• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mendatt vs. Coloursfall

Mai

Banned
2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 4 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Chills Limited to 5/Pokemon, Direct Heals limited to 1/Pokemon
Arena: Land of Little Cubes and Tea

The Land of Little Cubes and Tea (or LOLCAT), is one of many planets in the Medium, this one belonging to Nepeta Leijon. It has mainly clear weather and yellow-orange tea reminiscent skies, along with a snowy sugary ground. Powder pink teapots with black cats are visible atop the peaks. This land is made up of little sugar cubes, and some are piled into the shapes of hills, while others create large mountains. There are rivers of green tea on this planet with waterfalls of green running down thousands of little cubes.

A Pokemon may eat a cube or two, which takes an action and restores 4% energy, though the Pokemon will loose 5% energy 5 actions after doing so in a sugar crash, if they have not recently eaten a cube. The 5 action timer is reset each time a cube is eaten, so if a Pokemon eats a cube, then eats another 3 actions later, the drop will happen 5 actions after the second. Feline-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

Coloursfall's Active Squad

Jacob the male squirtle
Ability: Torrent

GLaDOS the unknown porygon2
Ability: Download
Item: Dubious disc
Move mod: Weighted Companion Cube

Fu the male growlithe
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Fire stone

Sunnyside the female larvesta
Ability: Flame body

Soldier the male rufflet
Ability: Sheer force

Jody the female cottonee
Ability: Prankster
Item: Sun stone

Sundae Swirl the female vanillite
Ability: Ice body

Roshan the male emolga
Ability: Static

Nepeta the female purrloin
Ability: Limber

Mendatt's Active Squad

Eidolon the male riolu
Ability: Steadfast

Saliasteio the male minccino
Ability: Technician

Gelio the female ralts
Ability: Trace

Psari Anir the male feebas
Ability: Swift swim
Item: Prism scale

Rotalon the female drilbur
Ability: Sand rush

Bachura the female joltik
Ability: Compoundeyes

Joplin the male kricketot
Ability: Shed skin

Leonardo the male smeargle
Ability: Technician

Sunwave the female vulpix
Ability: Flash fire

---

Mendatt sends out first.
Then, Coloursfall sends out and attacks.
Mendatt attacks after that.
And then I flail about and try not to take months for a single reffing.

Last edited:
Re: Mendatt vs. Coloursfall (Ref: Mai)

Hmm. Eidolon, you're awesome. You can go first.

Signature Attribute: Swordfighter

Eidolon is not an average riolu, for one reason and one reason alone: He has a sword. He was born in Iron Mountain, which is an ancient cavern on an island, and where you find ancient caverns, you find tombs, and where you find tombs, you find treasure, and armor, and, most importantly at the moment, swords. His is about three feet long, which is average for a sword, but riolu are two foot four. Of course, riolu are also famed for never giving up, which, although rather cheesy, helped here. A few years later, he got captured by Mendatt. Now he has a sword. And he hits people with the sword, because that's what swords are for.

Effects: Eidolon's sword, and the strength he needed to be able to use it, makes him capable of incredible feats of power. Unfortunately, it's size makes him completely unable to move at the speeds he otherwise would.

When Eidolon is sent into battle, his attack is greatly raised (+2), and it cannot be lowered below -4. However, all of his moves with a speed priority of zero have a speed priority of -1 instead. As well as that, using his sword Eidolon can use the moves Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Slash, but due to the weight of the sword, he cannot use the moves Bullet Punch, Detect, Feint, Quick Attack, and Vacuum Wave.

I'm not entirely certain whether this is to to be done before or after someone passes the DQ time (I assume it's before), but Coloursfall has approximately 28 hours from now to post.

oh whoops sorry.

Anyway. SOLDIER, LET'S GO.

If god had wanted you to live he would not have created ME.

(also he has a sig move, SCREAMIN' EAGLES)

Signature Move: Screamin' Eagles

Soldier is a fighter by nature, and has been trained to work as a team. He fancies himself a leader of sorts, even if he's not the oldest of his squad, and will act as such. He's very fond of giving orders, and even if it may be a bit embarrassing to get screamed at by a little fluffy bird, there's just something invigorating about being incited into a patriotic charge at the foe.

And so Soldier takes great pride in his loud cries, screaming out a challenge, order, or pep talk of sorts to his team who can hear him.

Soldier tends to give a different sort of cry depending on how healthy the enemy is, so there are a few different effects his screams can have over his teammates. In case there are foes in multiple domains of the attack, the highest domain takes effect. All status boosts last as long as normal boosts would unless otherwise noted, but they will wear off if Soldier faints or the Pokemon becomes depressed or upset. All effects are applied to Soldier himself as well. The effects do not stack: if he uses it again, the old boosts are replaced by the new ones.

100%-51%: Buff Banner - Soldier screams a challenge to the foe, before encouraging his allies with a bugle-like warcry. This grants a +1 to the Attack of all allies, and they are treated as if under the effects of Focus Energy for one action after this attack is used. After using this attack, Soldier takes 2% recoil every time he makes a physical attack for 3 actions.

50%-26%: Battalion's Backup - Soldier orders his allies to not let their guard down, threatening to 'strangle them with their own frilly training bra' if they let him down. This grants all allies +1 to Defence, and they are treated as if they gained the ability Battle Armour for two actions, at the cost of a -1 to Attack and Special Attack.

25%-1%: Concheror - Soldier encourages his allies to glory in the defeat of their foes, causing them to regain 2% health each time they land an attack on a foe, for 3 actions. Soldier takes a -1 Speed penalty for the same amount of time.

Type: Fighting / Stat: N/A / Base Damage: 0% / Accuracy: -- / Target: All Allies within hearing range / Energy: 5% / Duration: one action
Effects:
Buff Banner (100%-51%): + ATK to all allies, Focus Energy effect for 1 action. Soldier takes 2% recoil for using physical attacks for 3 actions
Battalion's Backup (50%-26%): +1 to DEF, treated as if having Battle Armour Abiliy for 2 actions. -1 to ATK/SPATK
Concheror (25%-1%): Regain 2% Health every time they land an attack for 3 actions. -1 SPD penalty to Solider for 3 actions
Usage Gap: 6 actions

HERE WE GO.

Start things off with Hone Claws, then beat the crap out of him with Aerial Ace. If he Protects your attacks, use Hone Claws some more.

Hone Claws ~ Aerial Ace/Hone Claws ~ Aerial Ace/Hone Claws

(HAH I BET YOU WERE EXPECTING NEPETA)

Now come on.

Mendatt, you have ~22 hours to post commands.

Oh... I'm supposed to post commands, aren't I... *Facepalm*

Aaaanyhow, get in a fighting mood with a Swords Dance, and proceed to throw cubes of sugar at Soldier.

Swords Dance ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide

2v2 Singles
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Chills Limited to 5/Pokemon, Direct Heals limited to 1/Pokemon

The Land of Little Cubes and Tea (or LOLCAT), is one of many planets in the Medium, this one belonging to Nepeta Leijon. It has mainly clear weather and yellow-orange tea reminiscent skies, along with a snowy sugary ground. Powder pink teapots with black cats are visible atop the peaks. This land is made up of little sugar cubes, and some are piled into the shapes of hills, while others create large mountains. There are rivers of green tea on this planet with waterfalls of green running down thousands of little cubes.

A Pokemon may eat a cube or two, which takes an action and restores 4% energy, though the Pokemon will loose 5% energy 5 actions after doing so in a sugar crash, if they have not recently eaten a cube. The 5 action timer is reset each time a cube is eaten, so if a Pokemon eats a cube, then eats another 3 actions later, the drop will happen 5 actions after the second. Feline-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

Team Mendatt
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Item: None.
Commands: Swords dance~ Rock slide~ Rock slide

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Ability: Sheer force.
Signature Attribute: Screamin' Eagles
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: If Arceus wanted you to live he would not have created me! Ready to fight.
Commands: Hone claws~ Aerial ace/Hone claws~ Aerial ace/Hone claws

Soldier just about shouted out his favorite catchprase when his trainer appearified him into the match--he was fighting a pathetic little dog-thing that couldn't even decide what he wanted to be?! With a sword?! Boy, there's a few things you need to know about battling, he mused. First things first, you don't carry around stupid toys while you fight. You use your own skills and body. While thinking over his teaching, he started to absentmindedly dig his talons against the rough, glittering sugar. Surprisingly, the crystals worked well and the abrasions slowly but surely made his claws rather... sharp. He didn't notice this, however, because he was brainstorming ways to insult his mother and the abomination she had produced. If only she had some sense, maybe then she wouldn't have bought the kid stupid toys...

Meanwhile, Eidolon was executing his commands more intentionally and literally. Grabbing his sword and lugging it up to shoulder level, he spun and spun until he was a blur; while spinning he began to realize the real target. He was all warmed up, and despite his wish to just fling that sword at Soldier he had other orders. They were pretty good ones, too! He could play with sugar and mold it into sugarballs and fling it at the bird and it would be hilarious! Yeah! Sheathing his sword and grinning, he picked up a few cubes of "snow" and flung them at the previously calm rufflet. His face went red with anger at the assault (BOY WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS IS IMMATURE!) the sort-of experienced stout bird retaliated immediately with a swift strike from his wing. That hurt! Eidolon thought irritatedly. I'll get him back with this! Then I'll teach him not to hit people and maybe I'll be able to use my sword! Wouldn't that be cool?

He considered taking his sword out just to smash the squares into the little bird's face, but that probably wouldn't be nice. And battling was a game in the end! Picking up a piece of what was supposed to be mountain, he threw it at Soldier once more. Once again causing an uproar (BOY YOU STOP THIS NONSENSE! The target of the attack wanted to shout), he was given a very angry slap in the face as retaliation. Turning to look at Soldier, the first thought the mini-anubis had was what was that for?!

Team Mendatt
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 74%
Energy: 75%
Commands: Swords dance~ Rock slide~ Rock slide

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Ability: Sheer force.
Signature Attribute: Screamin' Eagles
Health: 82%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Hone claws~ Aerial ace~ Aerial ace

Notes:

Rock slide is now a normal type move, because as you stated rock slide would be flinging sugar at Soldier. If it even worked at all; I decided something like that would be flexible but I just can't imagine there being rocks in Nepeta's land. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here; if so I'll change it.

Conditionals for me act as the lowest priority possible, so even though Eidolon has an inherent -1 priority he still went first on the second and third actions.

This reffing is a lot shorter than my other ones, I think. Sorry about that; the repetition made it rather tricky. And on top of that I'm late, too!

Mendatt will be attacking first.

Calculations:

Hone claws- worked= 0% damage, 4% energy and no accuracy/critical hit roll (does no damage; cannot miss).

Swords dance- worked= 0% damage, 3% energy and no accuracy/crit roll (does no damage; cannot miss).

Rock slide- hit= 14% damage, 11% energy and accuracy roll 36 (needed 90 or above to miss). Crit roll 81, needed 6 or under to activate. Flinch roll 80, needed 90 or above to activate.

Aerial ace- hit= 13% damage, 5% energy and no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 97, needed six or under to activate.

Rock slide- hit= 14% damage, 11% energy and accuracy roll 8 (needed 90 or above to miss). Crit roll 23, needed 6 or under to activate.

Aerial ace- hit= 13% damage, 5% energy and no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 60, needed 6 or under to miss.

That makes sense, although it does unfortunately limit even further my access to super-effective moves. Let's see...

Soldier's access to strategic moves is somewhat limited, so we shouldn't need to worry about conditionals. Since we did more damage than Soldier would have if we hadn't gotten a critical hit, if we add some more attack boosts and an actual super-effective move...

Swords Dance again, just to make your attacks as strong as possible. Follow that up with... A Thunderpunch. Twice. I was going to make the second one an Ice Punch, but that would be pointless, wouldn't it...

Swords Dance ~ Thunderpunch x2

If you know what's good for you, YOU WILL RUN.

Fly in and grab his arms with Crush Claw, and keep them pinned there to his sides. Don't let go, and don't let him escape. So now that he has an angry baby eagle in his face, beat him soundly about the head with Wing Attack.

Crush Claw (hold on) ~ Wing Attack x 2

Wouldn't a pointedly wirey dog be able to break free from the grasp of, well, a bird? They don't exactly have very strong leg muscles.

Wouldn't a pointedly wirey dog be able to break free from the grasp of, well, a bird? They don't exactly have very strong leg muscles.

But they're talons!

Regardless, when I end up reffing this I think this is how it'll go; thunderpunch will turn into a special attack (it is using electricity) but will lose the majority of its power. The end value might be something like ~45?

2v2 Singles

Round One End!

Team Mendatt
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 74%
Energy: 75%
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Thunderpunch x2

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Health: 82%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Crush Claw (hold on) ~ Wing Attack x2

Soldier starts out the round decisively—he just can't wait to sink his talons into the fool that carried around a sword bigger than he was. Flapping his wings rather haughtily, he takes to the skies with the intent to find and catch some rather canine prey. He climbs higher and higher, a bit sluggish due to his size but certainly faster than his weighed-down opponent; however, he still can't afford to waste time. And with that in mind, he turns to strike. Wings flapping, beak turned downward and aiming for the throat like the miniature predator was taught from birth, it's fairly non-difficult for the rufflet to crash down upon Eidolon right as he slowly tries to lift his sword up. Alas, he ended up a second late and his weapon clattered away from him as suddenly Soldier's sharpened claws tore into skin.

Ugh! Just what is wrong with that jerk?! Eidolon was unable to grasp the exact importance of the situation, somewhat predictably for a tiny thing like him; at the moment all he could think was "no why would you do this >(". He couldn't even move! That wasn't fun at all! Flailing around a bit, he soon realized that no matter how much struggle he put up, the stupid war-bird just wasn't going to let him up. That wasn't the point of battling! The point of battling was to let him win! And do cool things with aura! And... and to embarrass little creatures that thought type advantages would save them from his undying awesomeness! Why couldn't he just play along...?! I'm going to remember this when I evolve, he thought while glaring at his attacker.

The target of Eidolon's vengeful stare didn't have much to say about that except for anger (and that itself was slowly beginning to become his default emotion). The kid still was being immature about this? He'd show him! Flexing his rather short wing, he infused as much power and anger into it as he could (which, considering his rage, was quite a lot) and slapped his immobile target across the face. Surprisingly, this hurt even worse than the crushing blow dealt earlier; now Eidolon really wanted to get vengeance.

And he tried. He really did. His pinned-down paws glowed and sparked with electricity, but sadly he just couldn't work up the power to get out of Soldier's grip--the crushing blow sustained throughout the round had worn at him. The bird was... surprisingly strong. So he went for the next best option; shocking the flier with as much of the thunderpunch as he could. It... technically worked, but the slightly singed talons took a costly amount of energy (at least compared to the damage), and the counterattack for such insolence was definitely not helpful. Retaliating with a swipe of the charged wing and an intimidating scream, Soldier was about to issue yet another challenge at Eidolon when yet another light shock coursed through him. Infuriated, the bird was about to use a very nonlegal move on his helpless prey when Mai stepped in to stop the round.

She got clawed in the face for it. Maybe that was why the events took to long to enscribe; it's a bit hard to write when there are bloody gashes flowing down your face.

Eidolon got up without getting his eyes ripped out of his skull, though, so it was okay. (The same couldn't be said for poor Mai. If any monsters or imps happened to stumble upon the comically injured referee, well...)

Team Mendatt
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 37%
Energy: 67%
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Thunderpunch x2

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Health: 72%
Energy: 73%
Status: Stupid dog! Maybe this time the brat will learn. +1 attack, +1 accuracy.
Commands: Crush Claw (hold on) ~ Wing Attack x2

Notes:

:( Please don't kill me.

I reduced thunderpunch down to 35 power in the end; the Attacks And Abilities Guide says that the majority of the power comes from the punch. So the actual majority was removed.

Coloursfall goes first.

Calculations:

Crush claw - hit= 11% damage, 7% energy and accuracy roll 93 (needed 95 or above to miss). Defense lowering roll 15, needed 50 or above to activate. Critical hit roll 21, needed 5 or under to activate.
Swords dance - failed= 0% damage, 0% energy and no accuracy/crit roll (failed; does no damage).
Wing attack - hit= 13% damage, 3% energy and accuracy roll 67 (needed 100 to miss). Crit roll 68, needed 5 or under to activate.
Thunderpunch - hit= 5% damage, 4% energy and accuracy roll 2 (needed 100 to miss). Crit roll 8, needed 5 or under to activate. Paralysis roll 84, needed 90 or above to activate.
Wing attack - hit= 13% damage, 3% energy and accuracy roll 95 (needed 100 to miss). Crit roll 27, needed 5 or under to activate.
Thunderpunch - hit= 5% damage, 4% energy and accuracy roll 80 (needed 100 to miss). Crit roll 74, needed 5 or under to activate. Paralysis roll 35, needed 90 or above to activate.

wow my Pokemon like attacking Refs, that's the second time.

Also is Soldier still holding onto him, or has he dropped him? its a bit unclear x:

He dropped him; I figured he'd have to at the end of the round.

Hmmhmm, Alright then.

Let's keep it simple, then - Brave Bird! If he Protects/Detects, Hone Claws.

Brave Bird / Hone Claws x 3

DQ warning for Mendatt; you have approximately 23 hours.

Sorry about that. I kind of forgot that this existed. Slightly. Just a little bit.
... Aaanyways, on the subject of, oh, I don't know, root vegetables...
Oh yeah, battle. Where was I... Okay...
We're almost certainly going to lose this round, but... Wait, I have an idea.
First, use Counter. After that... Colours gave Soldier conditional orders, which means that if I did the same for you, they would sort of cancel out, so you would probably move last... During the end of the first action, try to work out whether another Brave Bird would knock you out. If it would, try to Endure it, and then immediately return the blow with a Counter strike. Otherwise, use Counter again, and follow that with a Thunderpunch.

Counter~Counter+/~Counter/Endure

Round Two End!

Round Three Begin!

Team Mendatt
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 37%
Energy: 67%
Commands: Counter~Counter+/~Counter/Endure

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Health: 72%
Energy: 72%
Status: Stupid dog! Maybe this time the brat will learn. +1 attack, +1 accuracy.
Commands: Brave Bird / Hone Claws x 3

Eidolon was a bit disappointed with his trainer's orders--what, did he expect him to beat up that thing? The bird wasn't even a pokemon! It was evil! It was Giratina incarnate, just without the eating or the horrible size. Ah, well... he might as well try? Reluctantly he went into position, standing up tall and planted his feet sturdily into the terrain. In comparison, Soldier's rushed charge looked almost careless despite its power, and his arrogance was only emphasized when Eidolon threw him off immediately after impact. He was badly injured, and about to collapse, but Soldier had certainly taken the worst in that trade of blows.

Shakily getting in a medititative position, the riolu began to shine with the powers of aura he had mastered by practice and birth--he had amassed enough control over his body and soul that he has learned to simply not faint. And that was what he would do. He clenched his fists and prepared himself for the pain that would almost certainly come; the rufflet was dusting himself and preparing to charge. Somehow managing to snarl with a beak, he was angry and looking for vengeance, which worked out only slightly after his offense was thrown back in his face. Soldier was only aware of Eidolon's counter to the extent that it drove him mad (the protective glow of the damage cap protecting him since the end of the first strike), and with an indignant screeeeech put an end to the two pokemon's match.

He was only barely conscious himself, however. Not only Eidolon's vicious counterattacks but pain from the collision had taken its toll and more; Soldier regretfully realized that his next opponent may not get the asskicking they deserved. From him, at least.

Round Three End!

Team Mendatt
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Riolu Eidolon (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 1%
Actions: Counter~ Counter + Endure

Team Coloursfall
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rufflet Soldier (Male)
Health: 8%
Energy: 49%
Status: Rather frustrated that his wimpy opponent took such effort to vanquish. +1 attack, +1 accuracy.
Actions: Brave bird~ Brave bird~ Brave bird

Notes:

Moves with 100% accuracy no longer have a chance of missing.

Blergh I try to tell myself I'll get better at reffing if I do it more but it doesn't work. Also if the layout of the reffing seems screwy, tell me. I've been fussing about that for a while.

Mendatt sends out, then Colours commands, then Mendatt commands.

Calculations:

Brave bird - hit= 24% damage, 8% energy. No accuracy roll. Critical hit roll 57, needed 5 or under to activate. 8% recoil.
Counter - hit= 48% damage (capped), 24% energy. No accuracy roll. No crit roll.
Brave bird - hit= 24% damage (endured), 8% energy. No accuracy roll. Crit roll 23, needed 5 or under to activate. 8% recoil.
Endure - 14% energy.
+ Counter - hit= 48% damage (capped), 28% energy. No accuracy roll. No crit roll.
Brave bird - hit= 24% damage, 8% energy. No accuracy roll. Crit roll 92, needed 5 or under to activate.

Back
Top Bottom