• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Activity pit of doom

I've been under the impression a large amount of the activity dip is because of the "server busy" messages. I couldn't quite judge it personally since they don't show up for admins, but I know one forum I went to started showing that message all the time and I just gave up trying to go there regularly after a while.

In which case it could get somewhat better once I manage to actually get the time to move the forums.

this was p. much it for me

i am p. sure there is an effort from some people to bring ASB back at least...! but rest assured that yeah it does take a lot of effort and time and saying stuff like 'well we should just bring it back' or 'we could just have a whole team of people instead of one person' works better on paper than in practice! these are obvious solutions but it is a little more complex than that (coordinating a group of people, finding time, dividing the workload, etc.).

i wouldn't mind doing some stuff in charge of ASB. I used to be a ref way back in the day but i don't want to do that, i mean just kind of running monetary affairs or something?

Before I even knew of TCoD, I made up my own version of ASB but it failed badly. My friends and I enjoyed it, but it relied on the trust system too much, and that caused problems. I think that if ASB here was revived (I didn't even know it was dead, I hadn't checked yet), then it would attract a whole slew of new members who like something different and possibly more challenging. Too bad I don't have the time for that.

I've been under the impression a large amount of the activity dip is because of the "server busy" messages. I couldn't quite judge it personally since they don't show up for admins, but I know one forum I went to started showing that message all the time and I just gave up trying to go there regularly after a while.
I agree you Butterfree. For the past few days, I gave up on coming on because of the "server is busy" messages. I still do check, but it is rather annoying, and I'm also afraid that I might get that message after writing a long post or something. I'm also guessing that when people need to start going back to school after the summer, they won't be able to come on as often. I know that I won't be able to come on as often once the school year starts for me.

Put it this way, I'd love to do /something/ to help with ASB, but Junior year starts in a month and I'm completely certain I wouldn't be able to make the commitment.

If it is open, I'd participate and probably ref a bit, though.

Put it this way, I'd love to do /something/ to help with ASB, but Junior year starts in a month and I'm completely certain I wouldn't be able to make the commitment.

If it is open, I'd participate and probably ref a bit, though.

I am in the exact same situation (even down to Junior year). I want to help, but I'm way too unreliable.

I'm going into senior year, but I'm most likely moving into a less intensive school. I have college stuff to worry about, but I finish homework fast enough that I could help as long as I have a co-ASB runner.

I'm going into senior year, but I'm most likely moving into a less intensive school. I have college stuff to worry about, but I finish homework fast enough that I could help as long as I have a co-ASB runner.

Depending on the nature of being a co-ASB runner, I could help with that. I probably couldn't do anything directly related to actual battles since I haven't actually been involved in ASB in years but I do like organization and numbers and shit.

I could do it. I'll be homeschooled next year, so I'll have a lot of time. I suppose I'm still to much of a junior member, though.

I'd love to help bring ASB back. I do have senior year coming up, but I'm pretty sure I'll at least have some time to help out and stuff. (I realize I've been gone from the forums for a bit, but i'd stay for this. (also second note i'm not that experienced so I don't think I'd be qualified to help run it or anything but idk.))

I'm just going to say this though, and it's not an accusation to anyone here (really, it applies to me too). If we do this, we need to be absolutely committed. This isn't an RP we can just let die.

I'm just going to say this though, and it's not an accusation to anyone here (really, it applies to me too). If we do this, we need to be absolutely committed. This isn't an RP we can just let die.

I understand. I'm not sure what size of a contribution I can make, but whatever it is, I won't just give up on it unless my computer explodes or something.

We need some way to plan together. I'm out until Monday without a computer, and Monday I'm celebrating my belated birthday. Email might work best, since you can't have a PM with multiple people.

When we know who's helping, I'll do a mass email to everyone involved.

I can coordinate everyone, and maybe judge refs because I'm a writer. We'll assign jobs officially later when we know how many people we have. Just state your talents.

Okay, look. I really didn't want to get into this because it's not my business anymore, but I did already get a proposal from a group of people to take over the running of the league back in June. I have no idea why they've apparently decided they need to be so ~secretive~ about it, but before you get all worked up and start organizing things, you should talk to them because they've presumably been working on things for the last couple of months. You can see their names at the bottom of this page.

Yeah, I'll go PM them.

It would've been nice if they had come into the thread, though.

Or would have said anything at all. WTF guys? Why wouldn't you tell anyone? And why weren't members told of people being modded, ASB mods or not. Keeping shit behind closed doors and doing things behind backs is why so many members, senior members at that, left. We're in this together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom