• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Least favourite episode?

This would be mine, because the entire episode's underlying message is "hahahahaha let's all laugh at competitive battlers because they don't know the real SPIRIT and MEANING of Pokemon battles hahahaha".

To be fair, both competitive battlers and non-competitive battlers get that.

Because as we all know, competitive battlers are emotionless and only think of Pokémon as a bunch of numbers and so are playing the game wrong, wheras non-competitive battlers are all too stupid to appreciate the game fully and only ever use legionaries and so are playing the game wrong.

To be serious about it though. I think the attitudes above that some people have only cause alienation and cause the opposite attitude to spread.
Like, I've developed an irrational dislike for competitive battlers because of the small few who tell me I'm playing wrong when I'm not being competitive, who cares that I'm having fun I'M PLAYING WRONG. I know not all people are like that, which is why I ignore those feelings and actually join in if I'm invited to a competitive battle.

Anyway to answer the actual thread, I haven't seen much beyond Kanto but the first movie was pretty silly. As for an episode, there are a lot I can think were stupid but most of those have good moments in them.
Like the episode where Meowth finds himself on an island and is worshipped by the people there. The episode wasn't good as a whole but I did appreciate the fact that they were trying to give Team Rocket something to do other than stalk the main characters.
Even though I've rewatched all of the Kanto episodes recently most of my memories of them are from when I was younger so I can't really judge them because of that either :c
The one with the magician with Exeggcute isn't particularly memorable so maybe that one was bad? But being unmemorable doesn't make it bad, it might be good, I just can't remember it!

To be fair, both competitive battlers and non-competitive battlers get that.

Because as we all know, competitive battlers are emotionless and only think of Pokémon as a bunch of numbers and so are playing the game wrong, wheras non-competitive battlers are all too stupid to appreciate the game fully and only ever use legionaries and so are playing the game wrong.

I know what you mean - it's just that it felt uncalled for the people behind the anime to have a laugh at CBers' expense, while not doing so for non-CBers.

Anyway, back to terrible episodes: another one for me was the Ditto episode from the original Kanto run. I don't know why, but even when I was a kid, I hated it.

I don't really watch any more... But I don't like the generic fillers where nothing important happens. That's most of the AG/DP sagas, so yeah....

I personally didn't like the episode where Ash lost to Cameron in the Unova League because of how damned insulting it was. Say what you will about Ash, but he did NOT deserve to lose to some Ralph Wiggum-esque idiot and his Deus ex Lucario. Then again, he would have then gone on to lose to Boring McEeveeShilling trainer, so it was probably a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment.

but he doesn't mind and that's what's cute! he's happy to just phone oak home and be like "I got really far!! \o/ didn't make it though ehehe" "ash that's great!!!"

his priority isn't really to win everything these days, so wouldn't it be kind of unfulfilling to see him just win anyway? virgil IS pretty boring though.

Maybe the one where ash says he doesn't want to use his old pokemon in the hoenn league, or that one where ash is competing with morison <_<; Both were the highlights of ash being stupid... XD;

I don't much like episodes focused on amour shipping, they can trigger me (due to the awful fans of that ship).

Back
Top Bottom