• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Does No Guard (and Mind Reader, Lock-On) still grant a chance to hit through Protect? I know this was removed after Diamond and Pearl but I think it's a neat effect and would like to see it, personally.

Any reason why Defog doesn't reduce evasion like in the games?

Considering it actually is classed as a stat modifier (for accuracy, because I think this was back when Negrek said that evasion didn't exist or something) in the old attacks guide, I'm assuming this was an oversight since it just wasn't mentioned in the description. I'll fix it now.

edit: I fixed it in the summary, but didn't feel like writing flavour for it. paging MF

As in the games, Inverse Battles make type immunities become single weaknesses, not double weaknesses, right?

For some reason I got it in my head that immunities became double weaknesses, but I can't find anything to that effect in any official documentation. So I'm asking here just to confirm.

As in the games, Inverse Battles make type immunities become single weaknesses, not double weaknesses, right?

For some reason I got it in my head that immunities became double weaknesses, but I can't find anything to that effect in any official documentation. So I'm asking here just to confirm.

Yes, they become single weaknesses.

edit: I fixed it in the summary, but didn't feel like writing flavour for it. paging MF
All of a sudden, I feel like I never really leave work. (will do in a sec)
ETA: Done.

Correct. And as in the games, note that only the type that would cause the immunity is turned into a single weakness -- so, for example, Inverse Flying-type has a single weakness to Ground, but Inverse Electric/Flying is damaged neutrally by Ground.

Last edited:
If a Pokemon is holding a type-resist berry but its owner hasn't mentioned whether or not to eat it in their commands, will the Pokemon automatically eat the berry when it's hit by (or about to be hit by) a move of the matching type? If not, are there any circumstances in which it'll eat the berry, other than being directly commanded to do so?

If a Pokemon is holding a type-resist berry but its owner hasn't mentioned whether or not to eat it in their commands, will the Pokemon automatically eat the berry when it's hit by (or about to be hit by) a move of the matching type? If not, are there any circumstances in which it'll eat the berry, other than being directly commanded to do so?

It'll automatically eat the berry when it's about to be hit by a move of that type, unless the trainer has explicitly specified that it should not.

So I know sound-based moves bypass Substitute, but what if I want to hit a Substitute with one? Am I shit outta luck and gotta pick a different move to use, or can I command my Pokemon to target the Substitute specifically? (And out of curiosity, what's the flavor justification? Do substitutes not have ears, I guess?)

So I know sound-based moves bypass Substitute, but what if I want to hit a Substitute with one? Am I shit outta luck and gotta pick a different move to use, or can I command my Pokemon to target the Substitute specifically? (And out of curiosity, what's the flavor justification? Do substitutes not have ears, I guess?)
I'm 75% sure a similar question about sound moves and substitutes has been asked, so I'll get back to you whenever I manage to dig that up (or whenever I realize this has been a trick of the light in my brain all along if that's the case).

Does Rollout reset after 5 action as it does in the games, or does it just keep getting more powerful?

Its base power will not continue to double. From the description it looks like it's meant to stop entirely after five actions. The Pokémon just can't control its speed any more and crashes into something, I guess.

Does Sheer Force negate Life Orb this time around? There was a (slightly confusing) discussion last league about it, and the results were a little murky. (Including negating 100% effects like Rock Tomb's speed drop, and not Life Orb's recoil when used on a boosted move, and the opposite happens in game)

Also Negrek stated that ASB didn't follow the games when it came to Sheer Force on items and Abilities, such as Color Change, Shell Bell, and the Eject Button to name a few. I would appreciate some clarification on this, because it seems to be a bit random what Sheer Force follows the games on, and what we make up.

Sheer Force only affects the side effects of moves with less than a 100% chance of occurring. By side effects, I mean a chance to affect stats or inflict a status, including flinch. (Though I don't think any of the other "side effects" occur with less than 100% probability anyway.)

I know there's a list, but in the old league it Sheer Force was random. Does it still affect the items and abilities it does in game? (And in the case of Life Orb, do the boosts stack like they do?)

I know there's a list, but in the old league it Sheer Force was random. Does it still affect the items and abilities it does in game? (And in the case of Life Orb, do the boosts stack like they do?)

As I said, it does not affect items and abilities. Only moves with a chance of changing stats or causing a status or flinch.

I just wanted to be absolutely clear on this:

Will damaging weather conditions (Sandstorm, Hail) remove Double Team clones from the field? What about if the Pokemon is a ghost-type that does not resist the weather?

Also, I've often seen commands such as "spread out Flamethrower if there are clones". Are there some guidelines on which moves can and cannot be spread? Can beam attacks be used in the same way?

Back
Top Bottom