• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sinnoh Choice Pokemafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Making my Mafia moderation comeback with a synthesis of my favorite ideas from older games when I was playing here before, some other new things I’ve thought up or seen elsewhere online, and some cool stuff I've seen happen here in the interim.

Sinnoh Choice Pokemafia

Since choice!mafia games seem to have become all the rage lately, I’ll try my hand at one! When you join this game, please post in this thread with your choice of an area in Sinnoh where you can catch or otherwise obtain Pokemon. So any route is OK since you can catch Pokemon there; something like Hearthome City is OK because you can get gift Pokemon there; but Jubilife City, for instance, is out of the question because there’s no way to obtain a Pokemon there in the games.

Each of you are playing Trainers who have caught their prize Pokemon in the area you pick. Preference will be given to Pokemon that are exclusive to that area, but no guarantees. I’ll choose which Pokemon and flavor the roles to fit them after sign-ups close.

ROLES
  • Mafia, preferably three or more, but it depends on how many people sign up.
  • Inspector, at least one.
  • Doctors, probably two.
  • Roleblocker, probably one.
  • Recruiting freemason, one.
  • a number of other roles that will be decided after signups close. When the first night begins, I’ll post a general idea of what type of roles to expect, but don't rely on knowing all the roles or exactly how they work.
  • No vanilla townies.
  • Some roles may have two powers. Some roles may have more. Some roles may have only one power. Maybe all the roles have two powers? Maybe this bullet point is a false alarm and everybody really has only one power? Who knows?

FURTHER ROLES RULES
  • If you don’t speak during the day once, you get a warning. Fail to speak twice, and you’re dead.
  • If you have a night action and don’t send it in once, you get a warning and it’s randomized. Fail to send it in twice, and you’re dead.
  • Unless otherwise stated, you don’t have to use your night action, but you must tell me if you’d like to refrain from using it.
  • Only the Mafia and the freemasons can communicate out-of-game. I'll start Quicktopic threads for this purpose so they can be shared upon the game's end along with the role descriptions and night action log.
  • Phases will last 2 days unless you guys would rather 3? Let me know in this thread and I'll decide by the time the game starts.

I'll take Turnback Cave! edit: Oops, I meant Wayward Cave - the one under the Cycling Road.

Will flavor text be relevant in this game? In addition, does abstaining from one's night action count as not sending it in for the purpose of being modkilled?

Will flavor text be relevant in this game? In addition, does abstaining from one's night action count as not sending it in for the purpose of being modkilled?
Flavor text will be relevant.

Abstaining is a valid send-in that won't get one modkilled — the modkill rule is to punish inactivity, not to force people to use their actions.

Does the Distortion World count? If not, I'll take Lake Acuity.
Yes, the Distortion World counts.

I gueeeeeess I'll play just one more game. Can I have the Flower Paradise?

Is Spear Pillar okay?

yup

For future reference so nobody has to keep asking: if the "In the games -> Pokemon" subsection on the location's Bulbapedia page has any Pokemon in it, you can pick it. Doesn't matter if the only Pokemon there are legendaries or gift Pokemon or eggs or Moonboy for all I know, it's all valid.

Nice fast turnout! We have 11 now; I want at least 12 (=3 mafia members), and up to roughly 15 if enough people want to join. I'll close signups and start Night Zero within a few hours to a day after we hit 12, or if nobody else joins I'll start things up when Ability Pokemafia ends, since it looks to be winding toward a conclusion.

You can get Pokemon in Jublife City. The GTS is there.

If I can be Jublife City, I'll be that. If not, I'll be Lake Verity.

Sure, you've persuaded me. Jubilife it is.

Since the other currently running Mafia games are still going a bit longer than I thought they would, and I don't want this game to lose steam, I'm going to start now, a bit earlier than I said I would. I'm about to start sending out role PMs, and then I'll start the thread.

To make up for the sudden, unannounced start, the first night will be 72 hours or until all actions are in. Further phases will be 48 hours or until all actions are in.

As promised, a brief, slightly more specific summation of the roles:
As I developed the roles, I decided that instead of having a dedicated player assigned to each type of power, it'd be more fun for most players to have a splash of one or more power types. The powers to expect in the game are as follows:

Two Mafia
One dedicated inspector, plus some people have some inspection powers
One recruiting freemason
Two wild-cards who have lots of possible/limited powers
Some vigilante powers
Some roleblocking powers
Some jailkeeping powers
Some scrambling powers
Some redirection powers
An alien-like role that is not quite an alien
Some powers that can change what powers people have access to

Back