• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB is back!

I never played ASB before, and every time I had a look back when it was still going I didn't really know what was what because it was already in progress and I don't like joining in in the middle of things.

How easy is ASB to get into?

I found it horrifyingly daunting and impenetrable for the longest time before I was urged to just jump in and try it. Within two rounds of my first battle I was wondering what I was ever so confused about. So moreso than it seems, I'd say.

There isn't an "in the middle of things", I'd say, so I wouldn't worry about that. It's not like there's a "story" or anything that you'd need to "catch up on". It's you being a pokémon trainer and battling some people in some scenarios that you make up each time you want to start a new match, and that's it. It's no different than getting into any other game—read the rules, grab what you need to get started, punch someone else in the face.

Understanding some of the nuances and tricks that can make you a better player might take some practicing and observing, sure, but that's true for anything.

I never played ASB before, and every time I had a look back when it was still going I didn't really know what was what because it was already in progress and I don't like joining in in the middle of things.

How easy is ASB to get into?

Not too hard, and this new setup should make it even easier. Just make sure you go over the guides and rules a couple times and you should be fine.

^Because it wasn't, you know, dead already. *rolls eyes*

Anywho, the system looks pretty sleek. Good work you guys.

So just the hack is on this new system, right? Battles will still be in the ASB section like before?

EDIT: Aaaand ignore that, battles already started. I'm always late to teh party guys.

I was joking. It's a reference to how activity in the rest of the forum will decline. :P
i highly doubt that! when asb was active last time, the overall activity of the forum was much bigger than it was now. lots of people did come onto the forum solely for ASB, but happened to post incidentally to other threads that took their interest.

Wow, you guys did an amazing job on this. The new system looks great. It was really nice to get all my old pokes and cash back with no fuss. I'm probably not gonna be able to jump into this right away since I'll be busy during February and March, but I'm looking forward to starting this again.

i highly doubt that! when asb was active last time, the overall activity of the forum was much bigger than it was now. lots of people did come onto the forum solely for ASB, but happened to post incidentally to other threads that took their interest.

I might just be imagining things but I think there's already been a surge in activity for the rest of the forum.

It looks like ASB isn't the only thing that's back.

Look at all the ex-members filtering back in!

Amazing what ASB can do.

Back
Top Bottom