• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Average TCoDer

rock_band.png

Sorry, that viewpoint has always bothered me. I like Trauma Center, does that mean I should go out and do real surgical work? I like Phoenix Wright, does that mean I want to be a lawyer? They're just games. Sure, some people who actually think they can become good at real instruments from RB and GH are dumb, but most people are just having fun.

I know it's "fun," I'm just saying how I feel about those games. No one should be obliged to not play their favorite game because Number 100 doesn't like it.

Remind me to never express an opinion on an Internet forum again. I seem to have a bad habit of doing that.

I know it's "fun," I'm just saying how I feel about those games. No one should be obliged to not play their favorite game because Number 100 doesn't like it.

Remind me to never express an opinion on an Internet forum again. I seem to have a bad habit of doing that.

No need to go that far. After all, I expressed my opinion of objecting to your opinion.

My problem was because the games were never meant to be replacements for musical talent. They were meant to be games. But whatever. If it's just your opinion, then that's fine. I should probably just shut up.

I'd like you to meet Taylor Codd, or T. Codd for short.

I wish I had that name.

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.

Technically, yes, but there is a large amount of people in my city that speak Spanish too. I'm not quite 16 either.

He has an aversion to Facebook, Myspace, and similar sites.

YES. Almost every single one of my relatives has one or more of these, except for me. I will NEVER get one.

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.

I don't tell my parents to vote which way, but I am fairly liberal. Universal Health Care FTW

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.

I'm a straight A student. I won't be able to take electives, though, with my music. I'll just take some college courses at my local community college, which I'm doing right now.

He is an avid supporter of LGBT rights.

I'm not gay or bi or transgenered, but HELL TO THE YES

He is an atheist and will always be one. (thanks to ultraviolet for this one)

Not really. I think God is real and with us, I just think most things have a scientific origin.

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.

I like all kinds of music, except for rap and country. The rest I can deal with.

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.

Never dropped and F-bomb, but I don't care what other people say as long as it isn't in front of a person who has a higher ranking in society (meaning all adults).

He owns an ASB account here, which he uses, but infrequently.

I use it more frequently than others, but I need to finish the damn reffings!

He wants Mafia back.

Never played it.

He hates 4chan with a passion.

Never been on it

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.

Naruto, yes. Pokemon, no

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.

Zelda, YES. FF, never played it. Pokemon, yes. Rock Band, yes, but I don't like it all that much. I like the Wii better, but it needs more hardcore games.

His least favorite Pokemon are Tentacool and Zubat.

I hope they never show up in the 5th gen, along with Geodude. (I do have a shiny Tentacool, though.

He entered the Wi-Fi League, but never joined any tournaments.

Nope

He EV trains his team.

Wish I did

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.

HELL TO THE YES. HEART GOLD (Because I had Silver when it came out)

He is 16 years old, and is from Largeish City, English-Speaking Country, which is less than an hour from Larger City, English-Speaking Country.

Ha. I'm from Largeish City, SPANISH-speaking country, which makes me feel cooler because I get to call you guys "gringos." Unless you don't live in the US. Ah, well. Meh. And I'm slightly younger than that.

I say I do, but I use them anyway because once in a while, my Spanish teacher posts a blog that's absolutely hilarious (as in, they're actually funny, not in a pathetic kind of way.)

...Eh, most people I know are five times more boring on the Internet, so I guess the aversion to these sites is true, for the most part.

His political viewpoint is highly liberal, and tells his parents to vote for the liberal (or more liberal) candidate in any election.

What's the point in voting if the douchebag who lost can just literally and publicly buy the seat of one of the idiots elected? And half of the shit-brained country finds nothing wrong or illegal with it? Yes, that actually happened over here.

He has a B+ average in school, except for a D in Elective Credit-Earning Subject.

He has an A- average in school, except for all those Cs in Phys. Ed. and Trigonometry.

I'm not really an avid supporter of anything, but yeah, I think anyone should be able to do what everyone else can, as stupidly vague as that sounds.

Atheism is just as unconvincing to me as any religion, unless proven otherwise.

His favorite music consists of obscure metal bands from Europe, progressive metal, and some classic rock/metal, J-pop, and video game music. He dislikes rap, teen-pop, nu-metal, DragonForce, and most of all, he despises hair metal.

Quite right on the dislikes (though there's stuff lower than hair metal), not so much on the favorite music. I don't like to define my taste genre-wise, so I'll just say I'm a fan of the bizarre, the absurd, the highly satirical, and the loaded with double bass, cellos, theremins and funky bass slapping. And if something's so annoying it's funny, there's a chance I may like it. Oh, and anything that reminds me of a swamp, or weird sea creatures. Or rusty machines. I should probably stop now.

He doesn't care about profanity and has been known to drop F-bombs here and there.

Aaaand you nailed that one. Ehehe...

I fail to comprehend what those letters even mean. I'll look it up, then.

He wants Mafia back.

I don't really care. I haven't even been on here in months.

Never been there, probably never will, and I don't give a crap. Unless some new meme comes along that's either annoyingly funny or annoyingly puke-inducing.

His favorite mangas/animes are Naruto, Bleach, and other shonen, with some shojo. However, he hates the Pokemon anime, with the notable exception of the first two seasons.

Once again, I don't really care. I can watch anything that isn't Naruto, or reminiscent of ninjas and boring, generic forest settings. Though I'm not much of a manga reader, or anime watcher, anyhow. I'm more of a biology or modern history encyclopedia kind of guy.

His favorite video game series are Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon. He prefers Rock Band to Guitar Hero, which he liked but finds lame now. His favorite gaming console is the XBox 360, followed by the Wii, as he hates the PS3.

I like Meteos better. Does that make me a freak? If so, good. I've never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

You're naming two of my favorites there. I actually find Tyranitar, Arcanine and the Eeveelutions to be kinda boring. I guess I'm a fan of the mundane and the quirky, unless it includes Bibarel.

Don't have Wi-Fi. Never downloaded music. Never sent a text message. Never spoken with a friend on the phone for over two minutes. See how cool I am?

He EV trains his team.

I EV trained a Sneasel. That's pretty much it.

And finally, he thinks GSC was the best generation and is thrilled for the remakes.

Never got to play them. Waiting for the remakes eagerly, but I usually forget about that and just play Meteos for a while.

What me to whine a bit more?

hrm reading through all these surveys is boring so i made a handy pie chart

ak7ig2.jpg

edit: srs stuff

and the right to donate blood,
when I found out about this I was just like "what the fuck, the NHS *needs* blood like a thirsty vampire and yet they're cutting off an entire potential source of donations?" and the justification they give is ridiculous.

This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

Lol.

Actually, I'm 15 lol...

My position is "meh."

Nope.

Nope, A or A+.

Dunno what that is.

Nope, I'm Christian.

I do hate rap, but... um.. no. I like Techno, and I guess I do kinda like video game music too.

Actually I'm quite modest most of the time.

Dunno what that is.

He wants Mafia back.

Never really liked that.

Dunno what that is.

I hate Naruto, never been into Bleach, dunno what shonen and shojo are. I like the Pokémon anime in general. =)

Actually, I've never played Final Fantasy or Legend of Zelda. I hate Link and Zelda with a passion, but I like Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Mario. My favorite console is the Wii.

Actually my least favorite Pokémon is Jynx because it's ugly. =(

I could never get my Wifi to work.

He EV trains his team.

Nope.

I liked GSC, but I think Hoenn was the best generation. I'm mildly excited for the remakes.

---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

I guess I'm not your average TCoD-er.

Let me just clear the air and in turn, my conscience.

What I mean by indifference is that I don't mind if gay marriage is legalized. I don't go around gay pride parades, but I don't call any gay man a faggot either. And I'm sure that's what everyone here means by indifference.

No, I'm from a Swedish-Speaking country.

Eew no

Wait what

I'm not graded yet.

What?

I believe in Arceus.

KoRn, Disturbed and System of a Down are the three best groups ever.

Sometimes?

ASB?

He wants Mafia back.
What's Mafia?

Okay you got me there.

Naruto is epic fail.

Final Fantasy is a disgrace to the RPG genre, MOTHER 3 for the win.
And I don't like and Guitar Hero-esque game, they're boring.
And the Wii and PS3 kicks 360's ass.

Those are cool, Bibarel, on the other side..

Nope, never joined the Wi-Fi league.

He EV trains his team.
No I don't.

4th Gen for the win. >:C

This is not an insult in any way - it's just a light-hearted satire of the forum.

---

I dont have that name.

Im 14 and Ten minutes to be more precise

Yes. Formerly liked it though

No highly conservative in fact

No im an A B student

meh, i dont care either way

NO CHRISTAN FOR THE WIN!!!!
No i like teen pop, some metal, and rock. I despise 60's and 70's.

Kinda, I curse but try to curb it (but im not that good)

Never did Never will

He wants Mafia back.

meh.

YES!!!!!!!! 4CHAN IS THE SATAN OF THE INTERNET

Not a manga fan. Hates new pokemon anime but never Seen others

Wii followed by 360. Rock band pwns Gutiar hero, fav series are mario and pokemon (durr this is a pokemon fourm).

I despise those two.

Never entered leauge even.

He EV trains his team.

Yes

Oh absolutely
---

So, what do you think? If anyone thinks this is inappropriate, I'll delete it right away.

Not so normal...
just the way i like it

Last edited:
Nope. That's not my name
I'm not 16. I live in Tiny City. Really! As in, my city is tiny.
Absolutely
I don't really have political views...
I do well in school! What the heck is Elective-Credit Earning?
What's that??
Nope
I love Video Game and Movie Soundtracks. I don't like anything else.

Not really... I use Fudge as a substitute though!
Erm... no.
He wants Mafia back.
Mafia? Dunno what that is.
Never been there, but I like Rickrolling (I like the song, honest!)
I hate anime, and they relly messed up the Pokemon one.
Never played Zalda or Final Fantasy, would like to. Oh, the console thing is pretty right.
GAAH. I've had enough of them
Would love to do either, but hasn't
He EV trains his team.
Wants to, but I haven't gotten roud to doing so.
Never played, but I'm eager to see HG/SS

Well... Not really that average,. but close, eh?

wats so bad about 4chan? We've made national news!!! We could've changed world history when Sara Palin's gmail got hacked tho...but no, they didn't.

Well, his first letter of his last name is the same...
I am a few years younder than 16, and I don't even live in a city! But I do live "less than an hour" near another town which is larger than mine... and I live in a partially-English country.
Eh. Never touched them.
? I never really cared for politics, but what I do know is that the Tories/Conservatives must not win.
I MUST GET A+ IN ALL SUBJECTS. :angry:
???
Saying I'm anti-Christian is an understatement.
Meh... I don't like most modern songs anyway. Except a few VG songs.
Only when I'm really mad.
What's that?
He wants Mafia back.
Never heard of it.
?
I never really watch anime.
FF, no. LoZ, sorta. Pokemon, yes. I never thought much of GH/RB, and I don't really have a "favorite" console.
This Tentacool/Zubat. This Tentacool/Zubat is an eyesore. This Tentacool/Zubat. This Tentacool/Zubat. (where did that line come from?)
I can't even get onto Wi-Fi! :sad:
He EV trains his team.
I battle like mad when I train but I never really cared about EVs.
GSC, cool. Rema--I DOOOOOOOOOON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEE :dead:

Average factor: 10%.

Last edited:

---

Not my name...

15, but yeah...

yup

I forgot what liberal means...

More like A- I think... I don't really know my average. But I do good in electives

Dunno what that means.

NO

I like just about all music except rap and country.

I don't curse.

I don't know what ASB means

He wants Mafia back.
What's that?

I kinda just ignore it...

I guess, but I don't know what Bleach is.

Never played Final Fantasy or any Zelda games. I love Guitar Hero, and Rock Band is just a copy of it. I love the Wii. I hate the XBox 360 and the PS3.

They're in the top ten Pokemon I don't like.

Wi-Fi League?

He EV trains his team.
No, I think it ruins the fun of training Pokemon.

Yeah, those and the originals.

---

---

I can't say that's my name...although it is kick ass.

Actually, yeah. Exactly.

I only made a Myspace to talk to a girl that liked me. I barely even touch it nowadays.

If liberal means "Someone who thinks the country is screwed no matter who runs it," then yes.

Meh, closer to A-.

I'm not an "avid suppoter," but more power to 'em.

Indeed.

Almost exact. Just replace J-pop with Bay Area thrash and capitalize DESPISES HAIR METAL.

Depends on who I'm around.

Honestly, I have no idea what this is. EDIT: Ohhh...That ASB. No, I don't have an account.

He wants Mafia back.
I forgot how to play >.>

I can't really say. Never been there.

I never got into anime at all, but I still hate the Pokemon anime with a passion.

I own one FF game, so I'll replace it with the Golden Sun soon-to-be Trilogy. Zelda and Pokemon OWN. I prefer Guitar Hero actually. I don't find it lame, but I rarely play now. I HATE the 360. Wii first, PS3 second, XBox can rot in the ground. I was raised on NES, GameBoy Color, and PS1. Sorry.

Yep. Death to them. Crobat and 'Cruel are awesome though.

Never entered.

He EV trains his team.
Depends on what you mean by "team." I EV train my competitive team, but all other Pokemon (in-game team, Pokedex completion, and just random Pokemon I wanna train) I train normally.

YES!!! Although RBY are VERY close behind.

Last edited:

---

Taylor. I like that name.

She and 15, but otherwise that's quite close actually.

Ehh. I rather like Facebook, not sure about the others.

Indeed.

Straight A's!

I dunno what this is, actually =3
EDIT: Not avid, but a supporter.

Hindu, if anything.

Close enough.

Nope.

Yep~

He wants Mafia back.
Never played webmafia before, but it sounds fun. Love irl Mafia.

No real reason to.

No and no =)

Close enough.

Actually I rather like Zubat. Tentacool does drive me crazy at times, though.

Nope. Wi-Fi hates my DS.

He EV trains his team.
I would if I actually did competitive battling, but...^

Yeppers.

---

Surprising how many of these apply, actually.

Back
Top Bottom