• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Recent Actions Involving the Spriting Board(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i happen to disagree you can whine and not be a retarded dumbfuck about it

Snark isn't going to change a retard; they're just going to post crap back and you'll still hate them anyway. If you can't post helpfully then uh, don't post? Whatever happened to ignoring people who irritate you?

And it leaves the rest of us angry and offended and oppressed.

These forums aren't just about a few "dicks". It's about the enjoyment of the whole. It's about all of us, not just the Elite Few being entertained and everyone else being insulted. We're all here to have fun. But not at other people's expenses.

it entertains a few other dicks

Basically, I think all the snarkiness here is based around entertainment. I hear what Arylett says, that things like this just shouldn't happen on a forum, which is an outlet for entertainment. But then you could also say the things that happen here are for entertainment. After snarking at someone, do you really go away thinking you gave them a good lesson? That you made a difference? You just want to entertain yourself by laughing at others. And entertain a few other people, thus improving your reputation. Because mostly, you get respect from other snarkies by saying things that are allegedly witty, amusing, etc. It makes me really feel sick.

There's nothing left to say, Negrek's made too good an example for me to follow and Arylett's basically put most of my views forward. xD But I will say this - what more could you expect? We're a forum made of up hormonal teenagers scrabbling around in the dirt.

What gives you the right to declare what 'good quality posts' are? I trust that all your posts will be sufficient quality, right? Since you're the judge? To them, their posts are quality. To you, your posts are quality. And to people better than you, yes they do exist, their posts are quality.

Quality is not to be decided by - sorry - someone who doesn't seem particularly more intelligent than everybody else. But of course, you must be intelligent. Because snarkiness and laughing at other people's expenses is really mature and intelligent and worthwhile. Obviously. There are better ways of expressing your intelligence, and although I agreed with Eevee up until this point, I was disgusted when he basically said you can't be bothered to make big posts because nobody appreciates them, or whatever. So you just don't bother.

Just like a bully - they have a good heart, and deep down they know it. But what's the pont of being good? They'll get more attention if they're bad; and anyway, it takes less effort. Oh yeah, and it's amusing.

Instant trend~! Congratulations, you just fucked up the forums.

Your opinion. Some people may be amused, some people might not think it's "teenage prepubescent circle jerk". I'm going to say this, and I don't mean to be rude or mean, but I'm going to say it. Nobody cares if you think it's crap. If other people enjoy it, but you dislike it, then don't say anything at all. Saying that it's crap, snarking at people, insulting them for having fun and infringing on their enjoyment, you're just ruining everyone's fun. Cirrus said a lot of what I wanted to say. It helps /nobody/ except a few jerks.

i don't consider a teenage prepubescent circle jerk of low quality posts entertainment, i consider that crap

I don't give a shit about what YOU think

no matter how crap you think that particular thread it does not give you the right to come in and piss on everyone's fun/advice-giving/whatever

it's childish

Negrek's post is full of so much truth.

Predictably, I am on the "hey guys, let's be nice" side of things. I loathe stupidity as much as the next person, but nine times out of ten, snarking somebody to hell and back does nothing but provoke defensive hostility. Nobody likes to be insulted.

If you're such intelligent, superior people with such a comprehensive understanding of the human race, then deal with it in an intelligent way. I'm not asking you spend hours typing an essay explaining in precise and formally polite detail exactly what a person is doing that you consider wrong, but unconstructive, insulting snark is just going to cause trouble.

Age is probably a significant factor in this. I know I was a veritable idiot when I first arrived five or so years ago. So were many of us. If I was the same person I was five years ago joining now, I would probably be ripped apart and be regularly featured on #tcod's Idiots of the Moment list.

No amount of snark and biting sarcasm would have instantly and miraculously made me stop being a idiot and be like I have come to be now. Only time and experience could do that, but a little gentle advice here and there never hurt either.

But some of us seem to expect the new younger members here to magically all have the maturity and intelligence of someone several years older now that we do, because heaven forbid that someone of ten or twelve years of age should join a Pokémon forum.

As for "being a dick entertains other dicks," could you try to find a slightly less juvenile and offensive way of amusing one another, please?

i don't consider a teenage prepubescent circle jerk of low quality posts entertainment, i consider that crap
Then:

a) What are you doing on a Pokémon forum?
b) Either ignore it, enlighten them in constructive a way that will not cause arguments (if they're actually doing anything wrong), or get out.
c) I could well consider all the snarky, insulting posts on here to be "low quality."
d) I fail to see how the younger members of the forum entertaining one another in ways that you happen to find stupid is any worse than the exalted members of the jerk squad descending from their privileged roost on high to pick on and laugh at them to entertain one another.

You know.

I can srspost all day. I can go into exquisite detail about why X tool is better, or why Y ethical stance is better, or why Z way of acting is better. I think about all my decisions and I can write half-decently enough to express why I make them and when others should make the same.

The problem that arises is that most people do not care. Many people don't even recognize the voice of experience, let alone consider listening to it. So post after well-thought-out post falls on deaf ears, and a lot of time is wasted. Why bother, then? I gain more respect and attention by just yelling at people. Maybe they don't listen to me, but negative attention is still better than being dismissed as irrelevant. It's not just here, either; I've come to regret taking the time to write very good replies all over the blogotubes.

I'm not trying to defend being an arrogant dick. I enjoy verbal combat, I enjoy others celebrating that I am okay at being an ass, I enjoy being right. But there's no inclination to do otherwise. Nobody would listen to me besides the half-dozen or so who already trust that I don't say things I'm not sure about. I'm good enough at skirting being banned, and if I were, oh well; fewer things to get annoyed about.

Above all, though, there is zero social reason to try to help new members because the population as a whole does not think new members need helping. The owner isn't around so much any more, either, to give any sort of cultural guidance. There are more clueless pre-teens than not and they all encourage each other in some terrible prepubescent circlejerk. They don't want to make quality threads; they just want to be entertained and don't understand why old memes are a bad thing. They don't want to learn to use real tools; they want to pat each other on the back for their mediocre cookie-cutter results and don't understand why they should strive to do far better. They don't want a deep and interesting debate; they want any answer for the unexplained, just to soothe the mental itch, and don't understand why that shouldn't be good enough. Hell, a lot of the forums themselves don't lend themselves to many threads besides surveys.

And there's not really any group inclination to push them.

So, yes, I give up and just snark at people. It's much faster and entertains a few other dicks. In that sense, it often accomplishes much more than a srspost would.

You want to fix the forums? Fix the culture. I would cheerfully srspost all the time if I didn't think it would get pissed all over by preteens who are more obnoxious than I but far less deserving of being so. I intended to do so if I ever got veekun's forums working worth a damn, with the assumption being that I could simply compensate for culture with moderation when necessary.

Also, putting up with it doesn't help. I'm a dick when I think I have a decent excuse, but I'm not a dick just to be a dick. I don't snark at anyone unless I genuinely think they have it coming. I'm not going to sic the veelluminati on you for calling me out when I cross the line.

why don't you guys fucken read this thing

people don't listen to normal advice either, that is the whole fucken point. i'd be a nice guy like you guys know I can be but 90% of the time people don't give a fucking shit.

I cannot be bothered to fucking post if people don't make an effort to improve posting quality and stop hammering on about old unfunny fads. If they want their internet meme fun, they can go to fucking 4chan.

and cryssy fyi pokemon can have very interesting discussions it's just that "what is your favourite fire type" doesn't lead to much of a discussion

Last edited:
why don't you guys fucken read this thing

people don't listen to normal advice either, that is the whole fucken point. i'd be a nice guy like you guys know I can be but 90% of the time people don't give a fucking shit

Reading Eevee's post any more than we already have isn't going to make us follow his point of view. Just because we're still questioning you doesn't mean we haven't read what you've said.

Just like a bully - they have a good heart, and deep down they know it. But what's the pont of being good? They'll get more attention if they're bad; and anyway, it takes less effort. Oh yeah, and it's amusing.

So why are 'nice guys like us' still nice people? I'd rather be known to be just another nice person than one of the few well-respected-but-generally-disliked members, really. Just because 'nobody' gives a fucking shit about being nice, means you should stop? That's how the entire forum is slowly sinking into an oppressive, snarky hellhole~

And then there are the twelve/thirteen year olds here who look up to you guys as role models and will certainly become like you when they're older. It should be the other way around. People should be be nice to impress others.

lol the forum is a hellhole

it's
a
fucking
internet
forum
who
fucking
cares
its
not
some
the
internet
are
the
end
of
the
fucking
world

jesus fucking christ

And then there are the twelve/thirteen year olds here who look up to you guys as role models and will certainly become like you when they're older. It should be the other way around. People should be be nice to impress others.

respect has to be earned. i am cautious towards anyone and will reward good posting with nice manners. i reward idiocy with anger and sarcasm. that's how it is. I don't need to spend my time arguing with idiots when they don't listen. You saw that desolater66 thread: post good advice, he throws it in your face anyway. It doesn't matter. You can be nice, some people just don't take that. You have to realise this is a fucking internet forum and I am here for my entertainment too and being all fucking prepubescent jerks fapping to 4chan meme and unfunny things ruins MY fun. Why should your circlejerk take precedence over mine?

You could, uh, you know, post good funny things instead?

This is a forum, made to entertain people. And if people feel it's a hellhole, then there is a serious problem. And if we're going by your logic, then who "fucking" cares if some people think some things are crap? They still shouldn't ruin everyone's fun. You're the ones who appear to be making a big deal of this, it's /just/ a Pokémon forum. Why make a big deal because some people made a few mistakes? Or if they say "stupid" things?

And I'll repeat myself. If something bothers you, ignore it. If someone is being "stupid", ignore them. You're just giving them more attention and it'll probably cause them to act out more.

lol the forum is a hellhole

it's
a
fucking
internet
forum
who
fucking
cares
its
not
some
the
internet
are
the
end
of
the
fucking
world

jesus fucking christ

@_@
Because when people use forums, they aren't real people anymore.

And I was totally being 100% when I said hellhole - obviously I believe it's the end of the world. Obviously.

respect has to be earned. i am cautious towards anyone and will reward good posting with nice manners. i reward idiocy with anger and sarcasm. that's how it is. I don't need to spend my time arguing with idiots when they don't listen. You saw that desolater66 thread: post good advice, he throws it in your face anyway. It doesn't matter. You can be nice, some people just don't take that. You have to realise this is a fucking internet forum and I am here for my entertainment too and being all fucking prepubescent jerks fapping to 4chan meme and unfunny things ruins MY fun. Why should your circlejerk take precedence over mine?

You could, uh, you know, post good funny things instead?

Why should your definition of good and funny take precedence over mine?
At least mine doesn't hurt anybody~

This is a forum, made to entertain people. And if people feel it's a hellhole, then there is a serious problem. And if we're going by your logic, then who "fucking" cares if some people think some things are crap? They still shouldn't ruin everyone's fun. You're the ones who appear to be making a big deal of this, it's /just/ a Pokémon forum. Why make a big deal because some people made a few mistakes? Or if they say "stupid" things?

well uh because they do it constantly, consistently and aren't bent on improving themselves but would rather wallow in their ignorance

And I'll repeat myself. If something bothers you, ignore it. If someone is being "stupid", ignore them. You're just giving them more attention and it'll probably cause them to act out more.

I actually rarely post in Insanity for that reason. It's clogged with non-funny threads.

And no, not in a fucken debating thread. The whole point of those threads is that you know what you're talking about/want to learn. It is the worst thing ever to try and read a DH post with no use of proper grammar/spelling, no use of their fucking brain (aka spouting random bullshit).

Why should your definition of good and funny take precedence over mine?
At least mine doesn't hurt anybody~

Neither does mine. But mine is better quality and hasn't been done to death, you know. I snark at people that have it coming, you know. I snarked at Desolater66 because Desolater66 can't fucking post for shit. I would snark in the DH at people that cant post there but I have no access to it so meh. I snark in the CC at people that make whine threads that have zero content and just serve to inflate their overly sensitive egos.

You get it now? I really don't give one fucken inch of crap about all your "LETS HAVE A FUCKING CIRCLEJERK WITH OLD FADS" shit. Keep it in Insanity I don't even post there 99% of the time. But the forums I do post in (Misc, Entertainment, CC, DH if I have access, forum discussion, fiction) all demand a certain standard of I know what I'm talking about and can string three coherent sentences together. Legibly. With proper grammar. And I don't think that when people don't even get that far or forget they have fucking brains or whatever, that it's unfair to call them out on that. It's that fucking simple. If you're gonna make a thread, make it worth discussing and don't fucken waste people's time with shit arguments. Really, you guys are so boring that way. BLA BLA BLA EVERYTHING MUST BE NICE AND FUCKEN RAINBOWS. I got out of the la la period of my life. Grow some thick skins, people. Not everything is to be taken so fucking seriously. You guys all act like snark and wittiness and humour is something bad. No, it's not. And this thread is actually fun because I can see people are getting all riled up when someone, GOD FORBID, makes fun of something that is inherently stupid. God forbid stand-up comedy. What are you gonna do the next time you see a movie of Dennis Leary? Switch it off because it's possibly offensive. Come on.

Seriously. Make things worth discussing. Make things worth reading. There's too much time spent on these forums bothering through unnecessary crap and people not getting it and thinking they're right and have a monopoly on their opinions being right. Well having an opinion isn't immunity to being told you're wrong.

well uh because they do it constantly, consistently and aren't bent on improving themselves but would rather wallow in their ignorance

I actually rarely post in Insanity for that reason. It's clogged with non-funny threads.

And no, not in a fucken debating thread. The whole point of those threads is that you know what you're talking about/want to learn. It is the worst thing ever to try and read a DH post with no use of proper grammar/spelling, no use of their fucking brain (aka spouting random bullshit).

Neither does mine. But mine is better quality and hasn't been done to death, you know. I snark at people that have it coming, you know. I snarked at Desolater66 because Desolater66 can't fucking post for shit. I would snark in the DH at people that cant post there but I have no access to it so meh. I snark in the CC at people that make whine threads that have zero content and just serve to inflate their overly sensitive egos.

You get it now? I really don't give one fucken inch of crap about all your "LETS HAVE A FUCKING CIRCLEJERK WITH OLD FADS" shit. Keep it in Insanity I don't even post there 99% of the time. But the forums I do post in (Misc, Entertainment, CC, DH if I have access, forum discussion, fiction) all demand a certain standard of I know what I'm talking about and can string three coherent sentences together. Legibly. With proper grammar. And I don't think that when people don't even get that far or forget they have fucking brains or whatever, that it's unfair to call them out on that. It's that fucking simple. If you're gonna make a thread, make it worth discussing and don't fucken waste people's time with shit arguments. Really, you guys are so boring that way. BLA BLA BLA EVERYTHING MUST BE NICE AND FUCKEN RAINBOWS. I got out of the la la period of my life. Grow some thick skins, people. Not everything is to be taken so fucking seriously. You guys all act like snark and wittiness and humour is something bad. No, it's not. And this thread is actually fun because I can see people are getting all riled up when someone, GOD FORBID, makes fun of something that is inherently stupid. God forbid stand-up comedy. What are you gonna do the next time you see a movie of Dennis Leary? Switch it off because it's possibly offensive. Come on.

Seriously. Make things worth discussing. Make things worth reading. There's too much time spent on these forums bothering through unnecessary crap and people not getting it and thinking they're right and have a monopoly on their opinions being right. Well having an opinion isn't immunity to being told you're wrong.
Point A: Ignore them. Simple. If people don't want to learn, don't keep /snarking/ at them. It fixes nothing, as I have said time and time again. The reason people do it consistantly is because either A, nobody bothers to educate them or B, they're snarked at and thereby detered from not being "ignorant". Just ignore them.

Point B: Regardless of whether it's a debate, you /still/ don't snark. In debates, both sides are /supposed/ to be civil to one another. If the other side is not civil to you, you ignore them. Simple. And if they don't stop, then I understand if you get mad. But what I'm saying, so many times now, is that people need a chance. A chance to right themselves. And not everyone can write so-called Quality Long Essay Posts. Some people just want to /try/ to debate, for fun, casually. They try their best to debate, because they might like it. Because the whole point of this place is entertainment. This isn't the Professional Debators Forum, it's a Pokémon Forum. Or at least address your point back civily. Because snarking at them is not going to convince them you're right.

Point C: The entire point of the Coughing Cupboard is to let off steam. When people let off steam, they may not be thinking correctly again like I've said. It is there so that they can do this, freely. And so that people can offer advice and attempt to help them. The Coughing Cupboard isn't for just /you/, it's for everyone. It's not a place for people to post so-called "Intelligent Posts". It's a place for expressing emotions. And emotions are not very logical, emotions can be unreasonable. Snarking at people does no one any good, it only makes them stroke their so-called "oversensitive ego" even more, it only creates self-pity. "These people were mean to me, I'm the victim, they are wrong and I am right."

Point D: And what have I been saying this whole time? Correct them. Neutrally. Or nicely. Tell them, quite simply, that you cannot read their posts and that they're illegible. If they don't listen, ignore them. But I'm going to be honest, I find the cool lowercase way of writing posts to be quite illegible. I find it just as bad as someone who doesn't do it intentionally. This is hypocrasy. Why make people type with proper grammar/spelling/etc if you don't even do it yourself? And some people can't just grow some "thick skins." Some people don't have "thick skins." Some people have feelings. You can't expect everyone to "grow a thick skin." It doesn't work like that. The reason people are getting riled up in the first place is because they're tired of being afraid of being insulted. And like I said, not everyone can take these things well. People are here to have fun, when people are insulted, they usually don't find it funny. Not many people can laugh that off. Only the people doing the insulting find it funny. Who decides what's "inherantly stupid"? And this is very different from stand-up comedy. This is a place for everyone to enjoy themselves, without the expense of others. You can call your friends "stupid", if it's just in a silly joking manner. But you can't call some stranger, who you don't even know stupid.

Point E: Opinions are neither inherantly right or wrong, because they're not fact. If you disagree with someone, you can go ahead and tell them. But /snarking/ at them is not the way. Do it some civility, at least.

If everybody made their serious posts throughout the forum, rather than just in this thread and the Author Lounge, the problem would be solved.

I PROPOSE another guideline be added to the rules: Use some common sense before you post. Think about what you're saying and about what other people will think about it. If it's bad quality, improve it, if it comes off as insulting, reword it to be less so or just don't post it.

Point A: Ignore them. Simple. If people don't want to learn, don't keep /snarking/ at them. It fixes nothing, as I have said time and time again. The reason people do it consistantly is because either A, nobody bothers to educate them or B, they're snarked at and thereby detered from not being "ignorant". Just ignore them.

it fixes stupid people posting.

and uh I ignore most crap unless it's so blatantly *headdesk* worthy

Point B: Regardless of whether it's a debate, you /still/ don't snark. In debates, both sides are /supposed/ to be civil to one another. If the other side is not civil to you, you ignore them. Simple. And if they don't stop, then I understand if you get mad. But what I'm saying, so many times now, is that people need a chance. A chance to right themselves. And not everyone can write so-called Quality Long Essay Posts. Some people just want to /try/ to debate, for fun, casually. They try their best to debate, because they might like it. Because the whole point of this place is entertainment. This isn't the Professional Debators Forum, it's a Pokémon Forum. Or at least address your point back civily. Because snarking at them is not going to convince them you're right.

where did I say post essays? post properly. making coherent posts that make sense isn`t beyond anyone. I`m civil if you obey basic posting rules. it`s not too much to ask to make people use their brain. I don't snark to convince people I'm right. I'm snarking because THEY POST UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT. Get it? If someone posts in a thread and blatantly ignores what's clearly well-thought out argumentation, fuck me sideways with a stick if nice reasonable civil behaviour is going to help. There's this one saying, y'know.

"Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Point C: The entire point of the Coughing Cupboard is to let off steam. When people let off steam, they may not be thinking correctly again like I've said. It is there so that they can do this, freely. And so that people can offer advice and attempt to help them. The Coughing Cupboard isn't for just /you/, it's for everyone. It's not a place for people to post so-called "Intelligent Posts". It's a place for expressing emotions. And emotions are not very logical, emotions can be unreasonable. Snarking at people does no one any good, it only makes them stroke their so-called "oversensitive ego" even more, it only creates self-pity. "These people were mean to me, I'm the victim, they are wrong and I am right."

So murder is allowed there to vent emotions?

I have emotions and I can make coherent cc threads. Having emotions does not equal a right to post crap. Forum rules apply everywhere. People should post properly and use their brains everywhere. That goes for the fucking CC as much as for insanity. Being a hurt special snowflake doesn't grant you immunity to basic posting requirements.

And it also doesn't give you the right to be a fucktard. I'm sorry, your "we're all pathetic we need some TLC" doesn't fucking fly.

Point D: And what have I been saying this whole time? Correct them. Neutrally. Or nicely. Tell them, quite simply, that you cannot read their posts and that they're illegible. If they don't listen, ignore them. But I'm going to be honest, I find the cool lowercase way of writing posts to be quite illegible. I find it just as bad as someone who doesn't do it intentionally. This is hypocrasy. Why make people type with proper grammar/spelling/etc if you don't even do it yourself? And some people can't just grow some "thick skins." Some people don't have "thick skins." Some people have feelings. You can't expect everyone to "grow a thick skin." It doesn't work like that. The reason people are getting riled up in the first place is because they're tired of being afraid of being insulted. And like I said, not everyone can take these things well. People are here to have fun, when people are insulted, they usually don't find it funny. Not many people can laugh that off. Only the people doing the insulting find it funny. Who decides what's "inherantly stupid"? And this is very different from stand-up comedy. This is a place for everyone to enjoy themselves, without the expense of others. You can call your friends "stupid", if it's just in a silly joking manner. But you can't call some stranger, who you don't even know stupid.

you`re stupid. WOW LOOK I JUST CALLED YOU STUPID. Yes I can. See? Look? I did it. Oh my god. A revelation for you this must be.

Also it`s spelled "hypocrisy". Don't call me out on bad spelling when your post is fucking full of them; especially not when you know mine contains zero spelling mistakes and a few "I can't be bothered to capitalise things because it's really a redundant practice" capitalisation errors. Seriously.

And I have feelings too. so? I can grow a thick skin. We don`t have to act like special snowflakes. It's not like the world is fucking rainbows and leprechauns and fairies. Get fucking over yourself.

Point E: Opinions are neither inherantly right or wrong, because they're not fact. If you disagree with someone, you can go ahead and tell them. But /snarking/ at them is not the way. Do it some civility, at least.

"inherently."

and yes they can, opinions can suck. bad backup logic means a bad opinion. Your opinion can be that two and two equals five in a decimal system, but you'd still be wrong. Same if you form an argument based on flawed logic. It's still fucking wrong logic. Don't you get it? Not everything is fucking subjective. You can't just spout "THIS IS MY OPINION IT IS AN OPINION THEREFORE I AM ALLOWED TO SAY THIS". It doesn't work like that.

typed this on a wii before you nag at capitalisation.

edited since I'm back on a pc now.

Last edited:
it fixes stupid people posting.

and uh I ignore most crap unless it's so blatantly *headdesk* worthy

where did I say post essays? post properly. making coherent posts that make sense isn`t beyond anyone. I`m civil if you obey basic posting rules. it`s not too much to ask to make people use their brain. I don't snark to convince people I'm right. I'm snarking because THEY POST UTTER FUCKING BULLSHIT. Get it? If someone posts in a thread and blatantly ignores what's clearly well-thought out argumentation, fuck me sideways with a stick if nice reasonable civil behaviour is going to help. There's this one saying, y'know.

"Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

So murder is allowed there to vent emotions?

I have emotions and I can make coherent cc threads. Having emotions does not equal a right to post crap. Forum rules apply everywhere. People should post properly and use their brains everywhere. That goes for the fucking CC as much as for insanity. Being a hurt special snowflake doesn't grant you immunity to basic posting requirements.

And it also doesn't give you the right to be a fucktard. I'm sorry, your "we're all pathetic we need some TLC" doesn't fucking fly.

you`re stupid. WOW LOOK I JUST CALLED YOU STUPID. Yes I can. See? Look? I did it. Oh my god. A revelation for you this must be.

Also it`s spelled "hypocrisy". Don't call me out on bad spelling when your post is fucking full of them; especially not when you know mine contains zero spelling mistakes and a few "I can't be bothered to capitalise things because it's really a redundant practice" capitalisation errors. Seriously.

And I have feelings too. so? I can grow a thick skin. We don`t have to act like special snowflakes. It's not like the world is fucking rainbows and leprechauns and fairies. Get fucking over yourself.

"inherently."

and yes they can, opinions can suck. bad backup logic means a bad opinion. Your opinion can be that two and two equals five in a decimal system, but you'd still be wrong. Same if you form an argument based on flawed logic. It's still fucking wrong logic. Don't you get it? Not everything is fucking subjective. You can't just spout "THIS IS MY OPINION IT IS AN OPINION THEREFORE I AM ALLOWED TO SAY THIS". It doesn't work like that.

typed this on a wii before you nag at capitalisation.

edited since I'm back on a pc now.
Stupid people is a matter of opinion. Just because /you/ think someone is stupid, doesn't mean other people agree. Most of all, it hurts people's feelings. And amounts to absolutely nothing. Again and again, I must tell you, this is a place for entertainment. Nobody's here to be told they're stupid. They're here to have fun. And if they're not spelling correctly, let them know. Don't be mean about it. If they don't listen, ignore them. I have to say this again. And don't tell me, oh the stupid people don't deserve to be here, chase them off with snark. That's nonsense. Anyone who likes Pokémon and wants to have fun deserves to be here. Because it's a place of entertainment.

And I made some spelling mistakes, irrelevant. Most of my post was understandable, yes? You still got what I was saying, it was coherant. You understood my meaning. Isn't that the point? That you understand what people are trying to say? Nitpickery. If someone isn't being coherant, ask them to. If they won't change, well that's it. If you can't read their post, then don't bother, just ignore them.

Forum rules do apply everywhere. Did I ever say that you're allowed to break the rules in the Coughing Cupboard? No. Just because people act in a manner that annoys you, doesn't matter. Most posts there aren't hurting anyone and if they do, I have to say this so many times now, ignore them or infract them, but don't snark. Some people when they post there are too upset, too emotional to make much sense. They go there seeking advice. All I am saying is not to snark, not that forum rules don't apply.

Just because /you/ act a certain way doesn't mean that everyone else does. Or can. Nobody's the same. People are going to take things differently. Some people just don't have thick skin.

Calling me stupid isn't going to make your point. Insulting me isn't going to make your point. In fact, you're having the opposite effect. More and more I begin to believe firmly in my opinion. See? What I say works in practice. And if you want to chase me off with your insults, just like all the other idiots, it's not going to work.

Opinions sucking is your opinion. And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Despite if it's not backed up with enough evidence. And then you can disagree with them and prove them wrong. But you don't have to snark. That is what I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom