• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Emotions about Characters in Books Thread

Do you get emotional about books?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No, never

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
This is true. However, the website goes on and points at much of its failure because its fanbase is rabid and dumb.

I'm not sure if it's better or worse than Stephanie Meyer's crappy vampire novels.

Worse.
At least Meyer has... some kind of decent writing skills, she just uses them horribly or ignores them or something when the time calls for it.

And writes like a twelve-year old fangirling over bad vampire fanfiction.

Only when its a good book *extremely good* and when I can relate to the main character thats why i luv:
Darren Shan-Vampire Series
Darren Shan-Demon Theif *Fav.Book.Ever.*
Darren Shan-BloodBeast/DemonApocalypse
Shapeshifter Series
Once during a Torchwood book *cos I luv it!*

I rarely cry in books. I don't think I've ever cried for a book character. I've gotten sad, yes, and bothered, yes, but I haven't cried. Movies, on the other hand, can make me cry. I don't understand why movies and not books (Mother 3 is a game and I came close to crying).

Kite Runner was so sad. I liked the ending where they are flying kites, I thought it was awesome how despite the tragedy, they're still somewhat happy. However, I used the wrong word when describing the ending (cute argh what was I thinking) and I feel like an idiot because I sounded horrible.
Warriors with Silverstream's kits was sad as well.

I'm about to sound so unmanly. >>

Old Yeller made me cry. In class. Sixth grade, when crying in class was social suicide.

The Sweep series made me cry several times, the most recent when the main character's grey cat got hit by a car. I just found a grey cat, and it made me think of what I would do in that situation. Another point where I cried in class. Senior year. Yeah. At least I was more ninja about it.

The Lovely Bones made me cry (AGAIN in class >_<) because it was so damn depressing. And I hated that book. Hated it. Grrr.

Haven't read Harry Potter, Warriors OR Eragon, so nyah.

Books make me far too emotional than I want to admit. >>

Even though you know all the way through that Elphaba's gonna die at the end...
I didn't. D: I was going to read it, too...

Of course you did; you know how the Wicked Witch melts at the end of the Wizard of Oz? It's automatically spoilered because it's a prequel to a book everyone knows.

Read it anyway >D

Someone read the Golden Compass? I cried when Lyra had to leave Pan when she was going to the dead's land (or whatever it was called, I read it in norwegian soo) D:

And... and... there was something else too... Urk, can't remember...

Back
Top Bottom