• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FR/LG Derp Legendary Birds

Aletheia

King Koopa
So I met Articuno yesterday. Really nice guy. Wasted my last escape rope to get over to Fuchsia and stock up on Ultra Balls. Went back and fought that bird. I got him down to the last sliver of health (as in, one more Cut and it'd faint), and then it proceeded to eat up all my Ultra Balls.

So I just killed it :p

Now that I'm trying for Zapdos, I was wondering if there's any specific strategy to catching these things (and no, I don't have my Master Ball anymore).

Usually, what I do is simple: save in front of them, and then restart if you fail to catch it. (I do that with Gym Leaders and a lot of trainers, too, but I'm over-careful.) It's generally a good idea for a Pokemon you can only get once, especially if you don't have your Master Ball/want to save it for something that roams around the region.

I have noticed that the legends seem to have a better chance of being caught in the weaker Balls then in Great/Ultra Balls.
And iirc defeated legends respawn the next time you defeat the E4. You should also try to Paralyze/put them to Sleep before you start chucking your Balls.

I have noticed that the legends seem to have a better chance of being caught in the weaker Balls then in Great/Ultra Balls.

Not true; this is probably just confirmation bias.

False Swipe will work wonders if you have a powerful attacker with which to use it. Sleep* is also very good. If you're interested, this page has all the info about how to make catches more likely.

*Also freeze, but there's no moves that can reliably inflict freeze and all of them are damaging anyway.

I'd paralyze it first, then hack away with false swipe, and would probably use Timer Balls over Ultra Balls since it usually takes a long time to finally catch them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom