• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Mutations

"Of course you get a donut. Everybody gets one." He chuckled at his immature little joke. A tendril of shadow extended up towards Del's little perch, and he allowed it to wrap itself around his wrist. It lowered him down to the floor, and he shuddered as he realized just how much colder it was down here. "And stop saying I'm colorblind, because I happen to have evolved perfect vision thanks to the human races adaptation over eons. So-" He stuck his tongue out, making a childish little noise.

He scratched the back of his head, wistfully thinking of what kind of donuts should be taken next. It was a shame that all the jelly donuts and other such filled delights had to be eaten right away so the filling didn't suck. So he could only get a few of those.

"Okay, so the stupid cat doesn't have rabies. But I would still bet a box of donuts that it's got something. Maybe it'll infect you and maybe it won't." He considered a variety of names. "Name it 'Jeesh.' You know, like he's the newest member of our jeesh. Circle of friends. Big happy family. Jeesh." Whatever they named it, he was sure that he wouldn't be getting very close to the stupid feline.

Molly scoffed silently. "Loose the attitude, Del," she warned, not looking at him, "and stop being so negative. And, for the record, Jeesh would be perfectly fine if I hadn't been so wonderful to think of Umbra, so..." She stuck her own tounge out at him, crossing her eyes.

"Umbra, Umbra," Molly repeated, "Such a lovely name. Such a lovely cat. Such lovely eyes. It's official; this cat is ultimately lovely." She petted his head and the feline began to purr softly.

Sunrise glared at Lucy with distrust as she leaned over to rub the kitten against her cheek. "Umbra, Umbra, little black cat," Sunrise sang, "he is adorable, no matter where you're at!" She danced around. "I like Umbra more than Jeesh. On second thought, let's name you Jeesh, Del!" She jeered. "Hi, Jeesh," she said, jokingly tossing a dust bunny at him.

"If the cat doesn't like Jeesh better than Umbra, it must be a girl. If I were you, I'd listen to what a guy thinks about a guy cat's name." Del observed the smothering of the poor cat as Sunrise cuddled it relentlessly. Does she have no mercy?

"No, you lose the attitude, Molly. Back-sassing your elders like that. I thought you knew better. For shame." He wiggled his finger back and forth at Molly, his usual crooked grin spreading across his face. Molly was only a year or so younger than he was, but it was just enough for him to be able to claim senority. In truth, he'd probably claim senority even if only by a day.

"Call me Jeesh, then. Go on and try. See what happens."

"Ha! Funny how you call yourself my elder, yet you aren't even half way to the maturity level of me!" ...Molly kept silent after that. That sentence sounded awfully strange.

Placing Umbra on the ground, Molly crouched down on the floor and watched the kitten sniff around. He turned back to her and Sunrise, meowing. "Are you hungry, little Umbra?" Molly asked kindly, tilting her head at him. "Perhaps we can round up some food for you. If not..." She turned her purple eyes to Del, "We'll have to go on a little shopping trip, no?"

(I just noticed this was up x3)

Dar walked in silently and shivering. Upon entering, he saw that apparently they had gotten a cat. He walked up and said,"Hey. If you dont mind me asking, whose cat is that?" He walked up and pet it.

(Mewtini, Ulqi, Lucy can possess people, so damn it, be possessed! >=U)

Lucy was irritated. She tried much harder.`"If the cat fancy's the name Umbra, It's a girl. Naming it Crystal is much better. You will name her Crystal."

(Short post)

Dar felt a tug at the back of his mind. "You know, maybe we should name it Crystal," Dar said.

(Short)

Lucy felt a sense of accomplishment. Of course, she wouldn't be satisfied until Molly and Sunrise were possessed too. "You see? Dar has the right idea! You should name it Crystal. After doing that, you should give the cat to me" she said convincingly, basiclly to everyone.

"I am your elder, so zip it." Del poked Molly on the nose. "Maturity is irrelevant, because when it boils down to it, I have more experience than you." He grinned at Molly. She mentioned shopping trips.

"Oh, goody. I just love shopping trips. Can you see the excitement in my face? Hear it in my voice? No? Because there is none." He jammed his thumbs into his pockets. "This is where I get to say that you better not screw up again, Molly." He popped his head up at a window. "You know, maybe we should just go now. Get it outta' the way.

"And Lucy, you're being creepy again. Crystal sucks, so give it up." Lucy was just determined today, apparently. Her wierd little possession power had never been something Del liked, if only because she was only too willing to practice on them.

(Damn it, it's a power she has, so you people better get FUCKING POSSESSED! >=U)

Lucy was beyond furious. Her possessing powers will work! "You should name it Crystal. It's eyes ressemble those of a Crystal"

(Holy shit, just today, i got a black kitten as well! =O)

"I'm guessing we'll both go, then." Molly looked up at Del with narrowed lavender eyes, not particularly wanting to argue anymore with a wall. She looked at the others in the room. "Anything you guys want? Because once we're gone, we're gone. The next raid might be a week from now, who knows. So speak now and forever hold your peace..."

She glanced at Sunrise. "Here, take Umbra," she said, putting the black kitten in her arms. "We'll get some good food for him and maybe a few toys, okay?" She pulled her lips into a pearly-white smile. Caressing Umbra's fur one last time, she crossed her arms at Del, her beam turning into a lopsided grin. "Well, let's go, shall we?"

Last edited:
(Hey, is it okay, if I end up being the cat?)

Willow yawned, closing her ghostly grey eyes. She stretched out and shivered. She loved being a puma, but on such a cold day, maybe it would be better to be a wolf. She raised her head, looking around the room. A blue-eyed girl stared intently at her. Why am I even here? she wondered. Oh right, I came for some overnight shelter. She hadn't even realized there were people here. She had spent a day and most of a night running from the rebels, and she had gotten some pretty nasty cuts from a barbed wire fence.

Willow remembered the girl staring at her and figured she'd better shift before the other girl tried to put a collar on her. She cleared her mind and slowly closed her eyes. She envisioned her human skin and mentally sort of...stepped into it. When she opened her eyes, she was human again.

Del began to wonder just how many Lucy could be possessing right now. Was she possessing him into denying her to make her arguments seem more legitimate? He didn't think Lucy worked in webs that complicated, but maybe she possessed him to think she didn't... His brain was beginning to ache, so he decided to let the subject go, turning towards the nearest door.

"Alright, then, I guess we'll go now. Anyone, feel free to tag along, but if you come, you either carry what you take, or take nothing and carry double. Or take double, and have someone else carry it!" Del flicked his forefinger at the door, motioning Molly to follow him. But NOBODY carries my donuts 'cept ME.

"You know," He mused, pushing the door open and shivering. It was evern colder out there than it was in here! Maybe the sun would warm him up when the stupid clouds moved. "I'm wondering if we should treat ourselves. You know, grab something to eat, skip out on the bill. Not like we haven't done it before."

Molly mused what Del suggested about food. "I'm all for it. But they better have a heater in the place..." Stepping outside and instantly hugging her arms around her, bright lavender eyes glanced around as she shivered violently. "W-Well... It could be worse, you know," she reasoned, walking down the steps of their somewhat slanted house. "I mean, at least we have a house, right?" Her eyes sparkled at Del.

Pushing a dark brown strand of hair out if her face, Molly stopped at the bottom steps, waiting for him to follow. "And out of pure curiosity, what store are we hitting? The Flash Foods down the street, or something else you may of had in mind?"

Back
Top Bottom