• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Trying to get a region together.

Ok, I'll show you an example on what I mean by smooth it out.

Take the letter S. See how S is smooth, no bump edges? Youhave to get all the edges out, so it'll seem more official.

Plan dolphin is the point! The first stage is always simple, and the evos get more and more complex. And you can just take the horn off and add a little "Pizzazz" to the sprite with the horn off.

I never said the platypus would be a starter. The dolphin is. So far I've got the grass and water starters made. I'll add flavour text later, and so far both are unnamed.

picture.php
picture.php

I still need ideas for what the fire starter is, because I learned I cant draw a hippo.

OH SHOOT. I guess I thought you said it would be a starter because once I was working on a region and I considered using a platypus as the water starter. Whoops.

Ok, tak what I did to the grass type as an example (Dont mind the other thing, it's my new fakemon idea and i was too lazy to put it on a seperate paint program);

Can you see the diffrence? It's smoother. A bird's head should be round, and I made it round. The outline should be a darker colour than the main colour (dark green for this). It looks more like an official sprite if you do it how i just did with it.

Ok, tak what I did to the grass type as an example (Dont mind the other thing, it's my new fakemon idea and i was too lazy to put it on a seperate paint program);

Can you see the diffrence? It's smoother. A bird's head should be round, and I made it round. The outline should be a darker colour than the main colour (dark green for this). It looks more like an official sprite if you do it how i just did with it.

Okay thanks :D I'll get to editing them later or tomorrow. And I still need a fire starter D: Sadly my dinner didnt give me inspiration.

There are PLENTY of fire dragons you could make that don't look like charizard. I would recommend some sort of chinese dragon -- there are only two or so of those in the pokemon universe.

The outlines are all-black. That's not good.
You do not know what original means. Let's say GAME FREAK decided to make a new Pokemon. This is Unoriginality;

GAME FREAK: Hey, let's make another mouse Pokemon, cause we already have a FUCKTON of them already.

Being original means to make an idea that has never or rarely been used. There hasn't been a Garbage Pokemon yet, so why not Garborder? I do think the design should be different, but it's FUCKING GARBAGE. Literally, actually garbage, so it should look gross.

Same with Vaniluxe. There hasn't been an icicle yet, so Vaniluxe is awesome. They make the design so that it's unique and original.

Your arguement is invalid.

I liked you at first. Then you said some really horrible stuff to me. Then you were okay. And now you're just trying to stir up more trouble. Can you just go away and leave me in peace?

And Vanilluxe isn't an icicle.

The outlines are all-black. That's not good.

I liked you at first. Then you said some really horrible stuff to me. Then you were okay. And now you're just trying to stir up more trouble. Can you just go away and leave me in peace?

And Vanilluxe isn't an icicle.

You are just misinterpreting what the word original means. If you were to say "Make them look nicer than Garborder and Vanilluxe" then yeah, thats your opinion. But you said that Garborder and Vanilluxe weren't original. That's not true. They NEVER had a Pokemon that was garbage. So why not Garborder? They NEVER had a Pokemon that was an icicle/ice cream. So why not Vanilluxe?

If they never had a Pokemon like that, then it would be very original, because when you think of something new that's never been used, that's being original. When you think of a Pokemon that's already had an animal based off of 20 pokemon, lets say a mouse, it would be unoriginal, because that idea was alreaddy used.

I'm only explaining that you misinterpretted Original is all.

And...Vanilluxe is an icicle. Vanillite Vanillish Vanilluxe

Vanillite is an ice cream. But Vanillish and vanilluxe are icicles.

EDIT: Wait...Oh, they're all ice cream? *Facepalm*

I noticed that. I'll post the fixed versions when I finish the water and fire starters.

If you want it to look more like an official sprite, make the outline darker than the main colour. And fix the shadings a bit.

Back
Top Bottom