• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sherlock

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
The last thread was ancient.

So, season 3 started, at least here in the US we got the first episode last Sunday.

Have you seen it? What are your thoughts?

Me, I liked it. But I felt like everything was a bit off. I mean it had it's really funny bits, but part of it felt like fan service was outweighing the actual, I don't know, story or something.

Like I felt Sherlock coming back, yeah, he would like one-up-ing everyone, but I just felt he'd do it in a different way, especially with Watson. I'm not sure, just something like Watson having a faint belief Sherlock was alive, but at the same time, fighting what he knew was a reality that he was dead. Like an idea I had was, I don't know, something like Sherlock mails a package to himself at 221B, and Watson takes it as a clue and it leads to the mystery and him trying to find out/prove Sherlock is alive.

I mean it had it's really adorable bits, but some of it felt like fan service taken too far.

I mean it had it's really adorable bits, but some of it felt like fan service taken too far.

Yeah, I definitely think that too.

I felt that the plot twists in this series were too obvious. I don't think it's because of bad writing, just that since TV has to be shocking for the ratings so now audiences have gotten used to plot twists so now they guess things outrageous to guess them. Those outrageous things turn out to be true.

yes yes yes i needed this thread

I really liked Season 3! After Season 2, which I thought was way less interesting and reviewable than S1, I felt a bit of relief when I started watching this season. I agree, some plot points were pretty predictable (like in His Last Vow) but I found the whole season to be very enjoyable. The Sign of Three is becoming one of my top episodes, along with The Great Game and The Blind Banker.

Back
Top Bottom