• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[TOWN WINS] ASB Halloween Mafia

Re: [D4] ASB Halloween Mafia

I redirected Keldeo to SS.

Anyway... does no one care about Cynder flipping innocent? I mean, Kratos has now been again confirmed town with their death, so their information was probably good and we can conclude that Cynder was probably lying. One explanation could be that he was mafia roleblocker or something and just lying about targets for unknown reasons. But I have a more exciting guess that I've been waiting the past almost 72 hours to share!

What if Cynder was inactive alien? He chose to speak up about his role (and claimed to have blocked Gzhoom) in response to Gzhoom's action having the possibility of Cynder being inspected as innocent. Being inspected before being activated and having that result revealed is basically game over for the alien, because they are probably not going to be able to get lynched after that. Some of us were confused before because his roleclaim meant that he was not inspected as town after all, and why would he do that if he were lying the whole time, but I think it would all make sense if he was alien, right? I personally hope it is true because it is more exciting than mafia roleblocker or whatever.

Man I have no clue what's been going on for the last two Days.
I had a feeling Cynder wasn't as fishy as they were made out to be, which is why I didn't vote the Day before.
Anyways, we have eight people left, we've lynched one of the Mafia already, so we probably have two members of the Mafia unaccounted for. If we have a mislynch and mafia kill tonight it'll be a 4v2, no lynch and kill is a 5v2, and a correct lynch plus kill would be a 5v1.

I redirected Keldeo to SS.

Anyway... does no one care about Cynder flipping innocent? I mean, Kratos has now been again confirmed town with their death, so their information was probably good and we can conclude that Cynder was probably lying. One explanation could be that he was mafia roleblocker or something and just lying about targets for unknown reasons. But I have a more exciting guess that I've been waiting the past almost 72 hours to share!

What if Cynder was inactive alien? He chose to speak up about his role (and claimed to have blocked Gzhoom) in response to Gzhoom's action having the possibility of Cynder being inspected as innocent. Being inspected before being activated and having that result revealed is basically game over for the alien, because they are probably not going to be able to get lynched after that. Some of us were confused before because his roleclaim meant that he was not inspected as town after all, and why would he do that if he were lying the whole time, but I think it would all make sense if he was alien, right? I personally hope it is true because it is more exciting than mafia roleblocker or whatever.
If an activated alien is lynched, it's game over for town, right? Or do we not find out we lost until the end? If the game would have ended, then either Cynder wasn't alien or did it wrong? Is that consistent with what you're saying?

Gzhoom, who did you switch last night?

So far, we've got myself, Butterfree, ZM, MF, and Keldeo that haven't claimed a specific role (other than vanilla towny, which COULD be an easy lie, not saying it was) - at least as far as I can remember from previous discussion which I did not bother to double check before I composed that list.

If an activated alien is lynched, it's game over for town, right? Or do we not find out we lost until the end? If the game would have ended, then either Cynder wasn't alien or did it wrong? Is that consistent with what you're saying?

Yes, the game would end immediately if active alien was lynched. If inactive alien is lynched, it just dies and the game goes on.

Also, mafia roleblocker would still flip town, right?

The kind I'm talking about would. There are different variants. The one I'm talking about flips and inspects innocent and doesn't know who the mafia are, but is still aligned with them. There's also just kind of a regular mafia with a roleblocking action, who talks with the other mafia and inspects and flips mafia.

Alright so, Cynder definitely wasn't an activated alien. Any mafia motives to claiming that he roleblocked Gzhoom? Unless Cynder thought he really did get inspected (if Gzhoom told the truth) but actually WASN'T inspected (Gzhoom's role doesn't work how we thought it did). and wanted to be lynched because he thought he was activated???

I ended up not switching anyone last night. I didn’t need to follow the plan, so much as I needed the mafia to think I would follow the plan. If they targeted a less active player in an attempt to get ILS, then by not doing anything I guaranteed they’d waste their kill on a less active townsperson, rather than giving them a chance to predict my switch and off ILS. I hope that’s okay, and that I didn’t ruin some secret caveat to the plan. This way just seemed safer but I couldn’t really tell you guys about it ahead of time or else it would be moot.

I ended up not switching anyone last night. I didn’t need to follow the plan, so much as I needed the mafia to think I would follow the plan. If they targeted a less active player in an attempt to get ILS, then by not doing anything I guaranteed they’d waste their kill on a less active townsperson, rather than giving them a chance to predict my switch and off ILS. I hope that’s okay, and that I didn’t ruin some secret caveat to the plan. This way just seemed safer but I couldn’t really tell you guys about it ahead of time or else it would be moot.

Nope, that was a really good move on your part imo.

Hey, nice work, Gzhoom. Now, the question is, was Kratos an attempt to guess the switch, or did the mafia ignore the plan to switch and choose Kratos anyway? They did claim a role and have been farly active, so maybe mafia wanted them anyway.

Okay, Eifie, I'm more awake and reread the ideas about Cynder. You're saying that he was an inactivated alien, and basically was dealing with a "time's up" situation. Inspecting an inactive alien doesn't activate them (the assumption I made last night), but it would seal their fate.

Sooo honestly, with the lack of any other useful information, I'd like to throw the spotlight on Butterfree and ZM, who both have been very quiet this whole game.

Yeah, that makes sense.

The main reason I've been quiet is that I keep coming in when most of the relevant discussion has already been had and there isn't much left to say. Like, I would have explained what Eifie was actually talking about there with the alien, except you seem to have just caught up with her train of thought, so nothing left to say there.

I can actually usefully roleclaim now, though, so here goes. I'm a doctor. I healed Sandstone-Shadow, then Kratos twice, then switched to Zero Moment last night (ouch) in the hope of striking lucky with the whole "swap ILS and someone quiet" plan. (I didn't want to target ILS in case there was a second doctor doing that and we'd overdose him.)

Tonight, I can heal ILS (and any second doctor that might be around goes for someone else), and Gzhoom can swap me with someone else; if all goes well, mafia gets neither me nor ILS, or if they do get me, ILS at least lives to get another investigation in.

That's assuming you trust me, though, which I guess might be a hard sell; if I were mafia, that'd be one very convenient plan to clear the way for killing ILS, wouldn't it. Might mull over possible less risky alternatives later; I'd rather get this post in now before a bandwagon gets going.

I can't shine any light onto the happenings of the nights: my role is passive, I don't have a night action of my own. Though, I think it wouldn't be wise to reveal my power just yet, as it's an inconvenience to the Mafia if they don't know it.

I can actually usefully roleclaim now, though, so here goes. I'm a doctor. I healed Sandstone-Shadow, then Kratos twice, then switched to Zero Moment last night (ouch) in the hope of striking lucky with the whole "swap ILS and someone quiet" plan. (I didn't want to target ILS in case there was a second doctor doing that and we'd overdose him.)
Didn't you already roleclaim that one time on telegram when you were "hypothetically" asking about a rational way to curb the risks of healer clash?

... Er-hem! Anyways, my apologies for going quiet when we were in the middle of something important. Fun times, those were! Four assignments due the same day! Anyways, getting town lynched was unfortunate, but absolutely no town explanation for that lie/confusion has emerged, so I guess it's reasonable to assume that wasn't "town" any farther than the death flip.

We do need to lynch some actual mafia this Day, though... And, in a spectacularly rare moment, everyone appears to be active, so a whole lot of scrutinizing is in order.

I can't shine any light onto the happenings of the nights: my role is passive, I don't have a night action of my own. Though, I think it wouldn't be wise to reveal my power just yet, as it's an inconvenience to the Mafia if they don't know it.

Ehhhhhh... this isn't really doing anything for me. I feel like it's mafia more often than not who do the thing like "hey, I have a role that's a lot worse for the mafia if I don't reveal it so I don't want to say anything yet but just trust me okay". We already know that you're not, like, granny, because Kratos, Butterfree and I have targeted you and lived, and I'm struggling to think of other roles that you'd really really want to hide from the mafia when suspicion is being cast on you (and we don't seem to have any nonstandard roles here).

We've got like 14 hours left in the day, and I've been waiting in vain for other reactions to your post, so given this and your general silence during the game besides some very generic comments, I'm going to vote Zero Moment.

If you insist, I guess I'll have to make a full claim.

The flavortext in my role PM suggests most players are trainers, yes? I am a Zoroark, and my role is a variation of the Bomb.

When I am attacked in the night I attempt to retaliate against the attacker(s) (my role PM specifically mentions it works against multiple attackers; maybe there's a vigilante?). This retaliation isn't infallible though, it only has a 50% success rate the first time it triggers, which brings me to my secondary ability.

My Disguise essentially gives me a one-time Bulletproof, disrupting all kills made against me that night (again, it specifies that it works against multiple kills actions), but the shock of being attacked keeps me from going all out. Any attackers on later nights will find me undisguised and prepared to take them down with me.

I'd rather have had the Mafia stumble upon me accidentally, but with a pair of redirectors I think we can still make this work.

(and we don't seem to have any nonstandard roles here)

Having not one but two different types of active redirectors is very nonstandard, imo. Also, only a doc, a cop, a roleblocker, a jailer, and those two redirectors have claimed afair, which is six out of fourteen and not really a large enough sample to come to a conclusion like that.

Having not one but two different types of active redirectors is very nonstandard, imo. Also, only a doc, a cop, a roleblocker, a jailer, and those two redirectors have claimed afair, which is six out of fourteen and not really a large enough sample to come to a conclusion like that.
If I recall correctly, Negrek has openly stated that this is a normal roles game, which may be what Eifie was referring to. Multiple redirectors is a slightly odd setup, but there are plenty of lopsided setups you can make by using nothing but normal roles.

But that's a whole lot of nitpicking; the tastier issue is the veracity of your roleclaim. On the one hand, you've offered it quasi-umprompted and knowing of a bomb usually helps mafia a lot more than it does town (which is what you said earlier when you softclaimed, but honestly, that softclaim was arguably more anti-town, so it's not even as if the lynch pressure made this worse). On the other hand, the presence of all the redirection hax does make this claim a lot more useful for town, and makes lynching you a lot more costly if you're telling the truth (whereas normally a revealed bomb is a safe lynch as it's not useful to town anyway).

The flavor may or may not be a clue there. For my own part, my role PM doesn't give the role a flavor name (it's just the name of the role) but the subsequent flavor does imply "ASB participant". That said, a Zoroark mixed into the regular ASB people sounds a lot more to me like a mafia role than a Bomb, and a Bomb sounds to me like it could have bullion more intuitive flavors (and I can't say my flavor text was all that counterintuitive, for that matter). I realize this isn't really an issue that lends itself to a lot more discussion (backpedaling on a flavor claim is a dead giveaway so ZM's likeliest response to me bringing this up isn't alignment indicative), but it's worth mentioning since, from my GM experience, scum in this forum tend to try to pass themselves off as a town version of their actual role, specially wrt flavor.

Back
Top Bottom