• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

My role doesn't mention anything bout heal-clashing and by the nature of it I have a strong feeling it wouldn't heal-clash even if MF had just left that detail out of my role PM.

Alti is a jailkeeper from what I gather. Protects her target but also blocks them. Usually highest priority and doesn't clash from my expierience

It's a good role to use if we found a mafia but on an inspector? It'd be pointless to heal if it blocks him and makes him worthless.

Right, I know how jailkeepers work. My point was that we probably do have a more normal healer somewhere, and ideally that person should be the one to protect ILS, but if Alti would rather not risk losing him and decides to heal then I want to know whether ILS has suggestions for any other investigative roles. Then it's not as though his action is completely wasted.

Kind of a moot point if he doesn't get a chance to say anything before the day ends, though.

It'd be cool if some of the players who've been quiet could pitch in some ideas or something? Again, no particular need for more roleclaiming, but it's nice to know people are paying attention when things are starting to happen around here--especially since it doesn't look like we're likely to lynch anyone today.

I'm here! I'm just... uninspired. And unsure if I should make the complete claim that I feel like I should make or if MF has laid some sort of devious trap for me.

Well, I guess with the lack of any obvious potential harm I'll risk it. BASICALLY, if I die, I will receive the role PM of the last player I targeted. This probably indicates resurrection or communication with the dead is a thing in this game, obviously, but I don't know in what form.

This means that if I die, anyone with a resurrection or talking-to-the-dead power should probably target me, since I will have info. Until then I'm not very useful, though.

This does open up the possibility of a strategy where we lynch me to get info; however, unless we know there's full-on resurrection, we can't assume we can do that more than once, so it's probably better to save it until we direly need an inspection result.

I haven't been following this super-closely but I'll claim if it helps. I have a one-time power of vanillifying any player I target. I haven't used it yet because it seems more detrimental to the town if used on the wrong person.

Haha, I was hoping not to 100% reveal my role but I suppose you guys figured me out anyway. I picked Phoebe, remember, and so the associated Pokémon is Mega Sableye, which as you can guess uses its big-ass gem as a trap thingy.

I'm Lance. My illegal dragonite can protect me from being killed once and only once, instead killing the person that targetted me. Not incredibly useful, I suppose.

...I'm not really sure why everyone is roleclaiming directly right now? I mean, Alti, your role was kinda obvious from what you described, yeah, but...? All that's really happening for most of you at the moment is you're drawing attention to yourselves/away from yourselves to people with powers that might be more useful. I guess it does give the mafia more targets than ILS for tonight, but it also might give the doctors/Alti more guesswork.

Regardless, Butterfree and VM's powers do sound interesting—not at the moment, I'm still pretty sure we have nothing to go on today, but I guess that "lynch for information" idea could work in a pinch and is something to keep in mind as a last resort. At least VM can sort of work in tandem with that if for some reason we can't lynch any mafiosi Butterfree might uncover right away, so that's something. Kind of. Hm.

I'm also not sure why the day hasn't ended yet, meanwhile?

I still don't think we can lynch anyone, we don't have enough concrete evidence.

I'm also not sure why the day hasn't ended yet, meanwhile?
University is messing with my finely honed GM sensing of time, but moreover, since no votes have been cast, we can consider the extra time up to here a time extension.

And since no votes have been cast still, 24-hour time extension, but that'll be the last one for this phase.

Well, unless someone's been holding onto their information until now, or someone wants to start wildly pointing fingers, I guess we should abstain?

Abstaining sounds like the best plan still, unfortunately.

Gevaisa had the right idea, really. Even in the absence of concrete information, it's generally better to lynch than not. I doubt I can get people to stop abstaining at this point, but we really need to start lynching soon.

I'm all for actually getting things done, of course, but short of pointing fingers at random there really isn't much. We're low on time at this point, but I'll ask again just in case—ILS, do you have any suggestions for any other potential investigators? No need for them to actually come forward now, nor for you to detail exactly what you'll be doing, but since Butterfree and VM aren't particularly useful yet you're kind of all we have to go on!

Ugh, so much forget in me.

The continuous deaths finally catch the attention of the council. Little by little, they share information, hoping to come up with a way to best stave off the evils surrounding them... but could that trust be broken?

Once night fell, each one, but for a few, were once more on their own...

No one was lynched.

72 hours for night actions.

The door of trust was slammed in the face of the gathered trainers.

It was Siebold who had captivated the group towards further openness, after all. He hungered for knowledge of the hearts of those around him as if it were a fine dish, and so many had followed on. And now, he was nonwhere to be seen -- and there was little reason to doubt that he'd run into dire straits, as the premium Kalosian stew he'd been cooking had been left, well, stewing overnight, and was now burned beyond recognition, something the passionate chef would have given his very life to prevent. In fact, could that have been it? And if so, was his sacrifice in vain?

In more than one sense, it was the saddest meal.

I Liek Squirtles, the Siebold, is dead. He was innocent.

72 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom