vs Music Dragon
Vipera Magnifica vs Keldeo

Last edited:
contests and tournaments, no?

I will participate and maybe totally explode in the first elimination because readfail BUT OKAY that's FINE

I present myself for the rite

(and hey maybe this time I won't get time-disqualified after winning my first match)

There's totally a subforum titled "Contests and Tournaments"...

When would this be aiming to start? I can't make the initial thing as either an entrant or ref if it's too soon.

When would this be aiming to start? I can't make the initial thing as either an entrant or ref if it's too soon.
If we have enough entrants by then, about a week from now. I'm hoping to start on the weekend, but it'll really depend on the pace of the entries, and also on whether I'll have to gauge the demand for entries past the 28th.

And yes, I'm aware that there's a subforum titled Contests and Tournaments, but I'm not sure Negrek actually posted the registration threads in there. The battles and all that mojo, definitely, but this kind of thread specifically, I'm not sure.

If we have enough entrants by then, about a week from now. I'm hoping to start on the weekend, but it'll really depend on the pace of the entries, and also on whether I'll have to gauge the demand for entries past the 28th.

And yes, I'm aware that there's a subforum titled Contests and Tournaments, but I'm not sure Negrek actually posted the registration threads in there. The battles and all that mojo, definitely, but this kind of thread specifically, I'm not sure.

even if not, it seems like a p appropriate place for this stuff to go anyway, though, no?

after all, metrocon signups are still in there ...

Oh boy! Sign me up, too! I have honed my confusion fu to perfection - it's my time to shine... even if I lose while doing it!

Oooooh, sign me up! And I... would tentatively be interested in reffing, depending on what classes are like att.

even if not, it seems like a p appropriate place for this stuff to go anyway, though, no?

after all, metrocon signups are still in there ...
Heh, fair enough.

Also, I vastly appreciate all the reffing offers, but at least as far as the opening round goes, refs from the organization group will be handling everything.

Back
Top Bottom