• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Return of the King

Aletheia

King Koopa
I believe this is my fourth topic in this section

I don't particularly see myself actually becoming active on this forum again, but I've felt strangely drawn to it lately as I looked back on all the ways I've grown (this is kind of a loaded term since it implies positivity? hm) in the past year or two since I last genuinely cared about TCoD, all the eccentricities and flourishes that have come to adorn the way I present myself, etc. etc.

and I wondered how that place where I used to identify as a cis male was doing, or more specifically the people I used to talk to there

but yeah I'm otherkin now, it's pretty great

(edit: in honor of this I have modified my avatar)

Last edited:
Tch.

I don't really keep up with all the terms you crazy kids use, so I'll ask here and save myself future embarrassment.

I noticed the word "cis" being used in a transgender thread in the debating forum, where people were hotly arguing about what other people's personal life choices should be called. I got the impression that it's a transgender person who doesn't feel the need to undergo surgery, but I thought I detected negative connotations in the way it was used. Am I correct in my assumptions?

I haven't the first clue about "Otherkin". Do you feel like enlightening me?

Unless I'm mistaken, cis is basically a blanket term for just about anything not covered under the trans* blanket.

That explains the negative connotation I noticed in the way it was used, then. "You're not really transgender unless you have invasive surgery done to your most sensitive organs" would certainly feel negative to those who didn't feel the need for it.

That just leaves me wondering about "Otherkin".

Btw, could we leave the rest of my not-so-subtle, subtle ploy to have Alethia talk about himself in his own welcome thread intact? Thanks, guys. ^.^

Btw, could we leave the rest of my not-so-subtle, subtle ploy to have Alethia talk about himself in his own welcome thread intact? Thanks, guys. ^.^

*points at Aletheia's pronouns* She's a girl, actually.

Anyways! Hi and welcome back!!

I have in fact reached the point where pronouns are basically irrelevant, very liberating

still, 'he' should be avoided, especially since there are so many more interesting alternatives

I'm baffled and yet somewhat proud to see my welcome thread turning into a discussion of gender terminology, and am of course always open to divulging personal details about myself, though VMs might be the more logical option for this

anyway, it is comforting to see you all again!

I'm baffled and yet somewhat proud to see my welcome thread turning into a discussion of gender terminology, and am of course always open to divulging personal details about myself, though VMs might be the more logical option for this
We're always here when logic is needed.

Welcome back. It's always nice to have returning members.

9tiadi.png

So. Many. Views! You must be very proud.

Huh? What other meaning?

:O
Didn't see that. Didn't actually look either, because the thread title made me so certain she was a he.

*is humbled*

Back
Top Bottom